PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Decisions in Your Life

Tree City
06-19-2012, 04:26 PM
I asked DH this yesterday and I thought it might be interesting to ask it here:

What are the Top 5 Most Important Decisions You've Made in Your Life?

Tree City
06-19-2012, 04:30 PM
In timeline order, not order of actual importance:
1. Graduating a semester early from high school
2. Where I chose to go to college
3. Postponing my wedding to DH and then actually marrying him about a year later
4. Having DD
5. Having DS

Sarah
06-19-2012, 04:41 PM
1. Moving to Florida after high school
2. Madison
3. Ethan
4. Josh (and not in that order)
5. dropping out of college

I still regret #5, but in the end, it was the best decision. Though I hope one day to go back, it doesn't look like it's going to happen, because I refuse to go into debt for it.

missdamsel
06-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Mine in order:

1. Choosing life for my baby boy (now 27)
2. marrying hubby (and gaining two kids in the process)
3. having DD
4. finishng college despite a husband and two kids (wasn't easy, but as a team we did it)
5. having DD

dodgeladee
06-19-2012, 11:07 PM
1. Making the decision to lose major weight
2. Choosing to stick it out with my husband when times were tough
3. Going to college
4. Moving out of state
5. Becoming independent

JillW
06-20-2012, 12:27 AM
1) Getting married
2) Becoming a mom
3) Becoming a manager at the company I work for (stepping out of my comfort zone)
4) Working through relationship ups and downs with hubby instead of throwing in the towel (things are delightful now!)
5) Deciding that I am "okay" with who I am - not feeling like I need to impress everyone all of the time.

prettyingreen
06-20-2012, 01:46 AM
this is a great idea! i no order

1.) decideing to travel to meet my love
2.) havin my baby boy, and my baby girl
3.) getting maried to DH
4.) being a Stay at home mom
5.) moving to PA

and throwing a 6 in there... starting to Digi scrap!

Ambelleina
06-20-2012, 02:01 AM
I don't think I've lived long enough to have 5 top decisions LOL.

I'll put down 5 anyway; they're important/had a big impact, even if the impact wasn't great:

1. Going to TCU when I was 17.

2. Lying to my then best friend when he asked me if I was in love with him (I said no).

3. Moving out of my mom's house a year ago.

4. Attempting suicide.

5. Choosing between two men, one of whom is now my boyfriend of three years.

prettyingreen
06-20-2012, 03:51 AM
5. Choosing between two men, one of whom is now my boyfriend of three years.

i did the same, and is also in my top 5 :)

Terra
06-20-2012, 06:30 AM
1. My Children
2. Returning to Arizona to be closer to my grandmother
3. Sticking it out with Iain even with things seemed impossible.
4. Reconnecting with my brother
5. Taking charge of my life and being responsible for where it goes. (and where it doesn't)

nikkiecole71
06-20-2012, 11:06 AM
1. Getting married
2. Having my kids
3. Getting my GED
4. Not walking away from my marriage when things were tough
5. Telling my mother in law off. I know it sounds strange but this woman has put me through hell.
I have to add a 6 one.
6. Getting sober

StarWarsFans
06-20-2012, 02:17 PM
1) Choosing a college
2) Attempting suicide after my fiance dumped me
3) Marrying DH
4) Adopting the kids
5) Taking Lupron (it didn't work and now I'm 15 pounds heavier.)

GingerScraps
06-21-2012, 09:33 PM
This is really cool! I love this idea - thanks for starting it Sara!

Lets see...
I will write a short list. then below I will write the list with explanations :)
1. Getting married young and having my kids
2. Taking the high road during my divorce
3. Having a hysterectomy
4. Deciding to stay "single"
5. Of course.... opening up GS!!

1. Getting married young and having my kids- while this didn't end well for me, I am glad that I didn't wait. I had my kids young.. and then had to have a hysterectomy at 26- so if I had not gotten married and had kids when I was young, I never would have been able to.

2. Taking the high road during my divorce- This was so hard!! But I never talked bad about the kids dad when they could hear it. I didn't play mind games. I was just me, the same Mom I always have been... and over the last 4 years (since our divorce) they have grown up so much, and have seen who each of us are as people. I think they have even more respect for me, because they see how I handled everything. I'm very glad I don't have major regets about how I conducted myself during that very sad time in my life!

