PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else?

photom
05-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Getting the "thinking" icon on the top of your Gingerscraps forums? They just keep doing the thinking thing, and it is freaking me out? Like is Ginger finding access to my computer or something??? Anyone else having this?

missdamsel
05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I am not sure what you are talking about, a screen shot maybe? It all seems well with me.

nutsaboutgabe
05-02-2012, 05:42 PM
I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary here.

sladd79054
05-02-2012, 05:51 PM
It seems fine to me also

scrapolina
05-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Mine is fine...i dont see anything happening

Sarah
05-02-2012, 06:15 PM
A screenshot would be a good idea because I have no idea what you're talking about either.

trina513
05-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Sorry - not sure what you mean - but I havent noticed anyting different!!

Psychozoe
05-02-2012, 10:31 PM
?????

webdesignmom
05-03-2012, 03:56 PM
I know what she means...I have seen the little tiny red question mark when I log on with my ipad but with my ipad only...and when that happens I can't get to the forums or gallery with my ipad...so I don't bother trying to get here with my ipad anymore.

photom
05-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Sorry.

Sarah
05-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Oh that! That just means something is still loading.
It can be *anything*, including the images at the bottom of every forum ;)

missdamsel
05-03-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't normally open multiple tabs of GS (or any site really) unless it is forum, gallery and store! lol

I did open lots to chekc this out and mine was fine. Is your internet slower than normal?? Is it still happening?

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/missdamsel/Capture.png

Sarah
05-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I was seeing the "loading" on a few. Like right now, it's on my blog (uploading new images *wheee*)

I had a few times today on GS, because of the store [hey, don't forget the 70% off sale, BTW]

photom
05-03-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't normally open multiple tabs of GS (or any site really) unless it is forum, gallery and store! lol

I did open lots to chekc this out and mine was fine. Is your internet slower than normal?? Is it still happening?

Nothing has changed here, except that. I have had it doing that for about a 1/2 hour now, maybe even more. It has never done it before, though, so that's what's bugging me! This is the ONLY site that is doing it.
And yes- I ALWAYS have at least 4 or 5 GS tabs open- so that's not abnormal either!

photom
05-03-2012, 04:28 PM
I was seeing the "loading" on a few. Like right now, it's on my blog (uploading new images *wheee*)

I had a few times today on GS, because of the store [hey, don't forget the 70% off sale, BTW]
How can I forget? I have my wallet right next to me!

Sarah
05-03-2012, 04:30 PM
I'd say the issue might be the ranking buttons at the bottom. They're the only commonality through-out ever forum page/post/etc minus the header.

photom
05-03-2012, 04:48 PM
OK- so is it supposed to be EVERYTHING except the buffet on sale for the 70% off? Also, does it come up as a discount, or should it just show up in cart?

Sarah
05-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Some restrictions apply.
Buffet & Bake sale not included. :D

Sarah
05-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Some restrictions apply.
Buffet & Bake sale not included. :D

SHOULD show up, at the least, in the cart. I'm not 100% sure because I don't do that part, hehe

missdamsel
05-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Sara,

At least one designer chose not to fully participate. Looks like the sale prices are showing on the store page as you browse! And man!! look at those great deals!!!

Sarah
05-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Sara,

At least one designer chose not to fully participate. Looks like the sale prices are showing on the store page as you browse! And man!! look at those great deals!!!

Thanks, Missi :D
I've been avoiding the store :P

photom
05-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Sara,

OK- that's where I'm having the problem! I think I know which designer now! Shoot! I had a WHOLE wish list to fill.... not so sure that I'll jump on it now.....although my pocketbook will thank her!

photom
05-03-2012, 05:17 PM
OK- another question about the sale...... I see when I go to the Persnickety part that it shows that an 8x8 would be $0.27 ea. I'm thinking that's wrong???? They are only advertising 25% off..... if I did use the GS code, would they really be 70% off????

missdamsel
05-03-2012, 05:17 PM
She does have all her stuff 50% off. At least all that I looked at, but didn't look at everything!!

missdamsel
05-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Sara,

I am gettng clarification on that. I think that is wrong.

