PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Which Flower This Is?

catgoddess
05-22-2012, 11:19 PM
These are planted at the gate entrance to our house. The lady who plants them is out of town, so hopefully someone can help me identify the plant/flower.

This is it close-up.
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv67/jennck/EditedPhotos/DSC06606.png

And the bunch of them.
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv67/jennck/EditedPhotos/DSC06604.png

Thanks! :) We love them and would like to know what they are.

Psychozoe
05-22-2012, 11:30 PM
those are peonys! I love them too so pretty!

kl.winters
05-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Yup, the lovely peony. I have some this same color except mine are solid and don't have the light colored centers. I like these better. Unfortunately, ants seem to love them as well because if you try to pick some to put in a vase, you'll inevitable end up with ants in the house.

Ambelleina
05-23-2012, 12:10 AM
flower.

:3

JillW
05-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Yup, the lovely peony. I have some this same color except mine are solid and don't have the light colored centers. I like these better. Unfortunately, ants seem to love them as well because if you try to pick some to put in a vase, you'll inevitable end up with ants in the house.

Exactly what I was going to say about the ants Kathy ... thus the reason my hubby doesn't want me to have those bushes ...! :-)

photom
05-23-2012, 12:48 AM
My MIL has these, but I've never seen them look so pretty. Ours too is that shade of pink without the pretty white center. Unfortunately I think deer like these, because I don't think I've ever seen these in full bloom!

nutsaboutgabe
05-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Good tip!!

Colleen
05-23-2012, 01:11 AM
I was going to say peony too! :)

catgoddess
05-23-2012, 02:05 AM
Oh thank you! I thought they looked like peonies, but I, too, have never seen them with white in the center. So, I didn't know. I don't keep plants in the house, but I definitely wont after hearing about the ants! yucko! I can't stand ants. lol

Thanks, girls! I knew you would solve my mystery. :)