PDA

View Full Version : Need prayers please for my mommy!

kimmyscraps
06-19-2012, 03:08 PM
My mom was diagnosed with cancer in 2009 the day before Thanksgiving. She had a huge tumor in her brain that they successfully removed but there was a small tumor on the other side that they couldn't reach without it being too dangerous. She also has spots on her lung. They believe the lung cancer metastasized to her brain. Anyway, she has been doing great for 2 1/2 years all things considered. However over the last 2 months, she has been declining, rapidly. My parents live in the Upper Peninsula of MI and I'm about 6 1/2 hours away so I don't get to see her hardly at all. :( Anyway, long story short, there is a doctor coming in from Canada to do surgery on her with a some sort of laser machine that will hopefully get rid of the tumor that is still in her brain. She's nervous, I'm nervous... It's just a scary thing. She is having the surgery on the 29th. I will be able to travel up there to be with her for a few days before hand and will be staying about a week after the surgery. I ask for your prayers for her. She is a strong woman and has endured so many hardships in her life. (Many of my recent layouts feature her!!) So please please please pray for her. I'm scared, sad, nervous, really a bundle of emotions. I know how I'm feeling about the whole thing and I can only begin to imagine what she is going thru. Thank you for listening to me vent. I needed to get this out somewhere and I couldn't think of a better place or better people to make this next week and a half bearable! I love GS!!

catgoddess
06-19-2012, 04:10 PM
That is so scary, Kimmy, but hopeful! You and your family are in my thoughts. xoxo

missdamsel
06-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Praying Kimmy!!

Tree City
06-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Kimmy, I'm praying for your mom and for the surgeon: may the surgeon be successful and may your mom recover quickly. {{HUGS}} and prayers to you too! What a difficult and stressful time for your family.

JillW
06-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Kimmy I'll be adding your mom (and your family) to my prayers ... please know we are here for you anytime ... sending you big {{{{{hugs}}}}.

prettyingreen
06-19-2012, 08:32 PM
oh my gosh kimmy!!! how scary!!! I hope they are able to get it out and things go well, let me know if there is anything i can do. sending you a big hug and keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

ShiLane
06-19-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm sending tons of positive thoughts her way, and yours!! I hope she's able to recover from the surgery quickly and that positive things head her way soon!

BethLang
06-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Kimmy, you've got my prayers and love....lots of both being sent. I too live far from an ailing parent, and am a bundle of nerves/emotions this week too as my Dad is not doing well all of a sudden....Much love to you and your mom....HUGS!

AmyP
06-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I just prayed! I will continue to pray for your mom and your family.
hugs!!

trina513
06-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Definitely Praying!! I'm glad you're able to go before hand - and stay after - it'll be nice just to be there!!

StarWarsFans
06-20-2012, 03:22 PM
That is scary. I hope the surgery goes well. I will keep you all in my prayers.

javanilla724
06-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Prayers and Positive thoughts!

kl.winters
06-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Oh Kimmy! I know this is a difficult situation for you. I'm thinking about you, your family and of course your Mom as you work through this process. I even jotted a note on my calendar so I can pray and think about you on the 29th. Stay strong, Kimmy! The advances in modern medical treatments and procedures is astounding so let's pray and keep our fingers crossed that this procedure does everything that it's suppose to do.

kimmyscraps
06-22-2012, 05:06 AM
Well, now I'm even more nervous. The doctor that is coming over from Canada who has performed the surgery before isn't allowed to touch my mom. I'm sure it has to do with malpractice and whatnot. So her surgeon is going to be performing this surgery on her for the first time. The doc from Canada will be there to "consult" but.. UGH!!

Thanks so much for the prayers everyone. I'm a basket case and reading all these messages has calmed me down so I can at least sound strong for her! :) Thanks so much!!

kimmyscraps
06-29-2012, 04:05 PM
We are at the hospital. Waiting for them to take her back. Gonna be a long day. Thanks again for all your prayers and positive thoughts.

sparkysgirl
06-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Hang in there Kimmy! I hope things are going well for your Mom.

