PDA

View Full Version : Needing Help on Resizing

ladyndawg
04-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has a tutorial out there that shows how to resize a 12 x 12 scrapbook kit's paper and elements to a smaller size without losing any resolution. I mainly use 8 1/2 X 11 size on scrapbooking and I am also wanting to try making some digital greeting cards. Sizes 4 X 6 or 5 x 7. Everytime I try to make an element smaller .. it looks strange :S Is it even possible to do this?

Thanks so much!

Donna

missdamsel
04-16-2012, 01:42 AM
It is possible to do. What program are you using?

Ambelleina
04-16-2012, 01:47 AM
Definitely make sure you are checking/clicking/selecting whichever option your program has for "maintain aspect ratio."

This is seriously important for keeping anything, paper or element, looking the same: it need to maintain the aspect ratio, regardless of the overall size.

I use Photoshop and when you use the transform controls (the little boxes in the corners to make it smaller/bigger), an option appears that looks like a little link and if you hover, it says "maintain aspect ratio." That is the option needed!

Resizing is easy once that is selected, just drag to make smaller/bigger. It stays in proportion and the resolution does not diminish!

ladyndawg
04-16-2012, 03:36 AM
Hi and thanks so much! The program I use is Paintshop Pro... I'll go look and see if I can see that option Christina. I so appreciate your help on this!

Donna

Ambelleina
04-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Yes, PSP does have the option to maintain the aspect ratio, so make sure you check that box so the image/paper does not get distorted! :)

msbrad
04-16-2012, 02:49 PM
this link might help you in setting your preferences.
http://www.artistrypsp.com/classtuts/REV/Basics/PSP9pref/PSP9Pref.htm

I mainly use Adobe and cs5 [although I have psp x3 as well]. I have my preferences set so that an element or paper is auto sized to the document.
m

ladyndawg
04-16-2012, 06:43 PM
This is awesome and that's what I would like to do... thank you so much for this link.. I will see if I can figure out how to do that. I appreciate your help :)

Donna