PDA

View Full Version : Sims? Or other Games?

GingerScraps
06-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Hey girls :)
I know lots of you play games.... I used to love Sims a long time ago, and was thinkin of maybe getting back into it.
Do any of you play Sims?
Are there other games I should check out? Tell me what you like to play??
I will be playing on my Mac computer, I don't have a playststion or xbox at the moment, so ... yep I need games for my Mac :)
I think it would be really fun to play with some of my digi friends too! So if thats possible, tell me how.
Thanks!!

Sarah
06-05-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm a Sims 3 crack addict. Terra, apparently, plays too. Found out over FB.
Best things is that all the cd games work with Macs! Windows and Mac on one disk :D

GingerScraps
06-05-2012, 02:01 AM
So it is just Sims 3? Do I need extras?? Or just Sims 3 is good enough? Then I find you through facebook?
I wonder if I can download it... or if I have to wait for it to come in the mail..... I wanna play it tonight! LOL,

Sarah
06-05-2012, 02:05 AM
I have em all including most of the store, and ordering the Katy Perry stuff pack once I get paid. :D
But you'd be fine, starting out with just the base.
Medieval is fun too but I don't know if it works with Macs.

GingerScraps
06-05-2012, 02:15 AM
So does the The Sims™ 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collector's Edition include the basic Sims 3?
Or do I need to buy Sims 3 and then the Katy Perry collection as well?
I'm confused... I have not played in like 8 years. LOL

Sarah
06-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Unless it specifically says it does, assume it doesn't come with the base. I have the collectors and it didn't.

missdamsel
06-05-2012, 02:30 AM
When do you have time to play??? lol

GingerScraps
06-05-2012, 05:27 AM
When do you have time to play??? lol
LOL.. I don't, I was just thinking the same thing.... lol, spare time.. what is that!!
Well, maybe I will get it sometime soon. I used to love playing games! I haven't in so long though!

Terra
06-05-2012, 06:21 AM
I'm a Sims 3 crack addict. Terra, apparently, plays too. Found out over FB.
Best things is that all the cd games work with Macs! Windows and Mac on one disk :D
Did you just totally bust me out?! No more SimPorting for you! LOLOL... Yes I am a semi-gamer chick. I can't claim to be a hard core gamer.. but I love Sims and I'm totally into Skyrim... I usually play in short bursts in between elements... I can do it mindlessly while my brain is creatively brainstorming.

Terra
06-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Ok I apparently can't type the word hard core. :(

***had to separate the words.

Sarah
06-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Sorry, Terra :D

catgoddess
06-05-2012, 12:47 PM
I used to play The Sims quite a bit, but since EA starting using SecuRom, I stopped buying from them. So, I stopped mid-way through the Sims 2 expansion packs. I tried playing the Sims on Facebook, but it wasn't the same for me. Part of games that make them so appealing to me is that I can play, walk away, and not have everything go to pot while I'm gone. LOL So, now I just play Bingo online and a little on Pogo.

Sarah
06-05-2012, 12:50 PM
They don't use SecurRom anymore. Haven't with 3 at all.

nutsaboutgabe
06-05-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't play any of the SIMS games. I just play words with friends, hanging with friends, dice with buddies and scramble.

prettyingreen
06-05-2012, 01:48 PM
i used to play the sims in highschool... always used the cheat code to get $$$$$$$$ and then i would make a huge house with all the best stuff and get board LOL. I used to play Worlds of Warcraft..... lol no i'm not really that much of a gamer, but in college we didnt have cable and i hadnt discovered digi scrapping yet, so i playd my boyfriend's game, and got totally addicted, and dumped him, and found my DH on that game.... im such a nerd lol.... but since we have been "clean" of WOW for a few years we just play on the xbox... well he does i'd much rather spend my free time with designing and scrapping, or on my DVR :)
but if i did get a game for my computer it would be odd world... loved that game when it was on Playstation 1 way back in the day, they havnt made anything for the xbox360 :(

Sarah
06-05-2012, 01:52 PM
If you like WoW but not the expense, try DnD based games by Blizzard and Wizards of the Coast: Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights. Josh got me hooked on them. We play via LAN

missdamsel
06-05-2012, 01:56 PM
I have trouble finding time to keep up with my WWF, HWF, scramble and Draw Something, just ask Barbara! lol

Sarah
06-05-2012, 01:59 PM
I do those via mobile. Phone is always on me. I am checking it more than the computer.

prettyingreen
06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
If you like WoW but not the expense, try DnD based games by Blizzard and Wizards of the Coast: Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights. Josh got me hooked on them. We play via LAN

lol well i dont want to be addicted to games anymore, i'd have no time to design or scrap, or clean lol DH would get mad lol

kelley
06-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I love the sims and have been pretty obsessed in the past, but I was wasting soo much time on it, I quit and uninstalled them. Chris and I both played it all the time. I'm not sure, but I think about 6 months ago we bought sims 3 and all the expansions and played for a couple months pretty much straight. I got mad though because he'd be simming and I wanted to scrap and go on the forums!!

Sarah
06-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I love the sims and have been pretty obsessed in the past, but I was wasting soo much time on it, I quit and uninstalled them. Chris and I both played it all the time. I'm not sure, but I think about 6 months ago we bought sims 3 and all the expansions and played for a couple months pretty much straight. I got mad though because he'd be simming and I wanted to scrap and go on the forums!!

Two computers in our family for a reason :D

catgoddess
06-05-2012, 02:24 PM
They don't use SecurRom anymore. Haven't with 3 at all.

I looked it up to be sure. The digital download version does have it, but the discs do not. That makes me happy they stopped using it on the discs (I rarely do digital downloads for games), but not enough to get into it again. Good to know, though :) Thanks!

nutsaboutgabe
06-05-2012, 03:13 PM
We're a family of 3 and we have 4 laptops. There's never a reason in our family to not have a computer to use. Gabe and John have their own and I have 2!

