PDA

View Full Version : The bumps in the night

scrappydoo82
07-20-2012, 01:17 AM
BIG bumps!! Was sitting on my couch and i felt the WHOLE floor underneath me rattle after hearing something ram into a pipe!!! My first instinct was that the dog somehow got under the house again (even though I know his butt is too big to fit under the 6 inch opening by the well pump) But he flew into here and looked around.

Hubs is gone out of town.... my uncle (who we are renting from & next door) isn't answering his phone and I am wondering WTH is under my house!! :cryhard

geswho40
07-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Lol, oh no you poor thing. I would be scared senseless. Sorry you are alone, have you found anything out yet?

missdamsel
07-20-2012, 01:35 AM
oh no!! probably something like a possum or raccoon. Nothing to worry about I am sure!!

scrappydoo82
07-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Nope :( I called a guy from a pest removal and he said it sounds like it may be an armadillo because they sleep during the day and are highly active at night. He charges $189 for a inspection! and $50 fee for each one he catches! I am sorry, if it is that, I am not paying for that!! I emailed another company --- figure I will hear from them tomorrow.

MamaCake
07-20-2012, 02:36 AM
Crazy that the whole floor rattled...whoa. I'll be checking back to see if you find out anything!

AmyP
07-20-2012, 02:38 AM
Whoa! I wonder what it is?

Tree City
07-20-2012, 02:50 AM
I would have peed myself. Or cried. Or both! Hopefully it's just a stray dog or something and hopefully this resolves itself. My ILs have a raised deck and they get squirrels under it... sounds like a freaking tornado when they start running around. Hopefully that's all you're dealing with!

A racoon got onto our roof and started gnawing its way through the shingles. It woke me in the middle of the night and I seriously thought someone was in our attic, trying to claw their way into the house! (The racoon was literally right over us on the roof, so the sound got amplified through the attic. And of course I was pregnant so I was a bit, umm, hormonal lol at the time.)

Keep us updated!

nikkiecole71
07-20-2012, 02:53 AM
I hope you find out what it is without it breaking your wallet.

trina513
07-20-2012, 04:33 PM
OMGosh! That's crazy!! Hope you get it figured out soon!!

GingerScraps
07-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Eeekkkk!! That's no fun!! Whatever it is.... I can't wait to see a LO about it ;) hehehe :)

StarWarsFans
07-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Uh, that is really freaky! I hope you get it figured out. I think I would have to move out for awhile!

Neverland Scraps
07-20-2012, 10:41 PM
we used to have a crawl space under our house that my oldest was born in (did you follow all that?) and cats or other animals would get in under the crawl space and fight during the night. While they fought, we could hear them banging around and often feel the floor shaking with them hitting the floor. So I would guess its an animal of some sort creeping around under your house. I am sorry you had to face the noise yourself. You are brave for dealing with it ((hugs))

scrappydoo82
07-21-2012, 08:50 PM
thanks everyone :) hubs got got home last night finally! His co-worker is going to set up a trap in the morning because everyone wants to charge $175+ to put a trap out and then $50 for each animal they catch. We've seen an armadillo in the yard before and it's about the only thing that we can think of it being. Funny how something so small can scare the heck out of some one -- did I mention I was watching a horror movie when this happened?????/ lmao

missdamsel
07-21-2012, 08:55 PM
We had an armadillo outside out bedroom window once, sounded like someone trying to break in! Crazy!! Glad you found someone to help!

trina513
07-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Let usknow when you catch it!!

msbrad
07-23-2012, 07:58 PM
An armadillo??? must be a whole family of them.
and those are a pain to get rid of .
m