PDA

View Full Version : Hello form the state of Georgia, USA.

DeeAnneK
08-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Hello, I have dabbled in scrapbooking off and on for several years due to work and family demands.

I am wife to my dh for 38+ years. We have a fair sized family that is still growing. Children+spouses+grandchildren=26 at this time.

I am currently working full time but I hope to make a change in that later this year. I work as a sales representative currently.

My husband is home due to some disabilities. He often helps out with grandchildren. (I am jealous!)

I am working on developing a home based business for us.

I like to read, scrapbook, & crochet. I am also interested in natural health through the blessing of essential oils.

I have dabbled with html, & css. I still want to learn php. These challenge and intrigue me. I love typing in code and seeing it create a web page.

I have also dabbled with creating quick pages and scrapbook paper. I want to learn to do extractions when I have a bit more time.

I also want to learn Spanish and become fluent.

I love all things digital and I am the geek in the family. My grandson, Myron, blames me for turning him into a self titled "Zelda geek." He is nine. LOL He will flat out tell you it's all Nana's fault.

I currently also serve as a substitute teacher in my church's children's organization, appropriately referred to as Primary.

I think that just about covers the basics of me.

Thank you for allowing me to join. I have been looking around for a cyber home. I am hoping this will be a fit! :) :) :)

jenevang
08-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Welcome to GS! I'm in Georgia as well... we are neighbors :). Nice to meet you.

dodgeladee
08-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Wow! I think that is the most extensive greeting I have read! Thanks for sharing it! Welcome to GS! Glad you are joining us! I hope you love it here as much as I do!

Tree City
08-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Hi Denise, welcome to GS and thanks for the great intro!

catgoddess
08-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Hello and welcome to Gingerscraps, Denise!

Ambelleina
08-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Hi Denise and welcome to the wonderful world of addicted digiscrappers here at GS! hehe :D hehe

WOW 38+ years?! That's crazy awesome! What a blessing with a large family--so sweet!

How cool that you want to learn Spanish. I want to learn French--Rosetta Stone works really well! I only went so far and I've gotten lazy with it, but I have retained the first few lessons rather well! Now if only I could pause scrapping and get back to that...lol!

Hope to see you around the forums! :)

msbrad
08-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Welcome Denise! Happy you have found Ginger Scraps. We area a happy lot. Jump in and have fun with us. There is always someone around to assist.
m

geswho40
08-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Hellloooo and welcome we are happy to have you here, and it sounds like you will fit in nicely here! everyone here is awesome and the challenges are a lot of fun. Sounds like you a re a very busy lady, but hope you find some time to join in on the fun around here :)

nikkiecole71
08-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the family. :)

Neverland Scraps
08-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Welcome to GS! I'm in Georgia as well... we are neighbors :). Nice to meet you.

another neighbor for you Jen!!
Why did we have to move!!

Neverland Scraps
08-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Wow Denise you are one busy lady and one determined lady!! All the things you want to learn, wowzers!
I am so glad that you found us here at GingerScraps! You are going to love being here!

I have to tell you that we just moved from Columbus in March!! I would have loved to get together with another digiscrapper like yourself!! Maybe one day, my husband will find himself stationed back down in the South!

Anyways, I am so glad to see you here and can't wait to see your layouts filling our gallery!

sparkysgirl
08-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Welcome to Ginger Scraps, Denise!

gwtwred
08-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Welcome, welcome! It sounds like you have a very busy life, what with your large family, work obligations, and many hobbies! We're so glad to have you here -- I look forward to seeing your layouts in the galleries!

conniep
08-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi, it's great to meet another Georgia girl :) I'm a bit north of you, just west of Atlanta..you don't see a lot of us around digi-land! You'll love it here at GS, everyone is very friendly!

swastinadia
08-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Hello Denise... Nice meeting you here. Welcome to GS... :)
Can't wait to see your creation in the gallery here...

chigirl
08-24-2012, 05:30 PM
hello and welcome to ginger scraps, so happy you joined us!!!