View Full Version : How often do you...

Tree City
08-07-2012, 05:51 AM
How often do you...
Flip/rotate papers?
Recolor an element/paper?
Mix kits?
Make your own elements/papers/etc?
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)?
Use the warp function to change shadow layers?
Make your own masks?

I'm just curious. :) Answer as many or as few of these questions as you want lol.

JillW
08-07-2012, 07:30 AM
I flip and rotate papers quite often ... don't recolor papers or elements much ... love to mix kits (just don't do it very often) ... never thought about making my own elements and/or paper - wouldn't have a clue how to do so! ... I don't make my own photo treatments, but I do use multiple ones a lot of the time ... do not use warp function to change shadows (I use Corel PSP X4 --- maybe that is why?) ... and I do make my own masks - but, most often I use purchased ones.

Great questions ... what are YOUR answers Sara?

sparkysgirl
08-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Flip/rotate papers? Quite often
Recolor an element/paper? I do this fairly often.
Mix kits? Pretty regularly. I didn't do this when I first started digiscrapping. I was a one-kit girl initially.
Make your own elements/papers/etc? Fairly often. If I have an idea and I can't find exactly what I need to match the kit(s) I'm working with ... I'll just make it myself. I recently made a little bird for a layout using papers from the main kit I was using.
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? All the time ... I'd say daily!
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? Nearly every layout.
Make your own masks? Pretty often.

msbrad
08-07-2012, 03:42 PM
How often do you...
Flip/rotate papers? Often, and I often shrink pattern papers, so the pattern is smaller.
Recolor an element/paper? I recolor more, if I mix kits.
Mix kits? frequently
Make your own elements/papers/etc? Not much anymore. I'd rather use a kit already done, although...I'm capable.
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? Almost always. I don't really have photo changing actions.
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? sometimes.
Make your own masks? Often, or i fiddle and adjust one I have to make it work for me.

now for an unsolicited opinion...LOL...IF a kit has flowers, I think it should have greenery. And all kits need stitching...just 'cuz' <grin>
m

MSPeeler
08-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Good questions!

Flip/rotate papers? Sometimes I will resize them, usually don't rotate them
Recolor an element/paper? Never
Mix kits? Nope
Make your own elements/papers/etc? Nope
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? Yes
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? No? Need to read up on that, LOL
Make your own masks? Yes

Tree City
08-07-2012, 06:00 PM
@Jill, I had my answers and then my computer pooped out on me before I posted them. Stupid laptop! It was late so I figured I'd wait until the morning to post. So here are my answers. :)
Flip/rotate papers? Often.
Recolor an element/paper? I recolor elements frequently. I love being able to change a paper/ellie to perfectly match the LO (esp if I'm mixing kits and the colors aren't exactly the same...which is often lol)
Mix kits? Not often on my CT LOs, but frequently on my personal LOs. Thankfully I joined a few CTs for designers who are friends IRL and they let us mix their kits. SO NICE!
Make your own elements/papers/etc? I used to use my own papers cuz it was tough to find kits with good textures. Thankfully that's easier now. :) But I still add my own ellies/papers every once in awhile.
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? I prefer adjusting each pic individually, so I usually do it on my own. I do use some of my own actions sometimes, though, because I can adjust each layer. Some actions don't let you do that (I think so other designers can't "see" how they made the action?)
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? Almost on every LO.
Make your own masks? Frequently. I also use the ones included in a kit. I like to use masks for both pics and for papers.

