PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Thread!

Ambelleina
07-31-2012, 05:14 AM
Let's all show off our tattoos.

Only because I got a new one this weekend and I want to flaunt it all about! hehe

Here's my first tattoo I got when I was 20:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/timelesslytian/n23928785_32922739_7398.jpg

It's a band thing; I won't get too into it because it's all very nerdy, but if you're a fan of Coheed, you recognize it. :)

And here's the new one I got Saturday!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/timelesslytian/Mobile%20Uploads/1343613129123.jpg

It's says "This too shall pass" in Hebrew. I won't get too into it either, since it has multiple meanings for me, but I have had a lot of pain, suffering and strife in my life (and surely more to come) and this is my reminder that even in the darkest of times, everything is temporary.

Now everyone else show off your tattoos! :D

nikkiecole71
07-31-2012, 05:49 AM
I have 1 that I've had for 22 yrs. It looks like a blob now.

JillW
07-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Oh what a fun thread - I really like your new tattoo ...
I have 4 and will get photos of them tomorrow ...

Ricki
07-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Christina! That last one you did on Saturday is in my language, Hebrew. And what a saying it is!
No tattoos on me but I always wanted a few paws running down from my neck :)

Twin Mom Scraps
07-31-2012, 02:10 PM
still waiting to get my birthday tattoo from april....i am promising to get it once i send girls back to school. it will be another ladybug.
here is the one i got for my birthday last year. i have a rose on my back hip too, but don't have any pics of that one and its about 13 years old now and not as pretty.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x20/twins225/GingerScraps/photo.jpg

mamaape
07-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Here are mine (which is far from the end since I have plans for several more)

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae28/mrsdovin/tattoos.jpg

The first one is difficult to take a picture of by myself, but you get the jist. The second one was a kitchen table tattoo (amateur) and she was tired after tattooing my brother first (my brothers have matching tattoos on their wrists in Kanji - "younger brother"). So it's the poopy one out of the bunch- looking to get it touched up and added to. The stars I got with someone who used to be an inseparable friend... good thing I still (and always will) love stars!! Adding to that one as well which I am EXCITED about. And yes, I LOVE wrist tattoos.

Twin Mom Scraps
07-31-2012, 02:23 PM
And yes, I LOVE wrist tattoos.

i am getting my next ladybug on my wrist :) hopefully next month :)

Inspired Designs
07-31-2012, 03:30 PM
I don't have any tattoo's ... YET! When I get my weight gone, I plan on getting a big one on my back trailing down from my shoulder to my hip, or just on my hip trailing towards the front. Not sure yet. I will be getting a smaller one with my kids names in it too. :)

Juliemomof4
07-31-2012, 04:17 PM
I love tatoos...but I don't have any! I think I am the only preson of all my cousins and siblings who does not havea tatoo! lol!
so, question for you tatoo people, I have a scar on my foot from a surgury I had at age 15, I always have wanted to get a tatoo over the scar, but idk if it will make it look worse or hide it....what do you girls think?

Ambelleina
07-31-2012, 04:26 PM
It should hide it, depending on the scar. My brother had a HUGE scar from a kitchen accident when he was a chef (hot grease+skin=BAD) and the scar was bright pink; he is very dark. He got a solid black Texas shape over it and you really have to know what happened to notice its covering a scar. just pick something big/dark enough to cover it! :)

Inspired Designs
07-31-2012, 09:06 PM
This is something like i want. :)

http://media-cache-ec7.pinterest.com/upload/252905335294250090_Y7oGjXCW_b.jpg

Neverland Scraps
07-31-2012, 11:48 PM
wow y'all are so brave. I could never and never will get one. Just the thought makes me queasy.

I do have a question. While I was at the dr's office today I saw a lady come in with a tatoo showing. As I was looking at it, I noticed it was raised above her skin. Then when I went to get some medicine filled at the pharmacy, I noticed someone else who had tattoos and they too were raised.

So my question is, are they raised from the skin when they are finished?

JillW
08-01-2012, 03:03 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a tattoo raised above the skin - did it look unhealthy Wendy?
I didn't have a chance to snap photos of mine today but will try to tomorrow.

Colleen
08-01-2012, 03:04 AM
I want a stomach like that!!!!
This is something like i want. :)

http://media-cache-ec7.pinterest.com/upload/252905335294250090_Y7oGjXCW_b.jpg

Colleen
08-01-2012, 03:05 AM
I think they might look raised when they are freshly done perhaps?
wow y'all are so brave. I could never and never will get one. Just the thought makes me queasy.

I do have a question. While I was at the dr's office today I saw a lady come in with a tatoo showing. As I was looking at it, I noticed it was raised above her skin. Then when I went to get some medicine filled at the pharmacy, I noticed someone else who had tattoos and they too were raised.

mamaape
08-01-2012, 03:06 AM
The only thing I can think of is that it was FRESHLY done and just swollen..or something.

Colleen
08-01-2012, 03:10 AM
I have a tattoo. It's close-ish to my pelvic bone. It's a shamrock. I'm not willing to share right now. Kids... ;) The tattoo actually survived two huge babies nicely, but I just don't share that general area anymore. LOL

My husband has a few too. He has my named tattooed across his heart. I told him that meant our marriage was destined to fail because of that... ;) He also has his meat tags and an eagle/globe/anchor. He wants to get more including something with the kids' names.

I might get one more with the kids' birth month flowers, and their names. I want the leaves to be intertwining with some of the vines made from their names. I am not sure if that makes sense, but it looks neat in my head. lol

I am quite fond of tattoos. I really think they are sexy. I like sleeves for sure. ;)

Colleen
08-01-2012, 03:11 AM
Have you guys seen this? It's pretty amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9mIBKifOOQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mamaape
08-01-2012, 03:13 AM
Colleen! You're a woman after my own heart!! I totally want lady sleeves! Hehe

Oh man, I want to get tattooed SO bad now (I BLAME BT FOR STARTING THIS THREAD)

I have SO many I want!

