PDA

View Full Version : How do I use the glitters?

Lennymay
08-05-2012, 01:15 PM
I am fairly new and I have no idea what to do with the glitters that are available.
How do I use them and what are they for.
Thanks for your help.

msbrad
08-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi and welcome to Ginger Scraps and the wonderful world of digi.
I'm going to give a generic answer here, as it depends on the program you are using.
IF the glitter is a layer style, the style will need to be added to your program. The path to do so, depends on your program.
IF the glitter is a png on a layer, then bring into your program and clip /attach it to what you would like to be glittered.

Let me know your program and I can be specific.
WEll, if it is an Adobe or PSP, I can.
m

Colleen
08-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the help, Michelle. That was my guess on how to use them, but I have never used the glitters before! lol

scrapolina
08-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I actually just did this for the FIRST time today!! I have gimp so unable to use styles. I used fuzzy select to select the area I wanted glittered and voila!! Works just like any other template piece you are working with. Hope that helps
Here is a link to what I did if you want to see it :-0
Make A Wish (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35480401/make%20a%20wish.jpg)

Mandalue
08-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Francine, that turned out SO cute!! My program cannot use styles either so I never try using the glitters either. I may have to mess with it to see what I can come up with!

msbrad
08-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Fran your page is awesome!- For the life of me, I fiddle with sadness in gimp.
Mandalue- what program do you use?

Since I'm old [LOL- just had a birthday]. I think we should all list in siggie or somewhere...the programs we use. It would make assisting one another so much easier.
m

Ricki
08-05-2012, 11:23 PM
m I just added my favorite stuff's so if anyone has a question, I'd be more than happy to TRY and help!
....I'm a bit geeky along side with Digiscrapping ;)

msbrad
08-06-2012, 12:10 AM
m I just added my favorite stuff's so if anyone has a question, I'd be more than happy to TRY and help!
....I'm a bit geeky along side with Digiscrapping ;)
Ricki I'm thrilled you are here with us.
m

Ricki
08-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Why THANK you m-slash-Michelle! (saw a few Michelle's here) I am also so happy to have joined this awesome forum!
I even changed my pic and THAT means I'm comfy :)

Changed my name properly, added a pic so I can be seen and I'm all fixed up!