PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Remodel - words you never wanna hear. lol

GingerScraps
05-23-2012, 08:22 PM
I posted this in the designer forum on Monday. but figured I would share it with you all here too :)

So you probably all know I live in my parents house. They went traveling for a year and while they were gone we moved in, and have been renting their house for over a year. Well... They came home about a month ago, but didn't want us to leave because they want to travel again and they like us taking care of the house and making the payments too :)

So they have been here, in their rv, in the front of the house. Well my dad is retired and he can't stand it if he is not busy.... So he decided he wants to do some remodeling. He wants to totally remodel the master bed and bath. Which is my room of course. Lol.

So he told me that I have until mid June to get everything out of the master bedroom and bath. Ugh ... And that means I have to share a room with one of my kids too... Ugh.

Then this morning I left to drop my son off at 6th grade camp and came home to find he decided to start TODAY!! Tearing down walls and Omg it is a WRECK!! So I'm now scrambling to get all my stuff out of my room and move it into another room, while I figure out where I'm gonna move into.

I'm ready to go crazy! You should see the house! It looks like a bomb went off! Sigh....
I almost want to just find a rental and move. Lol.

Hopefully I have a bed to sleep in tonight. Lol..... Oh what a fun few months this is going to be. Eeekkkkk.

And here is a quick photo I snapped-

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/gingerlooper/personal/IMAG0342.jpg

Ambelleina
05-23-2012, 08:33 PM
AHH! Bye bye bedroom wall!

trina513
05-23-2012, 08:48 PM
OH NO!!! thanks for the warning right?!? :S Eek! You can move in w/ me for a while ;)

nutsaboutgabe
05-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Yikes! So much for advance notice. I grew up in a house that was being remodeled ALL.THE.TIME!!!!! I learned to deal with it, but it's just not fun.

GingerScraps
05-23-2012, 09:10 PM
LOL... and the ONE thing I was freaking out about... of course.. my computer! LOL
I instantly hide it away from the dust. Now I'm in my "room" for the time being, and my darling iMac is safe and sound, now I just need to keep the fan on, blowing dust away, and the door closed! Haha.

nutsaboutgabe
05-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Absolutely! You've got to protect the iMac!!

LOL... and the ONE thing I was freaking out about... of course.. my computer! LOL
I instantly hide it away from the dust. Now I'm in my "room" for the time being, and my darling iMac is safe and sound, now I just need to keep the fan on, blowing dust away, and the door closed! Haha.

Sarah
05-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Absolutely! You've got to protect the iMac!!

Considering it's only a few weeks old hehe

MamaCake
05-23-2012, 10:01 PM
haha, I'm sorry your post just made me laugh a little :) I could see what was coming!

kl.winters
05-23-2012, 10:04 PM
I love a good remodeling project especially when I get to swing a hammer and take some walls done. So much fun!

catgoddess
05-23-2012, 11:46 PM
lol surprise! On the bright side, you'll have a gorgeous new suite when he's done!

photom
05-24-2012, 12:34 AM
How funny! So sorry that you had NO time to get ready. What an awesome picture, though!

Twin Mom Scraps
05-24-2012, 02:32 AM
ummm....a free remodel??? i'll take one over here please??? LOLOLOL!!!!!

Colleen
05-24-2012, 03:25 AM
How annoying and exciting! Yes, protect that mac!!! :)

Tree City
05-24-2012, 03:26 AM
whoa, your dad doesn't waste time, huh?! Hopefully he gets everything finished up quickly and hopefully he doesn't decide to remodel the kitchen or something!!!

GingerScraps
05-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Well.. I distinctly hear the words "phase 3" come put of his mouth yesterday... so now I have no idea!! LOL
But at least I'm in my temporary room, and have my computer set up. Still lots to do! And I go pick up my son from camp tomorrow.... so I wanna make sure his and my stuff is all organized and put away, and hopefully doesn't get too upset he has to share with his dear old mommy for a bit. lol

nutsaboutgabe
05-24-2012, 07:20 PM
I bet Chan is still ok with mom being in his space. Maybe not for long though, so your dad better keep working to get it done.

Well.. I distinctly hear the words "phase 3" come put of his mouth yesterday... so now I have no idea!! LOL
But at least I'm in my temporary room, and have my computer set up. Still lots to do! And I go pick up my son from camp tomorrow.... so I wanna make sure his and my stuff is all organized and put away, and hopefully doesn't get too upset he has to share with his dear old mommy for a bit. lol

GingerScraps
05-24-2012, 07:32 PM
I think so too Barb :) He might even be excited.... I'm SURE he misses me since he has been at camp for a few days now ... right?? lol

nutsaboutgabe
05-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I bet he missed you while at camp. Does he know you've moved in yet? You'll have to snap a picture of his reaction. Hopefully it's a good one.

I think so too Barb :) He might even be excited.... I'm SURE he misses me since he has been at camp for a few days now ... right?? lol

GingerScraps
05-24-2012, 07:37 PM
LOL... no he has no idea, I did talk to him about the possibility of this happening in the next few weeks... but he will be surprised to see it already underway!

kelley
05-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Oh my gosh that is funny! well, not really, but kinda....

maaike
05-31-2012, 12:49 PM
So, how are things looking now???

GingerScraps
05-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Still a crazy mess! Drywall dust everywhere, have to were shoes to go the the bathroom so I don't step on a nail. Lol.

I will take some more pics soon.

One kinda good thing out of this...
I had a TON of stuff in boxes all out in the garage and shop, all my personal belongings from the last 20 years of my life.

Well my parents got a huge construction dumpster, rented it for 2 weeks. It holds like 4 regular dumpsters worth of garbage. So this was the perfect time to go through all my boxes and throw stuff away.

It was really sad, because there were all my wedding memories and boxes of love letters all the way from when I was 14 with my ex husband. Just box after box of memories. :( but we are sorting through, and have almost made our way through everything. I held on to a lot because I secretly hoped we would get back together.... But it has been, wow, almost 5 years I think. And he is engaged... So it is about time I throw all that stuff away.

I thought maybe it would feel good to get rid of it all, but it didn't, it just made me sad. I am thankful it is almost done though.

photom
05-31-2012, 09:24 PM
:bighug: I hope you kept at least some for your kids to be able to treasure in the future.

trina513
06-01-2012, 06:52 PM
**HUGS** Ginger - that has got to be tough!!