PDA

View Full Version : I won't see my husband for 15 days!

mamaape
06-16-2012, 10:35 PM
This is the longest we'll have been apart since we met. It's a little crazy. I'm already a little sad.
He just left to go to Germany - GERMANY! - for two weeks + a day on a business trip. He's of course excited but terribly anxious/nervous/scared because he's never been out of the country (not even to Canada or Mexico). I'm just anxious because he's going to be ACROSS THE WORLD from me (us).

I sure hope he remembers to take pictures, heh, he's not the type to stop and go "oooo such pretty scenery!" but I can hope! LOL

Thoughts and prayers for his safe travels are welcomed and appreciated!

AH! I can't wait to sleep in our big bed ALL BY MYSELF! Sweet bliss! LOL! But... I'm also going to miss him terribly. :(

Ambelleina
06-16-2012, 11:08 PM
time to partay bt style!

Colleen
06-16-2012, 11:24 PM
You are too funny! I would be jealous of him (wait , I am! ;)). If I was you, I would have been packing my bags and making the trip too!

Meh - 15 days is nothing. ;) It will go by super quick! LOL

MSPeeler
06-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Meh - 15 days is nothing. ;) It will go by super quick! LOL

15 days would feel like a lifetime to me!!!! lol

GingerScraps
06-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Awe, your gonna be having a hard time at night I bet.
But the break will be nice is some ways too maybe?

One thing that will be super fun.... When he comes home! The time apart will make you love and appreciate him even more :)

Oh and sometimes its best to just stay really busy. So I can for sure find lots of things to keep you busy!! Lol ... Mawahahaha ;)

chigirl
06-17-2012, 11:02 AM
i would definately packed my bags too...try to look at it as a little vacay...the time will go by so fast

nutsaboutgabe
06-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I hope you enjoy the big bed by yourself....and hopefully the time apart will go by quickly.

Inspired Designs
06-17-2012, 11:59 AM
My Hubby's been leaving for a few months at a time lately. It's been rough. He's been home for over 2 months now and it will be soon time for him to go again. It's harder on the kids because they don't have the concept of how much time has past. The first few days are always the hardest but once I cross that hurdle it's no so bad. Skype has become a great resource too. Then the kids get to see and talk to their Dad a lot. :) 15 days will come and go so fast you won't even get a chance to miss him. :)

mamaape
06-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Well, not before 8am, and I'm up showered and dressed so is my little guy- we're all fed (including the dog), garbage and dog taken out, dishes unload and reloaded into dishwasher and I vacuumed, LOL! I am certainly more productive when he's away!

I totally did enjoy laying in the MIDDLE of the bed last night, HA! but of course years of habit had me waking up on my side. It was definitely hard to fall asleep last night. Of course all that ice cream probably didn't help! LOL It'll get better, I know, and by the time I'm sleeping like a baby he'll be home!

We have Android phones so we Gtalk video call thing. :) We've got a lot planned the next two weeks (my son and I) so I'm sure the time will fly! :)

kl.winters
06-17-2012, 01:20 PM
It will go by fast, April!

Colleen
06-17-2012, 03:08 PM
LOL - I have done 4 deployments and many, many, many weeks of training that are usually 4-6 weeks long every 2-3 weeks when they are getting ready to deploy. Not to mention other trainings when they aren't getting read to deploy. And the deployments. So, 15 days really is nothing... teehee :)
15 days would feel like a lifetime to me!!!! lol

mamaape
06-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Oh yes, THAT I can't imagine! Well I can a little tiny bit- my brother is in the military, so on that level I can. He's actually home home (not where he's stationed) with us now for a couple weeks, it's been lovely! (my brothers and I are close)

LOL - I have done 4 deployments and many, many, many weeks of training that are usually 4-6 weeks long every 2-3 weeks when they are getting ready to deploy. Not to mention other trainings when they aren't getting read to deploy. And the deployments. So, 15 days really is nothing... teehee :)

missdamsel
06-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Yep, don't miss that part of the military! We married Jan 2nd and he left for training like two weeks later!! Crazy!