PDA

View Full Version : I need a break from real life! Prayers please!!

trina513
05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Can't I ever get a break - I feel like its been one thing on top of another since November! UGH! I was looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend scrapping and at home.

My aunt just texted me - my mom was supposed to go to CO today to help my sister with last minute wedding details. Well instead of the airport - she had my aunt drive her to the ER. Her heart was racing so they did an EKG and it was determined to be caused from extreme pain. 2 doses of pain meds and she is still in extreme pain. They have also now given her meds to help releive the pressure in her chest. They are thinking blocked pancreas.

So now I want to head taht way intead of a relaxing weekend at home!! Please pray its a quick fix (altho I have a feeling its not) and she can still fly out to CO to spend time with my sister (who texted me and said "what the heck did you do to mom!")

MamaCake
05-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Trina :( My heart is sad for you, it has been one post after another of bad news for you :( Praying....<3

StarWarsFans
05-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Oh my goodness Trina! Your family really has had one thing after another lately. I'm so sorry! I will be praying!

maaike
05-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Ohh I am so sorry! I am crossing my fingers big time your mom will be ok real quick and you can go back home and unwind! ***

Colleen
05-04-2012, 09:51 PM
:( :( :(

nutsaboutgabe
05-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Oh no! More bad news! Hope your mom is ok. Take it easy yourself Trina - you're growing a person so don't stress out.

dodgeladee
05-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Oh Trina! Prayers for you and your family!

chigirl
05-05-2012, 02:58 AM
sending prayers to your mom and to you.

GingerScraps
05-05-2012, 03:13 AM
Oh trina, you and your family will be in my prayers for sure!!
Hugs <3

Tree City
05-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Please pray its a quick fix (altho I have a feeling its not) and she can still fly out to CO to spend time with my sister (who texted me and said "what the heck did you do to mom!")

WAIT: does she really think you did this? (Good grief, right now I'm so glad I have a brother. An easy-going, doesn't-like-drama brother.) Didn't you just want to send her a snappy text back, like "Umm, me?! She was on the way to see YOU!" :whack:
But more importantly, I'm sending you mega hugs, and I'm praying that whatever is wrong with your mom is quickly and easily resolved--and that her pain subsides!
And I hope you're feeling better. {{{{{{***MEGA HUGGGSSSSSSS***}}}}}

jenevang
05-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Sending hugs and prayers your way, Trina... so sorry!

scrappydoo82
05-05-2012, 02:09 PM
I hope she is feeling better soon Trina!

trina513
05-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks girls!!

She came home late last night, drugged, dazed and confused, but home. They're saying blocked pancreas & flair up of diverticulitis. She's really not sure what she's supposed to do about either - and miffed they just let her walk out even tho she couldnt keep her eyes open - let alone focused! I havent heard anything in almost 12 hours - but I dont want to keep calling and wake her up! I'm hoping she had a restful night!!

GingerScraps
05-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I hate it when they send you home too early!

I remember them doing that to me once and it was stressful for my whole family!! I honestly was too out of it to remember. But they still talk about it.

Hugs trina, <3 its so hard to feel powerless. I would be ringing my hands if I were you.

prettyingreen
05-05-2012, 03:51 PM
oh my goodness trina i'll keep you and your mom in my thoughts

photom
05-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Oh, wow. Your family has had way too much of this, I agree! Hope that they get it fixed quickly.

kimmyscraps
05-08-2012, 05:31 AM
Praying for you and your family Trina!

msbrad
05-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Hoping all settles for you soon, and your Mom feels better. Prayers indeed.
As for the diviticulitis...very careful soft diet. Stay away from nuts or anything with seeds. A flair up of it, isn't any fun.
m

nutsaboutgabe
05-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Hope your mom is doing ok Trina. My mom has diverticulitis as well.

Your mom needs to up the fiber in her diet and avoid certain foods including strawberries, cucumbers, corn (including pop corn), and beans and processed carbs like white bread and pretzels. Coffee is also a trigger for my mom, but she is ok with tea even though that is something she is supposed to avoid. My mom also has to limit how much lettuce she has and if she does eat it, it's only for lunch.

sladd79054
05-09-2012, 01:57 AM
I have diverticulitus and the one episode I had was so painful and uncomfortable. I was in the emergency room on morphine and I had to up my fiber and go on a liquid diet for a few days. Benefiber was my best friend. I hope your mom feels better soon.

trina513
05-09-2012, 02:25 AM
She's on the up and up now - which is good - she's due to watch the kids for me this weekend - hubby & I are going camping & geocaching for my birthday! :D (and it was her wish for mother's day that she got to watch the kids alone (well w/ my dad - just w/o us parents - her wish is my command ;) teehee)

I know she had been diong a lot of fiber and adding to all sorts of things, so not sure if she stopped or what caused it. I hope it doesnt happen to you again lisa! No fun!! :( :(

Is this hereditary? Seems like it could be - as I am pretty sure my Grandpa has it as well...

AmyP
05-09-2012, 04:05 PM
I just read through this Trina. I'm glad she is doing better!