PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Change

JillW
02-25-2012, 06:40 PM
I have slowly been gaining weight for the past 6 or 7 years. Just a little at a time - but those pounds do add up!! (I'm up 30 pounds total) - lately have been feeling so tired ... and honestly, can't stand to look at myself! So - time for a change! Two weeks ago I broke down and went to a weight management doctor and will weigh in every week - I have completely cut out soda and am eating smaller portions - and better snackies in between meals. The one thing my DH and I do every Saturday night is go out for dinner (it is our treat since we don't see much of each other during the week). I will try not to eat as much - however, I don't want to completely change everything ... I mean I want to enjoy our nights out. Anyways, I lost a whole 4/10's of a pound last week -- THAT is a baby step! I weigh in again Monday ... I know I did better than that!

Funny thing is - my "goal" weight now is where I was 6 years ago when I *thought* I was over weight!! :(
I don't want to have to go in to the "womans" clothing section ... !! I want to be back to wearing a size 7/8 or 9/10 ... I can do this!!!!

Thanks for listening to me rant ... :36_1_32:

MSPeeler
02-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Good luck on your journey :)

extase
02-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Good luck Jill...weight lost is not an easy job but count on us to help and encourage :)

nutsaboutgabe
02-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Good luck with your journey. It's a tough one...I know it myself.

ShiLane
02-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Good luck hun!

JillW
02-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Thank you!! :kisses
We went to Red Lobster for dinner last night but I made sure I didn't eat "like I used to" I brought quite a bit home and only had ONE margarita instead of 2 ... lol ... today I'll get right back on track!

jenyurko
02-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Good luck Jill!

rdjrneace
02-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Jill - I totally understand I am about 70 pounds over where I want to be so I also have been working towards eating better. I agree that if we totally give up some items we will go off track so smaller portions is the way to go.

Best of luck.

scrapolina
02-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Good luck~! For me its more of an accoutnability issue. So, I do best if I keep a food journal. Then i can SEE how it is adding up over the course if a day. It helps me make some better choices. Hope this helps!

JillW
02-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Good luck~! For me its more of an accoutnability issue. So, I do best if I keep a food journal. Then i can SEE how it is adding up over the course if a day. It helps me make some better choices. Hope this helps!

I have read that keeping a food journal helps a lot - I need to do that!! I keep thinking, OH, I'll remember what I ate and then write it all down at the end of the day ... but it doesn't work that way, does it? LOL. So - I have yet to start one - but thank you for the reminder!!!

Rhoda Jayne
02-29-2012, 05:46 AM
Myfitnesspal.com has an app that is wonderful. I've been recording my food for over 40 days now. You can even customize meals so if you eat the same thing one night a week you don't have to reenter it every time. Another thing that helps me is if we are going out to eat one of favorite restaurant that night I will go ahead and enter the meal for that night. That way I'll know how many calories that I can have for lunch and still stay within my calories for the day.
Also you record exercises too and if you do any exercises you can enter those too. After you enter your foods for the day, you get an estimate on what you would weigh in 5 weeks if you ate like you did that particular day.

StarWarsFans
03-05-2012, 08:37 PM
My fitness pal really helps me too. Seeing exactly what I've consumed helps me stay on track!

scrapjrlgcp
03-05-2012, 08:54 PM
goodluck Jill!!!

JillW
03-06-2012, 12:42 AM
It has been slow going but last night when I weighed myself I'm down between 5 and 6 pounds. That is a start! I've been able to make wiser decisions when I am hungry - we don't have much "junk" food in the house any longer - the refrigerator is stocked full of fresh veggies and fruit. Haven't had a Coke (full blown - full of sugar) for 3 weeks. Still enjoy going out to eat dinner with hubby on Saturday nights ... but then I get right back at watching what I eat the rest of the week. Here in Northern Illinois the weather hasn't gotten nice enough to walk outside yet - but that's my plan when spring finally arrives here ... baby steps ... thanks for your support my friends!