PDA

View Full Version : Idea?

JillW
04-20-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm late in getting this posted, but ... tomrrow AM I have an appointment to get a tattoo on the top of my foot (going with my childhood BFF ...) I'm torn at what to get.

I do not want anything big (I have a butterly on my right anke, a flower on my left ankle and a heart and swirly on my left wrist - none of them are too big... the one on my wrist is larger than I'd hoped ... but i'm off the subject ... sorry!).

I've thought about 3 small (colorful) stars ... thought about the word "believe" in cursive ... though about a sun/moon thing ... but I would love something "unique" but can't think of anything ...

I'm open for suggestions ... please!?

MamaCake
04-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Hmm....looks like no one knows what to tell you!! Is there a word or symbol that has special meaning to you??

JillW
04-21-2012, 01:47 AM
LOL - not a popular subject, huh? :blush
I have been looking at crosses though ... that's a symbol I would be proud to wear ... I just started looking at them on the internet ... I was thinking (hoping) someone would have some really unique ideas ... lol

missdamsel
04-21-2012, 01:50 AM
My next tat will be a diabetes awareness ribbon on my ankle. And of I am still alive when they find a cure, I will get the universal no symbol tatted over it. Without knowing you a little better it is really hard to suggest something.

Ambelleina
04-21-2012, 01:58 AM
I'd go for a word that means something to you. I'm a big believer that all tattoos should hold meaning or importance of some sort to the person getting it.

For my next tattoo, I am going to get the phrase "This too shall pass," but in Hebrew because I took Hebrew in college, am enamored with Judiasm and have struggled a lot in life, so it's a good phrase to keep in mind when the going gets tough. I want that one on the right side of my chest, below my collarbone.

I am also planning on getting "Living is easy with eyes closed" tattooed up my spine (ouch). 1) I have loved The Beatles since I was 12. 2) I want to work for a non-profit since it's so easy for people to look away from all the injustice and suffering in the world.

Is there a word or short phrase that holds some meaning in your life??

nutsaboutgabe
04-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm just seeing this thread now. I hope you have made a decision that suits you. I have a tattoo on my back. Honestly, I usually just forget it's there...haha. It was a college thing and it holds no meaning really. I don't dislike it, but if I could have done it again I would have done something different or not at all.

prettyingreen
04-21-2012, 01:51 PM
sorry im just seeing this now too, i hope you found something you really like my one and only tattoo i got when i was 16 lol and its a heart with flourish type wings on my hip, i really wanted something different but the artist said it was to small it would end up looking like a blob later, so it doesnt look like what its supose to mean, Love hurts... i was 16 and was dumped one time, one time LOL, i was going to get a charm braclet tattooed on me with charms that mean things to me after gage was born but never did, too much money.

Colleen
04-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah - I got a tattoo when I was 18. It's a shamrock on my lower stomach by my hip. I usually forget I have it too. LOL

My husband has a few and wants more. He even tattooed my name on his chest. I told him he was insane and that meant our marriage was destined to fail. ;) Well, he got it back in 2004 (or so), and we are still married... ;)

conniep
04-21-2012, 03:09 PM
I love the word idea, too :) I love these and plan to get them on my foot at some point this summer! Three to represent my mom, brother, and my mentor..all of who have gone to heaven :)

http://media-cache7.pinterest.com/upload/66428163223224328_2PWchkXc_f.jpg

Twin Mom Scraps
04-21-2012, 05:11 PM
i went to get a tattoo for my birthday last week. i wanted to get my girls names and birthday on my wrist. the tattoo artist actually talked me out of it because it was too much for such a small area. soooo....i have been doing some research and this is something like what i am thinking about...although with ladybugs instead and we are going to work the girls names into it somehow.
since lady bugs are good luck, matching ones for you and your BFF would be totally cute.
here is the ladybug tat i got last year for my day and the second pic is what i WANT to get next :)
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x20/twins225/GingerScraps/photo.jpg
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x20/twins225/GingerScraps/8781.jpg

JillW
04-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Thank you for all of the ideas and pictures!! :)

We had a 10:30 appointment this AM but the guy didn't show up ... :( ... so we took that as a sign we weren't supposed to get it done there.
Now we have an appointment for 3PM today at a totally different place ...

And - I have decided to go with a word that I can connect with .... blessed .... I do feel so very blessed in so many areas of my life ... and I will get something else around it ... flowers, hearts, vines, stars, maybe even a lady bug ... it is super cute! :)

I will see what the artist can come up with ... Photos to follow.

Thanks again for the ideas ... threads like this are just another reason GS rocks. :kisses

Juliemomof4
04-21-2012, 07:08 PM
I am just seeing this now, I love tattoos...although I don't have a single one! LOL. I am the only person on my Dads side of the family who does not have a tattoo. I look at the on Pinterest all the time! LOL. I want to get one to cover the scar on my foot from a surgery I had when I was 15. Who knows if I ever will! I can't wait to see what you get!

JillW
04-22-2012, 01:32 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535854_2942219835617_1264855801_32124927_358908986 _n.jpg
Here is it!
The Ruby colored flower is my birthstone color (and my DIL's), the Topaz is my hubby's and the Aquamarine is our son's.
My ankle swelled up and is black and blue now ... but I do love the tattoo!!