Lisa
08-07-2012, 06:35 PM
How often do you...
Flip/rotate papers? often
Recolor an element/paper? occasionally
Mix kits? sometimes
Make your own elements/papers/etc? rarely
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? occasionally
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? sometimes
Make your own masks? sometimes

Sarah
08-07-2012, 07:22 PM
How often do you...
Flip/rotate papers? As often as needed :D
Recolor an element/paper? Not often, at all
Mix kits? Only with P365 or Buffets
Make your own elements/papers/etc? hehe, never
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? When I need to :D
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? When I'm not being lazy :D
Make your own masks? When needed

sladd79054
08-07-2012, 08:52 PM
How often do you...
Flip/rotate papers? Never
Recolor an element/paper? Almost never
Mix kits? very rarely
Make your own elements/papers/etc? nope
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? nope
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? I have no idea what this is but I might if I figure it out
Make your own masks? I could but never do

Twin Mom Scraps
08-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Flip/rotate papers? minimally
Recolor an element/paper? almost never (when personal scrapping of course)
Mix kits? almost NEVER
Make your own elements/papers/etc? frequently (designing)
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? almost never :(
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? often
Make your own masks? rarely

dodgeladee
08-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Flip/rotate papers? rarely... rotate templates all the time
Recolor an element/paper? often
Mix kits? occasionally
Make your own elements/papers/etc? never
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? often
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? never...How does one even do this?
Make your own masks?never

Nickala27
08-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Flip/rotate papers? I rarely rotate papers.
Recolor an element/paper? I recolour papers alot but not so much elements
Mix kits? When I first started scrapbooking I did all the time, but now I like tend to stick to one but will if I feel the page needs it.
Make your own elements/papers/etc? Rarely
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? Rarely
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? The program I use allow me to change the degree and thickness of shadows so I do this sometimes.
Make your own masks? Never

catgoddess
08-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Flip/rotate papers? all the time
Recolor an element/paper? sometimes - especially ribbons and almost always in mini kits
Mix kits? all the time for non-CT pages which I normally don't post in galleries, rarely ever for CT pages
Make your own elements/papers/etc? even though I can, I don't like to take the time. I'll recolor a paper in a kit I'm using before making my own from scratch.
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? I don't use actions, but I've made some of my own scripts I use (I use PSP). So, I guess those are my own even though they're actiony :)
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? I used to play with this tool a lot, but it doesn't always add much for me. So, I rarely use it now.
Make your own masks? I've never done this. I love masks, but never made my own.

StarWarsFans
08-08-2012, 02:23 PM
How often do you...
Flip/rotate papers? All the time! I especially like to rotate striped papers from the vertical position to the horiziontal and vice versa.
Recolor an element/paper? Ocassionally in order to match a photo.
Mix kits? Rarely
Make your own elements/papers/etc? Rarely
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? I like experimenting!
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? I don't know that I've ever done that.
Make your own masks? I never have. I don't use masks much.

Tree City
08-08-2012, 04:55 PM
for those of you who wanted so know...WARP TOOL INFO:
How to use the warp tool in PS (http://www.flergalicious.com/blog/2007/11/02/drop-shadows-part-2/)
how to shadow using smudge tool (instead of warp tool) (http://frickonastick.com/2010/03/shadow-files-the-basics/)

jenevang
08-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Flip/rotate papers? Quite often (especially to get the stripes to go the way I want)

Recolor an element/paper? Rarely

Mix kits? Often with personal pages, rarely w/ CT pages

Make your own elements/papers/etc? Nope, except to extract some memorabilia or to add a texture to paper

Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? umm... not really anymore since I got RadLab.

Use the warp function to change shadow layers? Seems to be hard in PSE, so not much

Make your own masks? all the time.

prettyingreen
08-09-2012, 03:15 AM
i'm a very lazy scrapper lol so i dont do anyting special, more often i'll design a kit i need so i can be a really lazy scrapper lol

PixelsByJen
08-09-2012, 02:37 PM
LOL Rachel :)

Flip/rotate papers? Almost always
Recolor an element/paper? Usually only alphas
Mix kits? Almost always in challenge layouts/personal layouts...almost never in CT layouts
Make your own elements/papers/etc? Yes, in designing I use very little CU and draw/make nearly everything in my kits, but in just scrapbooking I take the lazy route like Rachel and only use what's there
Make your own photo treatments (instead of just clicking on an action to change your pics)? Frequently
Use the warp function to change shadow layers? all the time, I use smudge too
Make your own masks? Would love too, played at it, but not good at it