3. Having a hysterectomy- Major hard decision because I was so young, but one of the best things I have ever done!! I was tortured daily from really bad endometrosis, and my DR recommended a full hyster (everything removed- ovaries, uterus, cervix etc). I was so glad once I recovered from the surgery, I was no longer in pain!

4. Deciding to stay "single"- I have decided to stay "single", probably until my kids graduate highschool. It is super hard sometimes, I get very lonely and wish I had a husband. But I know that I do not have the time or energy to devote to that right now. I do have a best friend that is a man.... and he is more than a friend.... but he knows exactly where I am in my life. He knows that I will not ever put anything or anyone ahead of my kids, but when they are with their Dad... then I can spend time with him. It works for us right now, and I'm super thankful to have him in my life, while still remaining "single".

5. Of course.... opening up GS!! - I love GS, but let me tell you, it has been a struggle at times! The amount of work verses the amount of pay is hard at times. But I LOVE the GS community so much! I have made relationships with people that I truly consider my friends! As the community grows and more and more people find out about GS, the sales grow too.... so all the hard work is starting to pay off financially. I look forward to where we will be over coming years! :)

Tree City
06-22-2012, 03:27 AM
first of all, it is great to read everyone's responses! secondly, I wonder what will happen in our lives to change how our answers in a few years. :)

Twin Mom Scraps
06-23-2012, 06:29 PM
This is a great topic...I know I have a lot of life still to live, so these are 5 things I have done so far...I'm sure there are a lot more important things ahead of me!!!
1: finishing college
2: marriage and kids
3: sticking though work and financial problems with my husband
4: starting kids in pre-paid college funds early
5: taking my health seriously and listening to my body and seeing more than one doctor if i have to!

Ambelleina
06-23-2012, 07:04 PM
first of all, it is great to read everyone's responses! secondly, I wonder what will happen in our lives to change how our answers in a few years. :)

I think about that all the time! I love tracing back big things in my life to the little things that happened in the past. Like really seemingly small things lead to life events. I wonder what little things are happening right now that will change my life later.

brenian4ever
06-23-2012, 07:15 PM
1. Having my son
2. Whether to move to Scotland with hubby or us live here in states
3. Moving back to Az
4. Getting out of abusive marriage
5. Spending six months in Scotland with hubby

nutsaboutgabe
06-24-2012, 12:29 AM
This is hard because in the moment so many decisions seem so big but in hindsight they aren't all big. So I guess this is my list.

1. Choosing college
2. Moving to CT
3. Getting married
4. Moving to KY and then back to CT 6 years later
5. Becoming a mom to Gabe

missdamsel
06-24-2012, 01:09 PM
This would make a good scrap challenege one month, maybe inspiration challenge??

mamaape
06-24-2012, 01:59 PM
I think that would be AWESOME Missi!!

This would make a good scrap challenege one month, maybe inspiration challenge??

sltppr
06-24-2012, 06:10 PM
1. Choosing to leave college after two years - although there is regret turned out to be for the best
2. Starting a career in Federal Civil Service
3. Marrying my husband against all odds-he is Black, 10 yrs older than I, his 2nd marriage & a child, Enlisted Marine (my Dad was an Officer)
4. Choosing life in 1994 when stricken with breast cancer - attitude is everything! Not really a decision but tying for 4th was standing by my Mom against my family (relationships with brother and sister still not healed) to not put her in a home in the last days of her life as she was succumbing to lung cancer. She died two weeks later and was in her own home until 12 hours before her last breath. Was the most important decision I ever made!
5. Retiring two years ealier than planned due to the "verbal" abuse of my boss. Was not worth staying and I have never been so happy!

3BluEyedBabies
07-21-2012, 04:36 AM
1. Moving out of my father and step-mother's house right after graduating HS. Could not take one more day of living under her ridiculous rules
2. Following my heart and contacting an old boyfriend and sticking with him through the tough times until we were ready to get married
3. Deciding to keep our little unexpected bundle of joy
4. Having two more beautiful kids
5. Taking CNA classes