JillW
06-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Kimmy, continued thoughts and prayers are coming your way!! {HUGS} too!

kl.winters
06-30-2012, 02:23 AM
Been thinking about you all day, Kimmy!

cfalbro
06-30-2012, 04:53 AM
Venting can do wonders for the heart and soul. And GS truly is the perfect place to share, thank you for sharing with us. I hope we'll hear news soon, I'm thinking of you and your mom, I know it's been a lot to endure, come and talk to us when you can.

ajoyfulheart
06-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Wow...I would never have imagined someone brought in to help would be not allowed to touch....I have not had many instances in the medical arena though...I know things can be weird and seriously not cool. I hope everything went okay!! ((((((HUGS))))))

GingerScraps
06-30-2012, 02:17 PM
I will continue to pray. Your have been on my mind and on my heart since I read this post.
Hopefully you can update us soon.
<3

zeee
06-30-2012, 02:23 PM
My prayers go out to you Kimmy! Wish your mom well and pray she gets better soon...

Neverland Scraps
07-02-2012, 02:40 AM
oh wow Kimmy I can't imagine what you all are going through but am keeping your mom and her doctors in prayer as she has gone through this surgery!

kimmyscraps
07-02-2012, 04:41 AM
Mom is doing well. It was a long day, both emotionally and physically. After the doctors both put their heads together, they decided to just do a biopsy instead of the surgery to remove the tumor. They explained that what they were seeing on the MRI could be a result of "Radiation Necropsy." Basically dead tissue from the radiation. Because the location was soooo close to the part of her brain that controls motor functions, they didn't want to take the "tumor" if it isn't really an "active tumor." So, they did a biopsy and took 6 tissue samples. Now we wait for the pathology reports. Pray that it isn't the tumor and we don't have to repeat this whole ordeal. We should know by the end of the week.

But she is doing well. They released her from the hospital on Saturday morning and she is doing fine. Managing the pain. I'm grateful I get to be here for her this whole week but at the same time, I'm worried they will have to do the surgery anyway and I might not be able to be home for it. But again, praying for good news for once. She certainly deserves it.

Thanks for all your thoughts/prayers/well wishes. I've been very close to breaking down over the last 2 weeks and have held it together knowing that people care. You have helped me get thru this terrible time. I probably won't be on here much until I get back home on the 9th.. but boy, I can't wait to scrapbook and get all my feelings down in writing!! I've got some great pictures of my mom with her grandbabies to scrap!! :)

Neverland Scraps
07-02-2012, 02:00 PM
I will be praying for good news from the pathology reports. I hope you guys dont have to go through this whole ordeal again. So glad to hear that your mom is home and able to enjoy being around the kids instead of at the hospital. Please keep us posted ((hugs))

Inspired Designs
07-02-2012, 02:06 PM
I'll be praying for good results for your Mom.

trina513
07-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Ahh Kimmy!! :( :( **HUGS** Thanks for updating us! Hang in there!!

kl.winters
07-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Hang in there Kimmy! We're thinking about you and praying for your Mom.

Deanna
07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Praying for you and your mom Kimmy. Glad you could be with her.

nutsaboutgabe
07-03-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm relieved to read your mom is at home now. I'm sure she loves the time with her grand daughters and you! Travel safe.

kimmyscraps
07-07-2012, 06:43 AM
We got the news!! It's good news!! Radiation Necropsy NOT an ACTIVE tumor!! Woohoo!! Now they will just monitor that every three months. The next step in the whole process is to work on the lung cancer now. Baby steps! Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers!! It has been a crazy week and I'm ready to life to slow down a bit!! :) Miss checking in here all the time and I'm severely behind in my scrapbooking!

JillW
07-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Kimmy, that IS good news ... thank you for letting us know ... will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and pray that things continue to improve all the way around!

kl.winters
07-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Fabulous news, Kimmy!

Neverland Scraps
07-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Kimmy that is awesome news!! I am so excited and happy for your family!!

GingerScraps
07-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Oh good!!! That is wonderful!!! Thank you for the update :)

trina513
07-09-2012, 05:25 PM
YAY!! Happy to see a good report in here! :D We miss you around here too!!

AmyP
07-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Oh I am smiling and smiling reading your update! I will keep up the prayers!

Inspired Designs
07-10-2012, 02:26 AM
That's amazing new Kimmy! :)