PDA

View Full Version : Gingerscraps App

Mandalue
06-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I just got an iPhone and I'm looking into getting the forum app!! Only thing is that I'm really cheap and I don't want to buy the app if I don't know how it's gonna be!! Can anyone tell me what they think about the app, what you can do on the app (does it just let you do stuff in the forum or am I able to navigate the gallery with ease??), what you can see on the app...etc, etc?

I'll love y'all forever!! :kisses

missdamsel
06-05-2012, 11:07 PM
The GS app is free as far as I know, it was when I got it. The app I use for the forum is tapatalk, worth every penny!!

Mandalue
06-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Well I just found the gingerscraps app. I was actually looking at tapatalk which is $2.99 and the GingerScraps app is free. Just downloaded it and going to check it out!! I still would love to hear what you have to say about the apps (tips/tricks) I'm a super newbie to my iPhone!

nutsaboutgabe
06-06-2012, 12:41 AM
I have had an iphone for a while now and still haven't downloaded Tapatalk so I'll be following this thread.

Sarah
06-06-2012, 12:42 AM
I use Tapatalk for Android and I love it!

scrappydoo82
06-06-2012, 11:23 AM
i think my phone came with tapatalk -- don't really use it because i hate my phone.

sladd79054
06-06-2012, 05:18 PM
I use forum runner for android and love it but you can only view the forum.

missdamsel
06-06-2012, 05:52 PM
That is why I didn't stick with forum runner, I want to be able to respond too!

I use forum runner for android and love it but you can only view the forum.

sladd79054
06-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Actually I shouldn't of said you can only view the forum, I meant that you can't see the gallery but you can reply and check pm's and what not in the forum with forum runner but sometimes I want to look through the gallery and can't.

That is why I didn't stick with forum runner, I want to be able to respond too!

missdamsel
06-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I could never figure out how to reply when using the free version.

Actually I shouldn't of said you can only view the forum, I meant that you can't see the gallery but you can reply and check pm's and what not in the forum with forum runner but sometimes I want to look through the gallery and can't.

roseytoes9
06-06-2012, 07:41 PM
I use tapatalk for my android as well.. :) i love it.. I feel connected to gs.. Lol

GingerScraps
06-06-2012, 09:41 PM
I also use TapTalk.... and just so ya know, if I *could* make it be free I would :)
GS doesn't make any money off of it, it is it goes to the taptalk developers.

The GS App is free and always will be.... but yikes, it is in serious need of and update! LOL. We are working on a few other projects first but it will be update pretty soon :)

sladd79054
06-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Ahhhh maybe you can't with the free version, I have the paid version.

I could never figure out how to reply when using the free version.

roseytoes9
06-07-2012, 03:38 PM
I have the free version and I'm able to reply.. whenyou hit the menu button there's an option to reply..

missdamsel
06-07-2012, 03:41 PM
I also disliked having to find GS everytime. Is there a way to save a favorite? Tapatalk did it automatically for me. lol

roseytoes9
06-07-2012, 04:07 PM
I added it to my favs.. Theres an option to do it when you do a search..

GingerScraps
06-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Ya, I wish I remembered how I set mine up, I have a little logo right on my home screen that is a GS/Taptalk button. One click and I'm right in the GS forums. It is super cool!

Sarah
06-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Ya, I wish I remembered how I set mine up, I have a little logo right on my home screen that is a GS/Taptalk button. One click and I'm right in the GS forums. It is super cool!

That's what I have, as a widget.
With Android (Gingerbread) ... Hoping to.root at some point.

sladd79054
06-07-2012, 07:06 PM
In forum runner I have GS saved as a favorite but the free version you can't save as a favorite

I also disliked having to find GS everytime. Is there a way to save a favorite? Tapatalk did it automatically for me. lol

roseytoes9
06-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Ok with the free version when youre in the main area theres a thing up top that says network and then me.. If you hit me you will come to a screen and at the bottom it will say add account.. When you hit that it comes up with a search bar, type in ginger and gingerscraps will come up and you can save it there, that way you dont have to worry about doing a search each and everytime :)