PDA

View Full Version : Epic fail!!

GingerScraps
08-10-2012, 04:21 AM
So I decided to do a spur of the moment camping trip... I cashed in my change jar, woke up early and went grocery shopping. Spent the day packing the car full of wood, ice chests, tents, our bags of clothes and towels, and all our other camping gear....
Surprised the kids, of course they were SUPER EXCITED!!
We all stuffed ourselves and our doggie into the car, and headed to the river!!
The river campground is a first come first serve place, no reservations allowed. I figured since it was a Thursday there would be plenty of sites left... Well guess what.... There was not one open camp site!
Ugh ugh ugh!!
We turned around and came home. Booooooo

Such a huge bummer!!!

Well when we got home we set the tents up in the backyard, so I guess we will have to settle for backyard camping. Lol.

dodgeladee
08-10-2012, 04:39 AM
Yay to backyard camping!! Bummer about the campsite! Are we having smores?

Sarah
08-10-2012, 04:44 AM
I'm sorry Ginger.

Juliemomof4
08-10-2012, 05:22 AM
That sucks!! I was gonna come hang at your campsite! You should keep the car packed and go check tomorrow...maybe they were week day campers??!!

zeee
08-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Awww... but at least you still went camping... aaaaand.... best of all, you still have indoor plumbing! :)

LOL laughing aside, I'm sorry you didn't get to go camping at the river... *hugs*

Neverland Scraps
08-10-2012, 02:08 PM
oh wow that's so sad that the grounds were all full by the time you got there, but yeah you for being able to save the day with backyard camping--which I think is the best anyways, especially if it rains or other problems arise.

You are such a great mom to do spur of the moment things like that!! I dont think this was an epic fail, you were still able to save the day and be the super-mom that you are!

prettyingreen
08-12-2012, 02:17 AM
oooh no :( :( :( hope the backyard campin was fun

Tree City
08-12-2012, 02:59 AM
backyard camping=wifi! :)
but I'm sorry there wasn't a space available. total bummer!

Colleen
08-12-2012, 08:45 PM
What a bummer about the campsite, but it still sounds like fun for backyard camping!

I was tempted to do that with the kids before school started. I still have it filed in the back of my mind. We did make it camping earlier in the year though. ;)

sparkysgirl
08-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Kudos for trying! I don't camp ... so this would've been an EPIC divine intervention for me. The backyard camping with the kids sounds like way more fun anyway. The added bonus is you can head inside for a nice hot shower and a quick nap in a nice soft bed ...

I hope y'all had a great time with plan B!

GingerScraps
08-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone. Our "camping" trip ended up being a lot of fun!!
I will post some photos and 2 videos later :)

We played truth or dare on Friday night, it was so funny!! I have two videos that are super funny!!

trina513
08-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Can't wait to see them!

kl.winters
08-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Staycations can be just as much fun!