Sarah
06-05-2012, 03:24 PM
We're a family of 3 and we have 4 laptops. There's never a reason in our family to not have a computer to use. Gabe and John have their own and I have 2!

We'll soon have two laptops, and maybe a netbook, but no more room for desktops hehe

Ambelleina
06-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Not anything like Sims at all, but I seriously love Gunbound (Google it). It's a free to download, MMO. ADDICTIVE. I started playing when I was 17 and I still play on occasion! It's shooting, but it's adorable.

Also, PORTAL. (I'm a computer gamer!) I love puzzle-type games and Portal is a serious "you've gotta be smart to get through this" kind of game. It's basically puzzle after puzzle, but in a supercool way. Portal 1 is pretty cheap since 2 came out a while back. OMG I LOVE PORTAL. <3

Have you looked at Steam yet? http://store.steampowered.com/ All kinds of computer games there, from girly to war games. Always good deals to be had.

Ladies--I am a geek. :3

prettyingreen
06-05-2012, 06:57 PM
omg portal i so hard! but thats why i like odd world too, its puzzles

BlueHeartScraps
06-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I've played many, many (oh. so. very. many.) hours of Sims in my life. However, after my hard drive crashed earlier this year, I never quite managed to get Sims 3 (and all the yummy extras) added back to the laptop. Probably good, though, since I'd never get anything done, lol.

I've played many an hour of Portal, too (LOVE the GLaDOS voice, hehe).

Lately, though? I've gotten incredibly hooked on Minecraft. My hubby's played it on the PC for a few years, but we grabbed the XBox360 version shortly after it came out...and I like that he and I can play together. And we do...most times until the very wee hours of the morning.

I have to be honest, though...you ladies sure are making me miss my Sim! :/

Sarah
06-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Courtesy of this thread, I played Sims for 3 hours instead of writing, which I should have been doing.
Thanks ;)

prettyingreen
06-05-2012, 08:43 PM
I've played many, many (oh. so. very. many.) hours of Sims in my life. However, after my hard drive crashed earlier this year, I never quite managed to get Sims 3 (and all the yummy extras) added back to the laptop. Probably good, though, since I'd never get anything done, lol.

I've played many an hour of Portal, too (LOVE the GLaDOS voice, hehe).

Lately, though? I've gotten incredibly hooked on Minecraft. My hubby's played it on the PC for a few years, but we grabbed the XBox360 version shortly after it came out...and I like that he and I can play together. And we do...most times until the very wee hours of the morning.

I have to be honest, though...you ladies sure are making me miss my Sim! :/

LOL DH has been playing mindcraft, and keeps asking if i want to play i told him its to pixleated for me.... i have traind my eyes to not like that LOL

BlueHeartScraps
06-05-2012, 08:46 PM
LOL DH has been playing mindcraft, and keeps asking if i want to play i told him its to pixleated for me.... i have traind my eyes to not like that LOL

Hahaha! Maybe that's why I like it so much. It's one time I 'create' something and NOT have to worry about passing a QA report! :D

GingerScraps
06-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Well, I had a day full of no fun, Dr appointment, Insurance, DMV, blah blah blah... So as a treat for myself I stopped at best buy and got Sims3 and the showetime expansion pack. I really wanted the Katy Perry one too... But I couldn't afford to get both. So that will have to wait.
Now let's see how long it takes me to actually have time to play!

I'm already majorly backed up on work, just because I was not on my computer for the day today.... Yikes! Lol. I better go start answering my PMs!!
Lol.

Lisa
06-06-2012, 03:50 AM
(someday someone will create a Mindcraft kit and it will be awesome and everyone will buy it and the designer will make ton$ of $$$)

kelley
06-06-2012, 02:11 PM

Yeah we definitely need more computers!! The kids have a couple, and I have my desktop, but that's it. We are a family of 7 though. I really want a laptop, but it is just going to be a while before I can get one. We'll get the kids one in the fall when school starts too.

Sarah
06-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Laptops are getting cheap. Found a Dell for $500. 17", I5 processor, good size hd and RAM. :D

Colleen
06-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah - we have 4 laptops too. We are a family of 4, but the 2 year old doesn't really use a computer, yet! ;) Actually 2 of the laptops are mine... ;)

I don't game. I would rather scrap! LOL Sometimes I will play some of the Kinect games. Wipe Out is super fun!

missdamsel
06-06-2012, 04:30 PM
We are currently a family of 3 with 3 lappies and 2 desktops in use and 2 lappies and 4 desktops in the office closet. lol Can you tell I am married to an IT guy??? Oh, wait. My extra lappie is in the coat closet in the living room, almost forgot about her!

Jodi
06-06-2012, 05:14 PM
I have been addicted to Sims since John introduced me to it after we got married. I have Sims 3 and an expansion to it (a travel one) and have been waiting the pets expansion. I haven't played in forever though. When I was pregnant with Isaiah, Rebekah always wanted to play whenever I started to play so she took over my game all the time and I just gave up lol. I haven't played since. I really had less time to play after Isaiah was born so never installed it onto my new computer after I got it. Maybe now that I am retired I will have more time for it and can finally get my pets expansion. :)
I have a ton of games on my iPhone but hardly play those anymore either. I think I have like 3-4 sims games on there and don't really like them because they are real time play and if you don't play for a few days you come back to an almost dead sim lol. Wish there was a way to pause.

gwtwred
06-07-2012, 05:22 AM
I haven't played video games in years, but when I did I used to be big into Sid Meier's Civilization. It's SUPER fun, especially if you're a history nerd like me. :)