Twin Mom Scraps
04-22-2012, 01:34 AM
OMG!!!!! i absolutely LOVE this!!!! love the birthstone flowers (colors). now i am seriously itching to go back to the tattoo shop next week...LOL!
i will let you know :)

JillW
04-22-2012, 01:44 AM
OMG!!!!! i absolutely LOVE this!!!! love the birthstone flowers (colors). now i am seriously itching to go back to the tattoo shop next week...LOL!
i will let you know :)

Yea! I hope you go!!! Can't wait to hear if you do ---- and see photos if you go! :-)

Ambelleina
04-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Love hurts... i was 16 and was dumped.

LOL. that's so funny. not funny because you were sad, but funny because my boyfriend's girlfriend back when he was 16-18/19, when she broke up with him, he went out and got a giant

</3

tattooed on his arm! right above that, he got "love hurts" in chinese.

i always make fun of him for it and say like, you let some wench from when you were a teenager literally scar you for life. SILLY!

at least yours is symbolic! :)

Ambelleina
04-22-2012, 02:03 AM
jill, that is AWESOME! so glad you went with a word! :) and i really love the idea of birthstone colors versus names. i might do that some day--how unique! :)

JillW
04-22-2012, 02:44 AM
I love the word idea, too :) I love these and plan to get them on my foot at some point this summer! Three to represent my mom, brother, and my mentor..all of who have gone to heaven :)

http://media-cache7.pinterest.com/upload/66428163223224328_2PWchkXc_f.jpg

Connie, somehow I missed this - I love the birds and what a wonderful idea to represent those 3 important people!! Love it!!

Ambelleina
04-22-2012, 02:48 AM
omg, LOVE THE BIRDS.

my grandfather passed in 2010 and my boyfriend's grandmother passed in 2011.

i have a shelf in our living room with pictures of them in mirrored frames with birds flying and a glass bottle with a porcelain stopper in the shape of a bird. reminds us that they left this life and flew up to heaven, free like a bird, free of pain.

i think you just gave me an idea of a tattoo to dedicate to my grandfather. :)

prettyingreen
04-22-2012, 03:02 AM
@Jill Love the tattoo! great idea! so glad your happy with it!

@ christina... LOL :)

Terra
04-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Love it! Tattoos are sooo personal so it's really hard to make suggestions for others... I have a spider on my arm... Spiders are a symbol of prosperity and a reminder of spiritual interconnection... It reminds me that my actions affect the world around me.

carolat
04-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow - now I want one - love the birthstone idea, Jill!

Tree City
04-25-2012, 04:38 AM
EEK, I missed this thread, which is weird cuz I stalk this place lol. Anyway, Jill, it turned out lovely! Hopefully no pain and no more black-and-blue. :)

BethLang
04-26-2012, 02:09 AM
So cool!! I always wondered if I ever got one what I would get. All these ideas are so personal, and so wonderful. I may be 42, but the thought has crossed my mind a few times. I have my nose pierced, well, I need it redone - it came out several months ago and I let it heal - I miss having it though. And since then, I had thought about a tatoo. This may be just the inspiration I needed! Now, Jill, you gonna hold my hand when I do it, or what?!!

BethLang
04-26-2012, 02:10 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535854_2942219835617_1264855801_32124927_358908986 _n.jpg
Here is it!
The Ruby colored flower is my birthstone color (and my DIL's), the Topaz is my hubby's and the Aquamarine is our son's.
My ankle swelled up and is black and blue now ... but I do love the tattoo!!

Jill! It turned out so great!!!! WOW!!!!

JillW
04-26-2012, 03:57 AM
So cool!! I always wondered if I ever got one what I would get. All these ideas are so personal, and so wonderful. I may be 42, but the thought has crossed my mind a few times. I have my nose pierced, well, I need it redone - it came out several months ago and I let it heal - I miss having it though. And since then, I had thought about a tatoo. This may be just the inspiration I needed! Now, Jill, you gonna hold my hand when I do it, or what?!!

I'd be glad to hold your hand Beth! :kisses

A nose piercing? Oh, I think the are so cool, but think it would drive me crazy - so I'll stick to tattoos! LOL!

GingerScraps
04-26-2012, 04:14 AM
Love it!! It turned out great!!
It will be a wonderful reminder, when your feeling negative.... Hanging your head down.... You will open your eyes and see "blessed".

Rhoda Jayne
05-02-2012, 01:46 AM
I saw this the other day but I didn't get to post. I really like the one of your foot & I told dh that I would like something similar if I ever get brave enough to do it!

JillW
05-02-2012, 02:08 AM
I saw this the other day but I didn't get to post. I really like the one of your foot & I told dh that I would like something similar if I ever get brave enough to do it!

Honestly, this hurt when it was being done, but as soon as the tattoo artist was done - the pain was over. It hasn't hurt a lick since I got it, even with shoes on.
The one on my wrist hurt for a few days after I had it done ... maybe because there isn't much filled in on my foot one ... ?