Sarah
05-03-2012, 05:24 PM
PP is not included in the sale. They're *technically* a different store. We just have exclusive something or other with them :D

missdamsel
05-03-2012, 05:25 PM
I can't reach Ginger, should we change that??

missdamsel
05-03-2012, 05:25 PM
nevermind!! She changed it!!

photom
05-03-2012, 06:33 PM
She does have all her stuff 50% off. At least all that I looked at, but didn't look at everything!!
Yeah, I think that's right. I was just hoping to get a huge hunk of wish list gone, instead I'll be keeping it to a minimum. Money is tight right now, but digging to find $$ is easier to do when it's an extra 20% off! lol

photom
05-03-2012, 06:33 PM
PP is not included in the sale. They're *technically* a different store. We just have exclusive something or other with them :D
That's what I thought, I just thought that I needed to clarify it. Glad it got fixed.

Ambelleina
05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
OHHH. it's just taking its time loading. i think it might be because the site is bogged down with the sale today?? i've been getting that on and off all day here.

photom
05-03-2012, 07:06 PM
OHHH. it's just taking its time loading. i think it might be because the site is bogged down with the sale today?? i've been getting that on and off all day here.
It hasn't been just today is the thing.... maybe next week it will be ok??? I HATE to see it when all the activities are going on!

GingerScraps
05-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Everything is fine with the site. No issues. I contacted my host and they did a check, everything is running properly. Our server is built to handle any load of traffic, but when we have 100's of ladies all downloading at once it will lag a bit. We have very very large orders going through right now, as I'm sure you can imagine :)
So a bit of lag will happen, even on the biggest sites on the web.... when you have a ton of traffic all at once, a bit of lag will surly happen.

Ambelleina
05-03-2012, 07:57 PM
It hasn't been just today is the thing.... maybe next week it will be ok??? I HATE to see it when all the activities are going on!

then maybe ginger IS cyber stalking you! :36_1_7:

GingerScraps
05-03-2012, 08:06 PM
then maybe ginger IS cyber stalking you! :36_1_7:

haha, I think it may be GingerBread Man..... maybe he has a crush on Sara? But hey.. he does give out lots of goodies, so thats not such a bad thing! lol

photom
05-05-2012, 03:44 AM
haha, I think it may be GingerBread Man..... maybe he has a crush on Sara? But hey.. he does give out lots of goodies, so thats not such a bad thing! lol
It's working now, so the Gingerbread Man must have found a different love... too bad, cuz I think he's pretty cute! Thanks for checking for me Ginger. Sorry to cause you hassle on your end. It was just really weird, nothing changed on my end either. Glad it's fixed now, whatever it was!

Sniksnak
05-07-2012, 09:31 AM
I godt the "thinking" circle a lot during thursday and product previews had a hard time showing (or at least showing fast enough for impatient little me - lol). And later that day I had trouble getting the store to load in general. But right now and yesterday I had no trouble though :) I guess it was just a lot of traffic.

missdamsel
05-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I am not surprised since there were a lot of admin and designers in the store Wednesday and Thursday getting evceerything reaady for the weekend. And don't forget that Thursday was the 70% off and probably the busiest store day!!

I godt the "thinking" circle a lot during thursday and product previews had a hard time showing (or at least showing fast enough for impatient little me - lol). And later that day I had trouble getting the store to load in general. But right now and yesterday I had no trouble though :) I guess it was just a lot of traffic.

photom
05-07-2012, 03:17 PM
I am not surprised since there were a lot of admin and designers in the store Wednesday and Thursday getting evceerything reaady for the weekend. And don't forget that Thursday was the 70% off and probably the busiest store day!!
Yeah, but it started on Tuesday for me..... so I don't know about how much stuff you guys were doing then???? No big deal, though. Glad it's all over now!

Sarah
05-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah, but it started on Tuesday for me..... so I don't know about how much stuff you guys were doing then???? No big deal, though. Glad it's all over now!

Tuesday was the 1st. That's when a new Buffet is released, plus the changeover for the daily downloads, free with purchase, etc.
The 1st, Fridays, and big weekends like NSD can cause a bit of a slow-down :D

photom
05-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Tuesday was the 1st. That's when a new Buffet is released, plus the changeover for the daily downloads, free with purchase, etc.
The 1st, Fridays, and big weekends like NSD can cause a bit of a slow-down :D
Yeah, ok. So just remind me NOT to come those days! hehe