PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Kit

trina513
04-03-2012, 03:36 PM
I cant remember if I've requested this before or not - but we travel to AZ every year to do some hiking, etc. I'd love an Arizona or desert themed kit - I have one that I use - but we've gone 6 times - and I scrap multiple pages each trip - and I'm getting sick of using that one - even tho it is cute! LOL!

I'm thinking mountains (no snow on them), cactus, hiking, swimming, etc.

Any takers?!

Lisa
04-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Lisa want too, Lisa want too!

...dirt, rocks, Prickly Pears, Joshua Tree, backpack, compass...

Ambelleina
04-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Could GS ever, or has GS ever, done a "50 States"-type thing for monthly buffet??

I feel like I recall this being brought up in the recent past; I'd love a TX kit--we've got so much going on down here that could easily be made into a kit: Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, Dallas Mavericks, Reunion Tower, "the green building," Texas Rangers, the Alamo, Austin's weird-ness, UT longhorns, the state fair, etc.

I'm sure there's a lot of generic stuff that could be shared between the hot/cold states and recognizable landmarks for a lot of places!

And if we're taking requests, I'd also love kits for Washington, DC and Portland, OR. :)

trina513
04-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Love that idea Christina!!

DESIGNERS COME HERE! :D

MamaCake
04-03-2012, 07:51 PM
oh buffet is a good idea!!!!!!

photom
04-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Trina, where do you go and when for your AZ trips? Is that going to change with your newest announcement? My parents just bought a "winter home" down there in Sun City- (old people land- have to be 55 to live there)- so we plan on visiting down there 2 times a year- probably Thanksgiving and Spring break.

trina513
04-03-2012, 11:28 PM
We usually go sometime in December - to Mesa - just outside of Phoenix - it too is a retirement type community

photom
04-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Mike has relatives in Gilbert- so I know where Mesa is...... just didn't realize it too was a retirement community! He has several cousins that are down in that area- who have lived there and they aren't that old! I think we are safe in saying that most of AZ is a "retirement-type" of community because of all the snow-birds that go there for the winter time. Are you still planning on this next December? If so, maybe we can meet you out there sometime? Since I can never get to MN!

nutsaboutgabe
04-04-2012, 01:10 AM
Oh I could use a AZ Kit too. My husband went to Scottsdale for a work trip, but went on some fun little outings and I haven't scrapped any of those pictures.

brenian4ever
04-04-2012, 08:45 PM
We live about two miles from Sun City in a town called El Mirage...

photom
04-05-2012, 12:59 AM
We live about two miles from Sun City in a town called El Mirage...
Hate to say this, but I am totally sneaking out on my family when we go there next! (If you want of course!) How Awesome!

brenian4ever
04-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Yeaaa! That would be too cool!

trina513
04-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Ok - why are there NO designers stalking this awesome idea?!?! ;) LOL

missdamsel
04-05-2012, 10:33 PM
I am sure they are Trina, but a good stalker never lets you know they are here!!

Ok - why are there NO designers stalking this awesome idea?!?! ;) LOL

trina513
04-06-2012, 05:01 PM
LOL LOL LOL! True Missi - I just keep posting hoping someone will say something ;) I'm anxious - and they're the next photos on my list to scrap!! LOL

Colleen
04-11-2012, 04:34 AM
I love both the ideas from Trina and Lisa. This kit could work awesome for AZ AND SoCAL!!!!.... :D

WendyBird
04-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Make sure to post in the forum if you guys do a Phoenix area meet up :) I live in Peoria, a Phx suburb (closer to El Mirage than Mesa, but I'm willing to travel)

photom
04-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Sounds good! Peoria has that fun veteran's park that we went to by the freeway- it's about 10 minutes from my parent's winter home! I am SO EXCITED to go back now!

brenian4ever
04-12-2012, 05:25 AM
For sure...we will all have to meet up and take lots of photos to scrap! lol I know my way around pretty good so I am game to go anywhere!

Psychozoe
04-12-2012, 10:17 PM
oh wow! all the Arizonans are coming out of the woodwork!

