PDA

View Full Version : Too much drama!

JillW
06-01-2012, 12:05 AM
The past two weeks have been nothing but drama drama drama at work!

I am a supervisor over 48 ADULTS ... but seriously, sometimes I think teenagers would be better to deal with!!

Monday of last week a female reported sexual abuse against one of her male co-workers.
Wednesday of last week a female assocaite called our "Ethics Hotline" and said she was being treated unfairly because she was female.
Today one of the associates got angry with another co-worker and kicked him in the shin- over and over again, with her steel toed shoe!! (Needless to say, this person is no longer employed here).

It is just crazy - normally things go very well - no drama - no fights - nothing ...!

I am ready for the weekend again, just like I was last weekend!! And to think, I still have another 11 years to work before I can retire!!! :(

Twin Mom Scraps
06-01-2012, 12:30 AM
i am sorry jill, but i honestly just LAUGHED OUT LOUD! it is not funny, but to think that someone actually kicked another co-worker in the shin IS kind of funny...LOL what is wrong with these people??? hope tomorrow goes quickly for you :)

Terra
06-01-2012, 01:05 AM
oh my gosh Jill! That's crazy!

BlueHeartScraps
06-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Is there some kind of whacky gas being pushed through the venting system?! Because that sounds like a whole lot of crazy in a very short time! (And I have to agree with Rebecca...I laughed loudly to think of the lady kicking the co-worker in the shin. I know it had to hurt...but how childish can one person be?!)

Hopefully next week will be better!

Luv Ewe Designs
06-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Isn't being a supervisor fun? I am one where I work and some of the things employees do are just childish! I feel for ya girl!

photom
06-01-2012, 04:01 AM
Sorry- I too laughed. What goes on inside some heads???? I'm sorry that you have to deal with all that. Good luck on getting through it!

charmedeebob
06-01-2012, 04:09 AM
I'm sorry Jill, but I laughed too...seriously, kicking someone???? Crazy! I have a job where I deal with the public, so I have a lot of the "crazy" moments too, I feel your pain! But at least no one has ever kicked me! Hope next week is drama free for you!

Tree City
06-01-2012, 04:10 AM
repeatedly in the shin? What, the person getting kicked just stood there? (Sorry, not trying to add to the drama lol, just trying to imagine the scenario, and I would have totally run the other way if someone was kicking me. I'm a wuss!)
Anyway, that's crazy stuff! But working with teens is NOT easier. I know from experience, having managed a retail store. Yikes. People get bigger but they don't grow up. ;)

scrappydoo82
06-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Wow! Sounds like some adults need time outs!! Hopefully your weekend will be drama free :)

nutsaboutgabe
06-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Yikes! What the heck is wrong with people. I don't supervise people, but I provide tech support to 300+ people and I know how ridiculous people can get. For example, last year we had people apparently wiping boogers on the bathroom stall walls. Uh...seriously disgusting. Luckily this was in the men's bathroom and I never had to see it.

Sarah
06-01-2012, 03:18 PM
repeatedly in the shin? What, the person getting kicked just stood there? (Sorry, not trying to add to the drama lol, just trying to imagine the scenario, and I would have totally run the other way if someone was kicking me. I'm a wuss!)
Anyway, that's crazy stuff! But working with teens is NOT easier. I know from experience, having managed a retail store. Yikes. People get bigger but they don't grow up. ;)

I would have at least kicked back, after the first time, but I'm childish, and use the eye for an eye thing with that stuff.

Jazz2000
06-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Is it a full moon?

Tree City
06-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I would have at least kicked back, after the first time, but I'm childish, and use the eye for an eye thing with that stuff.
I'd be afraid, even though I was defending myself, that I'd get arrested. Now, if someone were kicking my child, I'd fight like a UFC champ on meth rotfl, but that's a different story, isn't it?

photom
06-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I probably would have too. I can't see just standing there and taking it.

sparkysgirl
06-03-2012, 01:17 AM
I'd like to think I'd kick back, but I have a tendency to freeze in shock when other people put their "anger management issues" on full display like that! When someone shows a lack of self control I have to wonder just how much they are capable of and personally ... I wouldn't want to find out. Can you imagine what they are like at home if they behave that way in public? I hope you took a nice long bubble bath and chillaxed this weekend!

JillW
06-03-2012, 04:19 AM
I'd like to think I'd kick back, but I have a tendency to freeze in shock when other people put their "anger management issues" on full display like that! When someone shows a lack of self control I have to wonder just how much they are capable of and personally ... I wouldn't want to find out. Can you imagine what they are like at home if they behave that way in public? I hope you took a nice long bubble bath and chillaxed this weekend!

Lisa, I have often wondered what this person must be like at home ... even before this episode I felt like she was a loose cannon ...

I'm glad the other person didn't fight back for 2 reasons ... way more drama ... and we would have had to walk two people out that night - one was bad enough! :(

I have a 3 day week this coming week :36_1_33: and a four day week the next week - :36_1_33::36_1_33: - I desperately need time away from there I think! hehe

zeee
06-03-2012, 04:49 AM
I'm sorry, Jill! I know being a supervisor is tough... *sigh... I'm so glad that I only have one other associate in my department... :/