PDA

View Full Version : Newbie



elfmaiden687
03-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Hello, all!

I'm a university student who always kind of knew scrapbooking existed but didn't take it seriously until I saw all the pretty things scrapbookers get to play with. I've always been kind of an artist (not my major, sadly) so I used scrapbooking supplies in everything but scrapbooking! Origami, card making, collages, bookmarks... you name it. Then I started playing with the idea of actually, y'know, scrapbooking, so here I am!

I'm working on my first ever scrapbook, and I came here for advice and feedback. I've always liked GingerScraps because everyone seems so nice (and the kits here are always so pretty!) I may not be terribly active, due to my plethora of hobbies and my limited resources (read: time) due to being a senior undergrad, but I still look forward to being part of the scrapbooking community!

MSPeeler
03-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Welcome to Ginger Scraps!! Are you working on digital or hybrid (printable) ???

ShabbyAbby
03-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Welcome!

mamaape
03-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Welcome! :)

elfmaiden687
03-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Thank you, everyone. :)


Welcome to Ginger Scraps!! Are you working on digital or hybrid (printable) ???

Digital, with the end goal of printing it all out. I'm part of an Urban Game (NERF) Club and I'm scrapping all the stuff my team has done. I'd like to give each member a hard copy when Spring quarter ends, especially since this is our first year as a team!

Craft-tastrophic
03-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Welcome to GS! Grab a chair and enjoy :)

Ambelleina
03-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Welcome! Digi scrapping is perfect for a college student. It's so much easier, less mess, less stuff and CHEAPER than traditional. I do everything digital and use Persnickety Prints for my print-outs. I am 25 but I started digi scrapping at 23 when I met my boyfriend and it's great. I love the ease and the price tag! I hope you like it here at GS! :confetti:

Luv Ewe Designs
03-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Welcome to GS! Need anything just ask!

chigirl
03-17-2012, 09:18 AM
welcome!!!

Neverland Scraps
03-17-2012, 01:39 PM
good luck with your schooling and you fun hobbies!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/hystrix21/welcsparkle.gif

lauramarie
03-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome!

Lisa
03-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Welcome to GingerScraps elfmaiden ...♥ your name!

elfmaiden687
03-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Thank you everybody! :D


Welcome to GingerScraps elfmaiden ...♥ your name!

Thank you! It's been my username for almost everything since I was 13... I had just seen "The Fellowship of the Ring" at the theater when I made it. hehe Can't wait for "The Hobbit" this summer!


Welcome! Digi scrapping is perfect for a college student. It's so much easier, less mess, less stuff and CHEAPER than traditional. I do everything digital and use Persnickety Prints for my print-outs. I am 25 but I started digi scrapping at 23 when I met my boyfriend and it's great. I love the ease and the price tag! I hope you like it here at GS! :confetti:

Thank you! Yeah, about 98% of my stuff is digital, and the other 2% is mostly paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby when they have sales on the packets. Not really sure what I'm going to do with the physical paper yet, to be honest; would it be bad if I scanned it in to use digitally? I do agree with everything said here about digital! I especially like the mobility of it.

dodgeladee
03-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Welcome to GS! What a cool idea to give to your teammates!

swastinadia
03-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Welcome to GS....
I was a newbie myself when I join GS 5 months ago and tutorials here have been helping a lot to improve my digi-scraping and photo retouching skill. I bet you're gonna like it here, as much as I do cause the products hers are just wonderful and everyone is so friendly too :)

carladee
03-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Welcome to Gingerscraps;)

chouse
03-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Hi and welcome to GS!