I live in SE Arizona and I know another designer here that lives in Arizona!

we should def have some type of get together

as far as a kit goes.... um..... I would really have to get my mojo up for that. Living in the desert is a novelty at first, but then ya get tired of looking at cactus, and
4 times in the last 2 weeks, we've seen scorpions in our house. ughhhh!!!

they have to be the creepiest things alive. they didn't stay alive for long, though, once I saw them. thos flat-bottom frying pans work really well as a scorpion swatter!

Psychozoe
04-12-2012, 10:20 PM
P.S. I could be bribed to make an Arizona kit if you all promise me a layout or 2 with it, lol!

but I'll have to work on it after I finish the robotics kit that was requested. http://forums.gingerscraps.net/showthread.php?16779-Robotics-kit

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/BJ_BOBBI_JO9/Alien%20cyborg%20and%20robot%20smileys/36_23_5.gif

Psychozoe
04-12-2012, 10:24 PM
P.S.S. ok I keep thinking of things... lol

I used to live in Mesa for a long time so I know the Phx area really well. We could meet in that general area. It seems that is a natural place to meet and lots of choices for things to do and places to eat. I'm all for going out to lunch somewhere (olive garden, anyone?)

photom
04-13-2012, 06:20 PM
P.S.S. ok I keep thinking of things... lol

I used to live in Mesa for a long time so I know the Phx area really well. We could meet in that general area. It seems that is a natural place to meet and lots of choices for things to do and places to eat. I'm all for going out to lunch somewhere (olive garden, anyone?)
Yep- but it might not be until either November or *gasp* next March for me!

photom
04-13-2012, 06:22 PM
P.S. I could be bribed to make an Arizona kit if you all promise me a layout or 2 with it, lol!

Is that *asking* for a 1 kit CT call? I'm IN! I really LOVE your stuff, but I just haven't mastered the fantasy stuff yet enough to go asking for a full time CT spot.

Psychozoe
04-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Yep- but it might not be until either November or *gasp* next March for me!

those are actually great times, it's not too hot!

Lisa
05-15-2012, 05:44 PM
I cant remember if I've requested this before or not - but we travel to AZ every year to do some hiking, etc. I'd love an Arizona or desert themed kit - I have one that I use - but we've gone 6 times - and I scrap multiple pages each trip - and I'm getting sick of using that one - even tho it is cute! LOL!

I'm thinking mountains (no snow on them), cactus, hiking, swimming, etc.

Any takers?!

Lisa want too, Lisa want too!

...dirt, rocks, Prickly Pears, Joshua Tree, backpack, compass...

I need this, and I need it now ...but I'll wait ...please!

Colleen
05-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Me too!!! :) ;)
I need this, and I need it now ...but I'll wait ...please!

trina513
05-16-2012, 02:58 PM
I gave in and just scrapped my AZ pics - but I have about 19 mos of scrapping and i'll be to another trip (we skipped the year my 3rd was born - as he was only 2-3 wks old when they went)...maybe by the time I'm caught up to that point we'll have a fun kit here ;)

trina513
05-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Colleen - we should try to make one ;)

Lisa
08-12-2012, 07:58 PM
So... anybody???

trina513
08-13-2012, 04:31 PM
I know!! Come on designers ;)

Lisa
09-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Bumping again!!!

And I just saw this amazing LO (http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=73084&title=top-five&cat=500) by one of our own amazing designers and it got me thinking ...maybe she's the one to make this happen!!! (off to send a PM) :)

Neverland Scraps
09-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Bumping again!!!

And I just saw this amazing LO (http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=73084&title=top-five&cat=500) by one of our own amazing designers and it got me thinking ...maybe she's the one to make this happen!!! (off to send a PM) :)

Thanks Lisa!! Totally have me cracking up over here and my children wondering what is up with their mama!! LOL

Neverland Scraps
09-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Could GS ever, or has GS ever, done a "50 States"-type thing for monthly buffet??

