PDA

View Full Version : Hi fom the Pacific NorthWest

xtine
08-06-2012, 02:49 AM
Wanted to say hi and hopefully join in some challenges and fun.

My name is Christine, originally from Europe, transplanted with hubby, 2 dogs and 2 evil kitties in 2005 to the Pacific NorthWest. I have been shopping in the GS store for a while now and think it is time I put all that gorgeous stash to work!

I have been doing some lay-outs and mostly keeping them to myself:-) I am a graphic designer but am retired due to becoming disabled. I missed creating so much, for through art I can deal with my emotions and frustrations. I'm happy I discovered digi scrapping, but am still in the newbie phase.

Looking forward getting to know you all and I already know that the gallery is a great source of inspiration to me!

Be well,
--
Xtine

dodgeladee
08-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Welcome to GS! Glad you can find inspiration in the gallery! Can't wait to see what you make!

sparkysgirl
08-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Welcome to GS, Christine! Hope to see you posting in the gallery soon!

catgoddess
08-06-2012, 03:48 AM
Hi Christine! Welcome to Gingerscraps!

Tree City
08-06-2012, 05:39 AM
hello and welcome to GS! I'm glad DS can be an artistic outlet for you. I feel the same way! :)

charmedeebob
08-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Hi Christine, glad to have you here at GS! I'm also a Pacific Northwesterner who is a "transplant". I'm from Canada originally and now live in WA state. Looking forward to seeing some of your mad skilz for graphic design in the gallery!

msbrad
08-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Welcome to Ginger Scraps. I'm happy you posted. Jump in and have fun with us.
m

scrapjrlgcp
08-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi and welcome!!

gwtwred
08-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Hey, we're neighbors! Well, kind of, lol. I'm originally from the Seattle area, but live in China during the school year now. I still come home to the Pacific Northwest in the summers, though. Welcome to the world of digiscrap! It's good to have you here -- I'm excited to see your layouts in the gallery!

StarWarsFans
08-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Welcome Christine! :)

Colleen
08-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Hello Christine! Welcome to GingerScraps! You should share your layouts that you have been keeping to yourself. :)

roseytoes9
08-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Hello christine! welcome to ginger scraps!! :)

Ambelleina
08-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Hi and welcome to GS! :D

Art is a wonderful outlet for life's frustrations, I know, and I'm glad you're turning those frustrations into awesome creations! Hope to see you around the forum more and maybe join us for some challenges! :)

xtine
08-13-2012, 02:45 AM
Thank you all for the lovely replies. You make me feel really welcome! Sorry for the late reply, these over the 100F that we have at the moment in the PNW does not sit well with me and I got a migraine.

I'm a typical fall loving gal! I was born in September maybe that's the cause of it:-) Fall is my favorite season, the crisp air, the smell of apple pies, the colored leaves, what's not to like :-)
I could easily live with 3 seasons, spring, autumn and winter.
And immediately the question pops into my head when to use the word 'fall' and when 'autumn' or does American English not use the word autumn? Just wondering! :-)