PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Minnesota

delscrappy
03-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone - newbie to Ginger Scraps - about 1 year into digital scrapping. I use MMS as my digital program, and have fell in love with the whole digital scrap world. Never enough time though to do all that I want to. Some of my bigger projects have been - **Made a video for my daughters graduation last year - turned out wonderful. **Made a ABC book for my great niece and am now making a Pirate themed ABC book for my great nephew. **Have also made a couple of calendars.
I am from Minnesota. Will be married for 25 years in May to my wonderful husband. We have two beautiful daughters aged 19/16. We live on a hobby farm and love the outdoors.
Can't wait to learn more about the digital scrap world - and Ginger Scraps looks like the place to do just that.
Delane

mamaape
03-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Welcome! Welcome! :):)
I'm pretty sure you will LOVE this community. :)

msbrad
03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi and welcome to Ginger Scraps! Glad you are here. Yes- digi is rather addictive [LOL] but I love it. Jump in and have fun with us.
m

trina513
03-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Welcome! I grew up in MN - and would love to move back someday!! I hope you jump right in and make yourself at home here at GingerScraps! If you ever need anything - dont hesitate to give me a holler! :)

conniep
03-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Welcome :) I'm so glad you joined us here!!

chigirl
03-28-2012, 06:02 PM
hello and welcome!!!

Ambelleina
03-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Welcome to GS! :multistars:

How is living in MN? I want to visit there someday sooo badly! :)

christinap
03-29-2012, 03:43 AM
Great to have you here!

MnMommy2
03-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Hi! Where are you in MN? Welcome to the site!

JulieEnriquezDesigns
03-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi and welcome. I'm new here too, but these lovely ladies made me feel quite at home.

I just got back from visiting a friend in MN. I was in Burnsville. It's beautiful there. If it wasn't for the cold, I'd consider moving there.

dodgeladee
03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Welcome to GS! Glad you are joining us!

carladee
03-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Welcome to Gingerscraps;)

scrapjrlgcp
03-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Welcome Delane!!! You will enjoy it here at GS!

delscrappy
04-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Thank you all for the welcomes. To answer a few of the questions that were asked - ** How do I like living in MN - well I've pretty much been here all my life - I did move to AZ for about a year right after high school but hubby did not like it and wanted to move back - now to answer the question I don't like winter so therefor I do not really like living in MN - we are actually hoping to move to TN soon after our last daughter graduates from school which will be next year.
**Where do we live in MN - we live out in the country, our children travel to school about 17 miles one way and the same for me for work - my hubby travels about 35 miles one way to work. Closet place to even get milk is 7 miles away. I do love living out in the country and our home which we built and designed ourselves about 8 years ago. We live close to Lake City MN.
**Julie - you said you were here visiting in Burnsville - that is about a little over a hour from where we live.
Again, thanks for the welcomes - and hope to be hanging around here a bit more often.

swastinadia
04-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi Delane.. glad to meet you here...
Seems like a busy life you've lived in :)
Welcome to GS!

chouse
04-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Welcome! We are so glad to have you here!

Neverland Scraps
04-12-2012, 04:40 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/hystrix21/welcsparkle.gif

missdamsel
04-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Welcome to Gingerscraps! If you need anything I am always around here somewhere! lol

Where in TN are you hoping to move? We just moved to TN in December.

Colleen
04-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Welcome! I can't wait to see what you create! :) I am from MN as well, but I just moved to CA. :)

Sarah
04-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Hello and welcome!! I have a future MIL who is from Minnesota! She goes back every summer to her family's summer camp :D

I hope you find your time here enjoyable!! <3

Lisa
04-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Welcome to GingerScraps Delane!

Hildur
04-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Welcome to GingerScraps.
Hope you'll enjoy your time here.

delscrappy
04-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Once again thank you for the welcomes. Sorry, I have not been on here in a while but I was involved in a accident almost 2 1/2 years ago and broke my shoulder in 2 places and I have had 2 surgeries already and now have to have another one on May 3rd so I have been dealing with all of that again - and of course have not been able to scrap as much as I want to cuz of my shoulder/arm hurting so much once again. Also once May 3rd roles around I will be one arm/handed for awhile again and of course it's my right side so I will not be doing much scraping if any for probably a good month. I will try to check in here a bit more often cuz I love to look at all yours work and get ideas from others.
Missi - we are hoping for the Gatlinburg area of TN. Where did you guys move to in TN? We are so hoping that we will be able to sell our home cuz we will not be able to move without doing that but right now houses in our area just are not selling.

Tree City
04-20-2012, 01:30 AM
sorry about your shoulder :( I have to use my left arm a lot right now cuz I'm holding my 2mo DS... can't imagine not being able to use my right arm at all though!

catgoddess
04-20-2012, 02:37 AM
Welcome to Gingerscraps, Delane!

bhoppe
06-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I am also from Minnesota (south east, currently). I mostly do paper crafting: cards and scrapbooking but I dabble in digital scrapping especially when I want to duplicate a page three times for my three kids. I also like that I can take it anywhere with me.

chigirl
06-09-2012, 12:07 PM
welcome to gs!!!!

Jill DZines
06-15-2012, 04:50 AM
Hi Delane and Welcome!

I am in MN too - in Moorhead, right across the Red River from Fargo, ND.... The Big-and-Nasty Red River that has enjoyed FLOODING us badly a few times in the last few years, but we got off easy this year! I'm not *terribly* crazy about winter, but other than the EXTREMELY cold days (like when it's colder than -20 or so) it doesn't bother me too much... I love the snow, just not the extreme cold. And I love the changing seasons and can't imagine not having that... and the hilly lake country once we get about 40 miles east of Moorhead. (It is flat as a pancake around here - we're in the bottom of one big bathtub, the former Lake Agassiz of Ice Ages past)

I hope your surgery went well and that you are feeling less pain!