PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your pages printed?

chardonay1234
09-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Hi, I'm new to Ginger Snaps but not new to digi. I love it, but haven't been making any pages for about 2 years now. Life has been busy :-) I miss it and will be doing more scrapbooking!! I have a bunch of pages I've made in the past that need to be printed. How can everyone else enjoy these memories if they stay in my computer? I think that is why I slowly stopped making them.

Please feel free to keep adding any printed info to this thread. It would be great to get a list of printing places, prices and any info on the quality of your prints.

~ Terri

emscraps
09-16-2012, 07:40 PM
HI Terri! Welcome to Ginger Scraps! Funny, I was totally JUST talking about this in one of the chats!! LOL... I'm new to digi scrapping, too. I was an avid paper scrapper, then life got in the way. Until the past couple weeks, I haven't scrapped in about 2 years, too. But when I started digi scrapping I've been getting some pages done, slowly, but surely!!

I was thinking of making photobooks from Shutterfly or something? I always see lots of good deals, sometimes even free!! But I don't know yet...LOL... I'll be watching this thread!! THANKS!!

nikkiecole71
09-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi Terry and welcome. In the store there is Persnickety Prints that does prints. I have never used them personally yet, but I plan to in the near future. I've heard (well, read) really good things about them. :)

Ellasspace
09-16-2012, 09:28 PM
I have used Persnickety Prints for graduation invites etc. and love them over all other print shops I have used in the past. The quality is awesome and they are super fast at getting your order to you. And you can't beat their pricing. :)

Ambelleina
09-16-2012, 09:29 PM
I only use Persnickety Prints. They aren't "printed" prints, they're photographic prints, so they never fade or bleed. They always come out amazing and are done superfast! If somethings wrong with a print, theyll replace it for free. They're totally professional quality and actually cheaper than.most other places for 12x12 prints. I highly recommended them! :)

missdamsel
09-17-2012, 01:46 AM
I actually put all my layouts in a digital frame where they rotate all the time so I enjoy them everyday!

dodgeladee
09-17-2012, 02:12 AM
I second Persnickety Prints. I love them. Great quality!

emscraps
09-17-2012, 06:27 AM
Missi, that's a great idea!! We received a digi frame last Christmas...yes...still in the box! But I like that it could be used for layouts!

Nickala27
09-17-2012, 10:21 AM
I put mine in a digital frame as well, as they are more likely to be seen.

charmedeebob
09-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Welcome to GS! I have to second the vote for Persnickety. Great customer service and quality and very fast. I've used Shutterfly for bound books and they are good, but I'm not a chronological scrapper, so I prefer loose pages in a post bound book to rearrange :) I also use my printed pages as my screen saver so that it's like a large digital frame in my family room :)

prettyingreen
09-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Persnickety Prints all the way! I LOVE them, my layouts look just like they do on my screen, absoulty beautiful, i even get prints done there now. never going to print at Walmart again!

chardonay1234
09-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Thank you all for your input!! Can't wait to get some printed :-)

scrappydoo82
09-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Be careful with Shutterfly when printing out your layouts. I've made that mistake (luckily it was a free book) but if you don't use their dimensions for the page, it will cut off anything on the edge or bound it on the left side :(

I've used Persnickety Prints and just put then in 8x8 or 12x12 albums

HI Terri! Welcome to Ginger Scraps! Funny, I was totally JUST talking about this in one of the chats!! LOL... I'm new to digi scrapping, too. I was an avid paper scrapper, then life got in the way. Until the past couple weeks, I haven't scrapped in about 2 years, too. But when I started digi scrapping I've been getting some pages done, slowly, but surely!!

I was thinking of making photobooks from Shutterfly or something? I always see lots of good deals, sometimes even free!! But I don't know yet...LOL... I'll be watching this thread!! THANKS!!

msbrad
09-19-2012, 02:31 AM
I've been happy with several.
Persnickety
VioVio
Shutterfly
and then there is-
Scrapping Simply and the sister site of Paper Kiwi! [paper kiwi- is the book side]
the latter PRINTS in house and does not out source. AWESOME customer service that was sooooooooooooooooooo patient on MY screw ups! They made it perfect.
m