My husband will NEVER get tattooed, he's so.. conservative. LOL My brothers both have quite a few. The middle brother has... *counts* like 6? The baby brother has ... *counts* 5? It's crazy. He's got the biggest ones too, from back to chest, etc. YIKES! But totally rad. :D

Colleen
08-01-2012, 03:15 AM
I love the look of Kat Von D. I don't think I would ever get sleeves, but I really do think it's hot on guys and girls!
Colleen! You're a woman after my own heart!! I totally want lady sleeves! Hehe

Oh man, I want to get tattooed SO bad now (I BLAME BT FOR STARTING THIS THREAD)

I have SO many I want!

My husband will NEVER get tattooed, he's so.. conservative. LOL My brothers both have quite a few. The middle brother has... *counts* like 6? The baby brother has ... *counts* 5? It's crazy. He's got the biggest ones too, from back to chest, etc. YIKES! But totally rad. :D

mamaape
08-01-2012, 03:16 AM
That is freaking AWESOME!

Twin Mom Scraps
08-01-2012, 03:18 AM

yes, they are puffy for about a week after you get them done. they peel sometimes too. you have to take care of them after you first get them done. it's like a wound. they really are addicting. you all are totally getting my wheels spinning!!!!! :)
and holy smokes that tummy tatt is sexy! i won't ever have a tummy like that again after having twins...so i will stick with my little lady buck on my wrist...LOL
i was going to get a really nice detailed one done on my foot, but turns out the want i want it on (because other tattoo is on my ankle) needs to have surgery...boo). so wrist it is!

ShiLane
08-01-2012, 05:50 AM
No tattoos yet, but I have a few in mind, just not sure where I want them placed....I'm going to get the taino coqui looks like this:
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss239/shiya_missing_miles/il_fullxfull246163461.jpg
most likely on my right shoulder. I also want something with the dates that we lost my uncle, my great grandmother, and my godbrother, i'm thinking a list of dates around my wrist/ankle or down my side, and I will be getting one with my best friend since middle school and another with my best friend since high school, so i'll have at least 4 tattoos.

Juliemomof4
08-01-2012, 06:03 AM
That video was crazy! Wow...tatoos on the face are just...crazy! I mean if someone wants that more power to them..but waw..what if you change your mind..that is your face. My cousin has the word family across his neck and that is even a big step. But, the face...wow.

Neverland Scraps
08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a tattoo raised above the skin - did it look unhealthy Wendy?
I didn't have a chance to snap photos of mine today but will try to tomorrow.

You are asking the person who is probably most clueless about tatoos here at GingerScraps. I have no idea if it looked unhealthy...it was a tatoo that was raised, just like the other person's at the pharmacy. The one at the dr's was that blackish-purple stuff and the one that was raised at the pharmacy was colorful. I really dont know if they were unhealthy or fresh.

yes, they are puffy for about a week after you get them done. they peel sometimes too. you have to take care of them after you first get them done. it's like a wound. they really are addicting!

Blech, I think they are only addicting to certain people. You got people like me who are scared out of their minds and sick at the thought of whatever they do to your skin (eww, just talking about isn't settling well with my stomach) And please, dont think Im condoning...we are military and almost every Army wife I've seen has at least one tatoo!! I am just not your typical Army wife hehe I have thin skin to tatoos, horrors and I can keep naming things!!

3BluEyedBabies
08-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't have any tatoos, either! I change my mind too much so I don't know what I would want on me FOREVER! My husband has 6...some people they look good on and others...not so much! He still wants to get the kids' names somewhere. My little sister, who is only 20, already has two. One of a feather on her neck and one of a rose on her side. They are nice tatoos; but not something I would want. I have torn feelings about tatoos...I use to work in a nursing home and after seeing so many men and women who had them for so long, I don't think they look so great! However, there are some people...Adam Levine comes to mind...who look hot with them!

JillW
08-01-2012, 07:15 PM
I honestly can't imagine getting a tattoo in "certain" places ... lol ... I'm sure there are areas that are a lot (!) more sensitive than others! Hee hee.
I like sleeve tattoos too - but would never be brave enough for one of them.
My hubby has lots of tattoos - shoulder - arm - chest - his are big ... and he has been talking of getting another one - He got his first about 4 years ago - then I got a baby one ... and then another - and another ... well, you get the idea! LOL.

Here are mine - sorry that the pic quality isn't the best - used my cell phone - and it was tough getting a good shot because I'm just not as limber as I used to be to bend and twist and turn - lol.

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/data/500/medium/TATS.jpg
The one on my wrist : got it after mom passed away last year - the heart is to represent dad and mom - wings to represent they are both in heaven and the swirls, to represent me and my sisters and our families.

The flower was the 1st one I got - a digi-kit-designer-friend designed it for me

The butterfly - got it while on a motorcycle ride - stopped at a tattoo place and loved it so I got it

Most recent (couple months) tattoo - Blessed - Red flower is my birthstone - Blue is our son and Yellow is my hubby. DIL's birthstone is the same as mine. My intentions are to get smaller flowers around this once Jacob and Amanda provide us with grandbabies.

Ambelleina
08-01-2012, 09:18 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9mIBKifOOQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow loved that! I get the "YOU have a TATTOO?!?" thing lol. I guess there's some connotation with having tattoos. /shrug

His tattoos are insane! They look so amazing. Now I'm tattoo self-conscious lol!