PDA

View Full Version : So I have a question?

Luv Ewe Designs
07-20-2012, 02:51 PM
I just took a look at Michi's thread of the new baby (congrats by the way!) and there is something I have always wondered. Why does every hopital have that same receiving blankets? The one with the pink and blue stripes. Is there a reason for this? You would think different places would vary. I don't know just the weird thought of the day lol.

Colleen
07-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Oh my gosh - I have wondered the same thing! My daughter had those same digs (hat and blanket) when she was born. I am drawing a blank on my son's though. I know he had the hat, but I can't remember his blanket. lol

Ambelleina
07-20-2012, 03:13 PM
I've TOTALLY thought the exact same thing! Or I think it every single time I see a pic of a newborn. It's every baby, all over the country and it's like, it hasn't changed in YEARS. My sisters are now 17 and 18 and they had the exact same blankets as my niece that is 1!

There must be some newborn blankie impresario or something that has warehouses full of these things all across the US, just making serious bank off newborns' blanket needs.

SO WEIRD!

nikkiecole71
07-20-2012, 03:35 PM
I never noticed that. Now that you mention it my grandsons and granddaughter have those too.

Luv Ewe Designs
07-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Well I am glad I am not the only one lol!

missdamsel
07-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Funny, becasue I have thought the same thing. Here is my son and the same blanket almost 28 years ago!!

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/missdamsel/Aaronbirthmodest.jpg

DianaB
07-20-2012, 06:38 PM
I hadn't ever thought about it, but I did a quick google search. From what I can find, it sounds like the suppliers are few and they aren't going to update something that works just fine. LOL I also found something that talked about how many hospitals are all part of a bigger network of hospitals and all those hospitals will contract from the same place.

I also noticed that the hospital gowns are all the exact same pattern too!!

MamaCake
07-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Around here we have that same hat but a different blanket with little animal characters on it. I have seen it at a lot of different hospitals too!

StarWarsFans
07-20-2012, 11:21 PM
I'd never thought of it either, especially since I've never had a baby. But I just hopped onto FB to look at my sister's pics. Yep, all 3 nephews had that same hat and blanket!

Sent from my VM670 using Forum Runner

Twin Mom Scraps
07-21-2012, 01:01 AM
i like this thread :) my girls have the same blankets too:) i think i kept a few of them just to have them as keepsakes :)

MSPeeler
07-21-2012, 02:51 AM
Priscilla's was different, but I had that one for Luke....

Hers is with the feet, his stripes: (born at different hospitals)

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qatvko.jpg

Ambelleina
07-21-2012, 03:03 AM
She may have the same blanket as everyone else, but the hat they gave my niece is friggin adorable and I've never seen any other hospital do this to the hats for the little girls (she was tiny so the hugeness of the bow was EVEN cuter):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/timelesslytian/DSCF1178.jpg

missdamsel
07-21-2012, 04:38 AM
My two girls had different blankets. They both had the hospital name on them. Rachel's had a hand print and sarah's was plain. Two different hospitals.

AmyP
07-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Somebody should go into the hospital baby blanket making business. I bet nurses at all those hospitals would love something new to look at lol.