PDA

View Full Version : If you were chatting with a beginner digi scrapbooker

christinap
04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
what's the one item you'd tell them they needed? (besides software)

This question was posted on the Scrapbooks Etc Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/scrapbooksetcmagazine/posts/10150787330155659). All the answers refer to paper scrapping items. What's the digi version of this list? Forget about specific kits, what's one digi item you couldn't do without.

We are so lucky we don't need paper trimmers, scissors, glue, etc!

I think I would say a good basic cardstock pack, with blacks, whites, and kraft papers.

missdamsel
04-16-2012, 10:12 PM
A good pack of fasteners. Stitches, staples, etc.

photom
04-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Design software! lol

photom
04-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Oh yeah..... a computer! hehe

StarWarsFans
04-16-2012, 10:36 PM
I would say a really great template pack.

Ambelleina
04-16-2012, 10:58 PM
can i say a great community you feel comfortable? i've done way better stuff and gained so many skills once i started being active with gs than when i was going it alone.

JillW
04-16-2012, 11:08 PM
can i say a great community you feel comfortable? i've done way better stuff and gained so many skills once i started being active with gs than when i was going it alone.

Yes, indeed!! I agree ...
And tutorials --- they are so useful ...!!!

JillW
04-16-2012, 11:09 PM
And I would probably add ... taking part in the challenges surely helps grow digital scrapping skills!!!

Lauracw
04-16-2012, 11:47 PM
A lesson on recoloring. The day I learn you could change the color of a ribbon, I think my head exploded, lol!!

Sarah
04-17-2012, 03:40 AM

I love that!

missdamsel
04-17-2012, 07:22 PM
That should be first on the list, but since I found the community THEN started really scrapping, I didn't think about that! lol

Sarah
04-17-2012, 07:22 PM
That should be first on the list, but since I found the community THEN started really scrapping, I didn't think about that! lol

Same here, well, CafeMom, but still :D

missdamsel
04-17-2012, 07:36 PM
yep, cafemom for me too. That is where we met. Me, Sarah, Ginger, Barb, Julie, Rachel, Jodi, and I am not sure who else! Wow, so long ago!!

Sarah
04-17-2012, 07:39 PM
yep, cafemom for me too. That is where we met. Me, Sarah, Ginger, Barb, Julie, Rachel, Jodi, and I am not sure who else! Wow, so long ago!!

SO many, so awesome!! :D

Juliemomof4
04-17-2012, 07:55 PM

Gosh, that seems like so long ago. How long has it been girls?

sladd79054
04-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Yup, cafemom for me too it seems like forever ago

Neverland Scraps
04-17-2012, 11:40 PM
I would say shadow instructions, styles or whatever their program needed for them to acheive great shadowing on their layouts.

If that doesn't count . . . .hmm, what is the must have for me?
Flowers...I need flowers and greenery! I can't do a layout with either.

Sarah
04-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Biggest advice I can give:
Give everything a try :D
Try out new techniques that there are tutorials for.
Don't give up.
Listen to critique. It can help :D

Sarah
04-17-2012, 11:44 PM
I would say shadow instructions, styles or whatever their program needed for them to acheive great shadowing on their layouts.

Oh this! Definitely this. A friend of mine is doing digiscrap. I have shown her over and over how to do shadows, and she just refuses to use them, and then asks me why my layouts look so much more realistic, and I want to put my head through a wall :(

Sniksnak
04-18-2012, 04:36 PM
I would say classes on how to use photoshop (or other software). Especially with photoshop there's so many possibilities and things you can do. Once you know a little more about what you can do, you also start to know which things you need to invest in (kits etc) and what everyone on GS is taking about :D Plus most of those software classes come with free kits so you have something to start out with and get a sense what kind of scrapper you are.

cuddly14ever
04-24-2012, 09:45 AM
any one know how to do masks? or special brush effects in PSP x2?

msbrad
04-24-2012, 02:28 PM

I would say a really great template pack.

Oh yeah..... a computer! hehe

Absolutely!!!!!
and learn your program. Ask questions. Be open minded-not frustrated when the light goes on there are many ways to get something done.
m

JulieEnriquezDesigns
04-24-2012, 06:10 PM
A lesson on recoloring. The day I learn you could change the color of a ribbon, I think my head exploded, lol!!

Have to laugh at that one, as I remember when I figured that one out. I was thrilled to death, and went recolor happy on my elements. Some not so good recolor job I must say too.

cuddly14ever
04-26-2012, 09:47 AM
ok so how do you recolor LOL... please let me know~ psp x2

Terra
04-27-2012, 06:02 PM
I totally agree! Finding a community that is supportive and helpful! You know... Like Ginger Scraps!

Terra
04-27-2012, 06:05 PM
I found this tutorial on youtube... I think it can be adapted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ooMGvvNrUs

Oh and Google is your friend! LOL... You can google almost anything!