I feel like I recall this being brought up in the recent past; I'd love a TX kit--we've got so much going on down here that could easily be made into a kit: Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, Dallas Mavericks, Reunion Tower, "the green building," Texas Rangers, the Alamo, Austin's weird-ness, UT longhorns, the state fair, etc.

I'm sure there's a lot of generic stuff that could be shared between the hot/cold states and recognizable landmarks for a lot of places!

And if we're taking requests, I'd also love kits for Washington, DC and Portland, OR. :)

I like the D.C. suggestion, especially since that is where I currently live. Might have to add this one to my ever-growing list.....

Neverland Scraps
09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Okay Lisa and other ladies who lived in this area....what is a prickly pear?

I just googled it
https://www.google.com/search?q=prickly+pear&hl=en&prmd=imvnse&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=s7NcUPTgGO3U0gH6o4GgBg&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1344&bih=684

and if the images are correct (for the most part) its a cactus, right?
But then you suggested a cactus.

Are you wanting the cactus that we saw (more like the prickly pear) rather than the large cactus you see in movies? Or you dont really care, as long as its some sort of cactus?

Lisa
09-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Yep, a prickly pear is a cactus, like this...

http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/1ds-4/prickly-pear-cactus-flowering.jpg

but I think everyone would like a traditional cactus, or a variety would be awesome!

missdamsel
09-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Both!! lol

Okay Lisa and other ladies who lived in this area....what is a prickly pear?

I just googled it
https://www.google.com/search?q=prickly+pear&hl=en&prmd=imvnse&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=s7NcUPTgGO3U0gH6o4GgBg&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1344&bih=684

and if the images are correct (for the most part) its a cactus, right?
But then you suggested a cactus.

Are you wanting the cactus that we saw (more like the prickly pear) rather than the large cactus you see in movies? Or you dont really care, as long as its some sort of cactus?

Neverland Scraps
09-22-2012, 12:29 AM
I dont think I saw those, or if I did they weren't in bloom (those bulbs on the top) we only saw things that looked like that but with no other color than green. I have a couple of photos that maybe one of you ladies could tell me what kind of plant it is--perhaps its a desert cactus and us easterners know nothing about LOL

Lisa
09-22-2012, 05:05 PM
You can actually eat prickly pears, but I've never had one. Here are some cacti...

Saguaro Cactus...
http://amazing-seeds.com/images/nowitz-richard-saguaro-cacti-in-desert-landscape-with-vivid-blue-sky.jpg

Cactus flowers...
http://imgc.artprintimages.com/images/art-print/jamie-judy-wild-flowering-beavertail-cactus-arizona-sonora-desert-museum-arizona-usa_i-G-27-2746-FRDTD00Z.jpg

This is a Joshua Tree...
http://indioumc.com/Media/joshua%20tree.jpg

Ambelleina
09-22-2012, 05:07 PM
I like the D.C. suggestion, especially since that is where I currently live. Might have to add this one to my ever-growing list.....

GASP I'm sooooo jealous of you! I adore DC and want to visit again now!

altimasport
09-23-2012, 01:05 AM
If you come to DC you are like 2 hrs from me if that:)

Neverland Scraps
09-23-2012, 02:39 AM
GASP I'm sooooo jealous of you! I adore DC and want to visit again now!

Come for a visit. I've met one lady who digiscraps on another board, who lives not that far from us. In fact, it was her who got us out and about to see the cherry blossoms at the Tidal Basin. She's been busy this summer and now that school has start up, she's busy again. So I guess the girls and I will have to explore our nation's capital without my wonderful digiscrapping friend who made an amazing tour guide!

If you come to DC you are like 2 hrs from me if that:)
I physically LIVE in D.C. (not in Maryland, not in Virgina, IN D.C.) unlike people think when we tell them that hehe Are you north or south of the city? Do you come to the city often? :36_1_33:

Neverland Scraps
10-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Girls you might want to be on the look-out this DSD for something that will help you scrap some of your photos....it took me many weeks planning and Im sure I could keep it another month or two to just keep adding, but alas, I dont want you all waiting too long. But something good should be releasing DSD weekend in my store.....