PDA

View Full Version : In 10 days...

scrappydoo82
06-05-2012, 11:24 PM
My kids are going to be gone for 2 weeks to their grand parents house. I am not sure if I should:cryhard or :36_1_33: lol. I will not lie, it is going to be weird not having them here for that long, because they have never been gone longer than 2 days. But what the heck am I going to do other then clean the house from top to bottom?????

I think my inlaws are going to ask hubs and his siblings for recooperating funds after 6 grandchildren for that long lol.

StarWarsFans
06-06-2012, 12:31 AM
I know what I would do: Scrap - Eat - Sleep - Repeat!

Sent from my VM670 using Forum Runner

nutsaboutgabe
06-06-2012, 12:39 AM
wow!! that sounds like a fun 2 weeks...at least for the 1 week. :-)

brenian4ever
06-06-2012, 12:50 AM
OMG I would be lost without my little man for two weeks! He has never even beenawayover night yet.

trina513
06-06-2012, 01:28 AM
WOW! How fun and nice of them!! I'd clean the house like a madwoman for a bit - then relax and scrap and appreciate that it actually STAYS clean! :D ENJOY the quiet!! And if you miss them - I can always send my kids your way! ;)

scrappydoo82
06-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah i've never been the one this, but they will be an hour and a half away
OMG I would be lost without my little man for two weeks! He has never even beenawayover night yet.

scrappydoo82
06-06-2012, 11:19 AM
hehe my sis already told me I could have my nephews. Not sure I could handle older boys alone -- the oldest is 13 and going through the change and he's been walking around like the world owes him something!

I don't think I've ever seen the house actually stay clean since pre-kids!!

WOW! How fun and nice of them!! I'd clean the house like a madwoman for a bit - then relax and scrap and appreciate that it actually STAYS clean! :D ENJOY the quiet!! And if you miss them - I can always send my kids your way! ;)

msbrad
06-06-2012, 05:11 PM
How wonderful of the grandparents. Enjoy your time.
m

missdamsel
06-06-2012, 09:43 PM
ENJOY!! Enjoy your time. As moms we usually don't take time for ourselves. As the mom of 5 kids (last one at home) I do know how precious time for yourself without guilt is! Our only kid at home (14) leaves next Thursday for a month! It is my annual 3 weeks of heaven (with an added week this year!!) Don't get me wrong I love her and being her mom, but I love that she gets that time at camp and I get to eat sleep and scrap when I want! It would really be heaven if dh was gone too!! lol

photom
06-06-2012, 10:32 PM
How nice! I just wish I had that, along with everyone else out of the house as well. After the first week though it will be really weird! Enjoy it!

Colleen
06-06-2012, 10:41 PM
I would be doing the happy dance!!!! That would be so nice! LUCKY!!!! :) I'm with Trina. I would clean the house. ENJOY the clean house and scrap!!!!! :) Oh - I would sleep in too! ;) Maybe spend the day in bed one day too. Teehee

Psychozoe
06-07-2012, 01:44 AM
You'll love it for the first 2 days at the most, then you'll be feeling lost and missing them sooo much!

swastinadia
06-07-2012, 12:47 PM
How about doing something completely different..? Stuff you couldn't do with your kids around...
Maybe ring some friends and do some caching up... remembering the old glorious day :)

GingerScraps
06-07-2012, 05:08 PM
For sure don't waste all your alone time cleaning!! Lol. How about a week before they leave tell them ..... If you don't help me get this house clean then your not going.
Lol, that way they will help you and once they leave you can do all fun and relaxing things! :)
Lots of scrapping, chick flixs, icecream, sleep.... Ahhh :) enjoy it :)

scrappydoo82
06-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Haha good idea Ginger! They have been fighting and i've threatened their rooms are getting seperated again because they are driving me nuts. But i wonder if it would just be easier doing that while they are gone?

Hubs will be out of town for work and he's told me I could come and stay in his hotel room for a few days. Then we can do stuff or I can just do my own thing. I have some doctor appointments to make -- one i've been putting off because obviously kids cant come into the office for a "yearly" hehe.

I will be in heaven with one day of sleeping in to whenever I want without hearing "MOM! I am hungry!" lol. MIL says if it goes good, they want to do it every year. I think I will be on board.

Tree City
06-08-2012, 03:15 AM
ooooh, I know it'll be tough at first to have them gone, but I bet you'll find LOTS to do! :)
Umm, but here's what I'd do. ;) I'd clean (just cuz it's easier without kids underfoot), and then I'd get a big bottle of my fave drink and sit down in from of my laptop and scrap my heart out! I'd also go get coffee, meet a friend or two, go to the bookstore, go clothes shopping for MYSELF, get a mani/pedi, get a hair cut (haven't had one since last June!), stay out past 5pm (we eat dinner at 5 and we don't leave the house after that rotfl), go swimming, stay at a hotel overnight just for fun, cook whatever I want to eat lol, go to the Gulf, play my fave music really loudly and sing it even louder (without editing out the songs with swear words rotfl like I have to do when DD is here), or I'd just take a nice nap. Yes, I'd start with a nap!
Hopefully that gives you a few ideas of what you could do! :)