PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day

Sarah
05-13-2012, 03:49 PM
:yell

I want to wish a happy Motherís Day to all of the mothers out there. We donít care if youíre the mother of a puppy or a child. Weíre all mothers!

:kisses

How are you spending your Mother's Day?

Terra
05-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Happy Mother's Day Ladies! I'm off to pick up flowers for my grandmother! <3

Tree City
05-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Happy Mother's Day, everyone! :)

We're going to get "dressed up" (meaning; I might actually put on mascara and non-stretch pants lol) and take pics. Yea for tripods and the camera self-timer! lol

And all I asked for today was an hour completely by myself. DH is going to take the 2 kids and I'm going to lock myself in our room and sit in front of the desktop computer and scrap while watching Mad Men. YEA! Forget diamond earrings: right now, with a 3mo and a 4.5yo, time to myself is pricelessssss!

Sarah
05-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Quiet time, especially at those ages, would definitely be nice.
My husband got me PURPLE daisies and carnations! My favorite flowers in my favorite color! :D

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7220/7185910536_141ab47e80.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahcb21/7185910536/)
I'm a little spoiled because he also bought me 4 margarita glasses (2 freezer style, 2 fun summer style), plus marg mix & extra tequila hehe

missdamsel
05-13-2012, 04:34 PM
I made a homemade breakfast for my family, even biscuits and gray and tonight I am taking my dd to dinner and the Starkids concert tonight! Yay for me!! lol

She also told me this morning, "Happy Mother's Day mom, I love you even though you didn't send me to Hogwarts!" lol

Sarah
05-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Missi, Rachel is just awesome!!!

charmedeebob
05-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Happy Mothers Day! We are out for breakfast but then I have to work :( its in though we had a great day yesterday!

nutsaboutgabe
05-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Hmm...today we will probably go play mini-golf. Eat at Cosi and have s'mores for dessert. Then probably get groceries. :)

Yesterday we went to the circus. When I bought those tickets I didn't even realize it was the same weekend as Mother's day, but it worked out well since were taking MIL and it made it seem special to her. hehe

StarWarsFans
05-14-2012, 12:29 AM
DH gave me a weekend to myself. Unfortunately, I got sick, so it was partially wasted. :( But it's the thought that counts!

Ambelleina
05-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Omg fry daddy?!?!? Jealous!!!

Sarah
05-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Omg fry daddy?!?!? Jealous!!!
It's a small one. 4 cups of oil for 4 cups of food :D
BUT!! It's also the one where I don't have to change out the oil all the time!!
So, I have to buy oil *and* food to fry :D

trina513
05-14-2012, 02:59 PM
I had the weekend away from the puppy & kids - my mom wished for the kids to herself and dad last mother's day - her wish is my command ;) So we went camping & geocaching for my birthday and mother's day. Weather was gorgeous!!

missdamsel
05-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Can I whine a little?? I know we are not mother's for the gifts and the thanks, but no gifts at all and only 3 of 5 kids even contacted me??? The two that did not?? Have ids of their own so it's not like they forgot!! sigh

ok, I am done! I got up before anyone else, finished cleanng the ktchen and ran the dishwasher, cooked breakfast and ran the dishwasher again. I did have a nap to ease my headache before going to early dinner and taing Rachel to the Starkid concert. What a day!!

And I am fightimg the urge to Thank my kids on facebook for making my day special and tagging all 5! lol

Sarah
05-14-2012, 04:08 PM
I didn't contact my mom. I had no cell signal though :(

I at least got her on FB.

Missi, Happy Belated Mother's Day <3

missdamsel
05-14-2012, 04:13 PM
My mom didn't answer any of her phones, but I know she saw my message on FB as she responded. ;)

I also contacted via FB my mom, sisters, daughters, neices and even my daughter-in-laws mom!! lol

I didn't contact my mom. I had no cell signal though :(

I at least got her on FB.

Missi, Happy Belated Mother's Day <3

Sarah
05-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Mom liked my update, so she got it. :D

nutsaboutgabe
05-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Missi - you are right, it's not about gifts and I think it was downright wrong of your children, especially the ones who have kids of their own to not acknowledge Mother's Day with a simple Happy Mother's Day. I'd tag them on FB.

I give to my mom all year long and I didn't give her anything but a card and I called her. 3 of my 4 siblings acknowledged the day as well. The 4th one...the one that currently LIVES with my parents didn't even bother to acknowledge the day to my mom, but you bet he didn't forget his FUTURE MIL...right?

missdamsel
05-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Oh, to add insult to injury, my daughter and daughter-in-law, both acknowledged my mother's day wishes to them, but not a word in return! BUT a few of their friends who consider me "added mom" let me know they were thinking about me!!

I hate to sound whiney, but really just one day!!!

missdamsel
05-14-2012, 05:57 PM
I understand the giving all year Barbara, that is why I am not upset that hubby didn't get me anything. I mean really? I have the most updated PSE and CS, lightroom, embroidery machine and new laptop (all in the last 6 months!!) And plenty more!!

But that is really tacky of your brother to live with mom and not acknowledge her!!

Sarah
05-14-2012, 06:00 PM
I understand the giving all year Barbara, that is why I am not upset that hubby didn't get me anything. I mean really? I have the most updated PSE and CS, lightroom, embroidery machine and new laptop (all in the last 6 months!!) And plenty more!!

But that is really tacky of your brother to live with mom and not acknowledge her!!

Same here! Plus, after car tags are paid for the year, we're looking at a laptop (hey, I need one for work :P ... processor is dying) but DAMN!
I didn't get any acknowledgement from anyone either. My sister? Bitched because no one would take her son so she could go drinking :O Which she does every weekend. Mom said "Eff you. Watch your kid. Consider it a Mother's Day gift to me.

Missi, I'm sorry you have some ungrateful kids! You are an amazing mom. Rachel is clear proof of that!
<3

nutsaboutgabe
05-14-2012, 06:02 PM
yeah . he's been quite a trip recently. the wedding later this month should be fun! lol

whats up with you dd and dil? seriously selfish!!

missdamsel
05-14-2012, 06:54 PM
I guess, I have no clue.

photom
05-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Coming in late, but Happy Mother's Day to all! Hate to say this, but that "dumb daughter" who always forgets to call----> is TOTALLY me! I think this was the first time I called my Mom on Mother's Day in like 4-5 YEARS! Yeah, totally ungrateful me.....who owes EVERYTHING that I have and am to my Mother and MIL!
However, I did most of my food prep on Saturday night. I took a turkey out of the freezer last Monday, totally not realizing that it was Mother's Day the next weekend! So I did all the cleaning out of the turkey, cutting up the veggies that cook with it, and all I had to do on Sunday morning was basically just put it in the oven! The rest of the day I was kicked out of everything- no dishes, no extra cooking. I took a nap and called my mom. Got about 35 minutes in before the phone died, but it was just enough!

My kids had been working ALL week on piano pieces and stuff to serenade me. As I was sitting on the couch, I realized how AWESOME my kids are to even think of me and all that! I don't think I ever even gave my Mom a hug or card or ANYTHING as a kid. Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with me! Maybe it's just my generation???? Instant Gratification thoughts only....no thank you cards or thinking of you cards.