PDA

View Full Version : Fonts and Just HOW MANY can one have or install and

scrapolina
02-24-2012, 03:23 PM
OK I have gone fontbalistic!! I have tried not to get too many because I remember from the "old" days you cannot install too many???
Is this still true? If so how many can you install? Is there a way to put fonts in their own folder open them and then in your program be able to use without installing? I have windows 7 and use gimp.
Is there a font program that organizes your fonts by description?? Like eroded, script, etc....

Thanks in advance for your help on this....I have a ton of fonts i love just sitting unzipped because I dont want to crash my puter :-):(

jenyurko
02-24-2012, 03:44 PM
i NEVER install new fonts because i've had crashes happen. i use fontloader by moon software. i'm trying to find a download link.... WHEW i finally found it! http://www.brothersoft.com/fontloader-160511.html

the program allows you to load & unload fonts onto your OS without installing them :) HTH!

scrapolina
02-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the link. One question before I install this one. I have font explorer. It allows you load fonts..(from folder)..but then they dont show up in gimp when I have them highlighted in font explorer...so I am wondering if it will be the same or if there are different kinds of loads??
Or...can I select the font i want to use install then uninstall as soon as I am finished using it??
I hate to install too many programs as I always seem to have trouble as the registry keys get changed LOL!!

jenyurko
02-24-2012, 04:18 PM
i'm thinking yes? fontloader runs as a little icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. when you click on it, a fly-out menu appears and you load your fonts from there before you start your editing program.

scrapolina
02-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Ah...now there is a key thing to remember...you need to choose fonts before opening your program so that they will be available...hmmm. I am not creative enough to know where I am going with a page that I would be able to have my fonts all picked...oh.......lightbulb...you could save your page...(since I do text last) ...decided on fonts ...close program...load fonts...reopen program...use loaded fonts....( am i getting this?? )
Thank you for your patience I seem to be a bit on the dense side this morning!! :-)

jenyurko
02-24-2012, 04:44 PM
you can load them all at the same time if you want. it's not going to hurt anything ;) i usually load them all first thing in the morning, then restart my computer at night when i go to bed (which unloads the fonts). i have TONS of fonts and have never had any problems from this program - or crashes!

no problemo!

scrapolina
02-24-2012, 05:06 PM
I keep forgetting just that one important step over and over...so I went to d/l the link you gave me and it is what I have..LOL..font explorer.
So...now I am thinking...i "finally" must have the correct directions to be able to use..
Load the fonts into font explorer...restart computer...next time I open gimp they will be available to use even though they are not installed?
LOLOL I am going to have to do something special for you for having SO much patience with me this morning! :-)

jenyurko
02-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Crap then I posted the wrong link sorry! They aren't the same program. Ill see if I have a zip on my EHD somewhere. Moon software discontinued shell tools and fontloader so its really hard to find online

And no. If you restart the fonts auto-unload lol!

scrapolina
02-24-2012, 06:57 PM
LOL I thought it was going to work and loaded them...restarted computer and gone..I thought I must be the biggest dork on earth!! LOL
If you cannot find that fontloader do you think you can just install and unintsall each time you use? WOuld that hurt your puter?
I am going to make something for you because you have been SO good to me today and I feel I have taken WAY too much of your time.
BRB :-)

Twin Mom Scraps
02-24-2012, 07:00 PM
OMG! i have noooooo idea what on earth you guys are talking about! LOL!

MSPeeler
02-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Lol me neither! I have way too many fonts installed, but I've need had trouble with crashing, just photoshop opens really slow! Lol

jenyurko
02-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Its seriously ok lol! I dont mind at all :) I No I wouldn't install and uninstall again. You can double click the fonts to open them, then open your editing software. They'll show up that way. In the mean time I will try to find a good download link for fontloader. I searched my harddrive and it isn't in there like I hoped it would be :(

jenyurko
02-24-2012, 07:16 PM
PS. Lol girls! Its just loading fonts with out having to install them all hehe

Psychozoe
02-24-2012, 07:38 PM
haha I was reading this thread, and I tried to go to the 2nd page, but it says I'm forbidden... nothing like a cliffhanger!

and replying to the thread got me to the 2nd page... bwahahaha

scrapolina
02-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Okay Jen, check your PMS for lil surprise :-)

scrapolina
02-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Ok...Check your PMs Jen! You've been RAK'd :-)

scrapolina
02-24-2012, 08:22 PM
I KNOW...I couldnt get to the 2nd page so re replied and voila..............
LOL...strange...........but If I edit and delete the 2nd post bet I cant get to the 2nd page....We are in the twilight zone....dadadada...dadadada...

jenyurko
02-25-2012, 12:09 AM
You are so sweet... thank you (in advance lol)so. I' ll try to check in a minute! I'm on a new-to-me app on my phone lol.

I found two links searching on my phone. Here's one... I'll be back in a sec with the other. Try the second one first!

http://www.efreedown.com/soft_102925.html

jenyurko
02-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Here's the second...

http://www.softstatus.com/fontloader_856

JillW
02-25-2012, 02:12 AM
OMG! i have noooooo idea what on earth you guys are talking about! LOL!

Phew ... I don't feel so bad because I'm lost too! LOL!

JillW
02-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Okay speaking of fonts - http://www.demilked.com/free-retro-fonts/ -- FREE fonts for everyone! Cool fonts to boot!!!

Twin Mom Scraps
02-25-2012, 02:17 AM
all this foreign font-talk got me thinking about how many fonts i might have....so i just looked and was shocked when i saw 3,318 fonts! and i only use maybe 20 of them when i scrap...geesh!
how is that even possible? LOL!

scrapolina
02-25-2012, 02:20 AM
ha.. 3 pages now..none accessble...but learning hit reply and go to the twilight zone where the pages are....here i come

scrapolina
02-25-2012, 02:28 AM
Okay speaking of fonts - http://www.demilked.com/free-retro-fonts/ -- FREE fonts for everyone! Cool fonts to boot!!!
Great fonts!! Thanks for sharing!

MSPeeler
02-25-2012, 07:32 PM
haha I was reading this thread, and I tried to go to the 2nd page, but it says I'm forbidden... nothing like a cliffhanger!

and replying to the thread got me to the 2nd page... bwahahaha

LOL. It's because she titled the post ending in ".........", and that is not allowed. Just simply delete the periods in the web address bar and whaala! Your back in business:

http://i56.tinypic.com/102qich.jpg

Psychozoe
02-25-2012, 07:34 PM
twilight zone again

Psychozoe
02-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanx Michelle... I just learned a new thing!

kimmyscraps
02-25-2012, 09:27 PM
This thread is acting funny because of all the..... at the end of the subject. we've had that happen a few times before.. Gonna see if I can edit it! ;)

kimmyscraps
02-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Fixed it! Woohoo!

Psychozoe
02-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Thank you Kimmy and MIchelle! hehe

:36_1_32::36_1_32::36_1_32::36_1_32:

MSPeeler
02-26-2012, 05:29 AM
LOL :clap: