PDA

View Full Version : Eye creams

Tree City
09-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Does anyone use anti-aging eye creams? Don't worry, I won't judge! LOL!
I'm not young, but I'm not old, either. I feel like I'm at the age where I either start to do "prevention" stuff (like use retinol products) or just say "forget it" and deal with the fact that eventually... I will have crow's feet.

So do you use eye creams to prevent wrinkles? Do you think it works? How long have you been using stuff? Do you do anything besides a little cream? Am I being vain??? (Something I've probably never been accused of. LOL)

missdamsel
09-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Nothing here, Just decided to grow old gracefully.

GingerScraps
09-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Oh .... You are gonna open a can of worms .... Lol, I'm obsessed with creams, potions, lotions, anything beauty related!!

I will post up a list of my top favorites with links tomorrow.

Ricki
09-05-2012, 10:05 AM
I go 'as is' :)

Ambelleina
09-05-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't but I should. We're supposed to start using this creams at 25 and I'm just past that. But I'm lazy lol. The one thing I do is wear SPF everyday. My tinted moisturizer has SPF 20 and the setting powder I brush on has SPF 15.

Then again I think its partially genetic. My mom is 52 and a dermatologist with a magnifying lamp couldn't find one wrinkle anywhere on her face. Seriously.

*fingers crossed*

kl.winters
09-06-2012, 05:43 PM
I just turned 48 and I don't use any anti-wrinkle creams. I just force myself to wash my face every night before bed and apply a moisturizer. I'm planning on aging gracefully. hehe Besides, wrinkles give your face character. :) Actually, I'm too lazy to apply all those lotions and potions all the time and I hate paying that much for products. I think the best thing you can do for your skin is a) drink a lot of water, and b) stay out of the direct sun.

GingerScraps
09-09-2012, 05:56 AM
well sorry for the delay.. my computer had an issue and was in the shop for a few days.
I will give you a good little list of my favs next week. I wanna put it together with links and what not for you :)

conniep
09-10-2012, 12:21 AM
I will admit, I'm addicted to the creams & potions, too lol. I will say that the BEST thing that you can do for your skin is to clean it really well before you go to bed and put on a good moisturizer. Your skin cells rebuild while you are resting and the moisturizer really does make you look all dewy by morning :)

redutedaisy
09-10-2012, 01:28 AM
I totally do and I'm 28...been using it since I was 24. They actually say to use it after 20 :) Anyway, they do make a difference! I've been without mine for six months and my eyes are showing it. Thankfully, I get mine tomorrow! I use Mary Kay's Firming Eye Cream and they have a new repair eye cream I'm going to try this next time around.

msbrad
09-10-2012, 02:23 AM
I totally do and I'm 28...been using it since I was 24. They actually say to use it after 20 :) Anyway, they do make a difference! I've been without mine for six months and my eyes are showing it. Thankfully, I get mine tomorrow! I use Mary Kay's Firming Eye Cream and they have a new repair eye cream I'm going to try this next time around.

28!!!!!
OMG my baby is your age!
I have you doubled plus...LOL....
YES- on Mary Kay eye firm.
Oil of Olay the red jar
Clarins [expensive] but I like.

I totally 'get' admitting your age- I tell mine, but I want to be the best I can and I am not a big make up wearer.
I'm 60!
m

Tree City
09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Michi, you're one of the coolest 60-year-olds I know! :)

And thanks for the info, ladies. My mom has some bad acne scars on her face and she has oily skin. I have dry skin and never really had acne (please don't punch me--I had other issues in high school lol, like my crazy hair and being a foot taller than the boys in my class), so everything she uses wouldn't really work for me.

So keep it coming! It's fun to read what people do or don't do. I'm trying to be better about wearing sunblock. I really wish I could find a moisturizer I liked that also had SPF.