PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Denmark!

lorryfach
05-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Hello! I love the Modern Mommy train so much I decided to stick around. It looks like there is tons going on here! I'm Lorry. I am an American married to a Dane and living in Denmark. I'm SAHM to a beautiful, wonderful nearly-8-month-old daughter, Dagmar Lee (D.L.). I'm pretty new to digiscrap but it seems pretty addictive already….

nutsaboutgabe
05-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi Lorry - welcome to Gingerscraps. I hope you join in on the challenges and have a great time here!

charmedeebob
05-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi Lorry, welcome! There are lots of challenges to keep you entertained here, happy to have you here!

madscrapper
05-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Great to have you here! You're going to love it!

Misty
05-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi Lorry! Welcome to Gingerscraps!! We have lots of fun here

Jodi
05-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi Lorry and welcome! You will fit right in here.

Laura
05-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi Lorry!
I've seen you around in the SS's and I have to say your work is great!! Welcome to GingerScraps! Glad you decided to stick around :smile: We do have lots of fun in here :rocker1:

How are you liking Denmark? We lived in Germany for 3 years recently and I LOVED it! SO pretty there! I loved how things were much simpler (is that a word?!?!) Anyway, see you around!

~L

lorryfach
05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Thank you! :)

I like Denmark a lot! I do miss some things about the States but I think pretty much any time you have lived in more than one place you'll want all the best things about all those places. lol Danish is a challenging language but so far I'm still learning it faster than D.L. ;)

What part of Germany were you in? I've only been to Berlin so far, and I really want to visit Munich as well. My cousin was stationed in Germany for a while but unfortunately before I moved over here!

Laura
05-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah Danish would be challenging for me too! I actually learned German quite fast. It was easier for me to understand them when they spoke to me as opposed to me speaking it to them! I felt really stupid! LOL

We lived in a little town called Butzbach in Hessen Germany. Then halfway through our tour over there we moved to Giessen which is about 45 minutes outside of Franfurt. I didn't ever get to go to Berlin, I missed the free trip on that one but I did travel to Paris, Amsterdam, Nurenburg, Willingen, and Rothenburg. They were all beautiful!! Now that I think about it, I should totally scrap some pictures from there!

Thank you! :)

I like Denmark a lot! I do miss some things about the States but I think pretty much any time you have lived in more than one place you'll want all the best things about all those places. lol Danish is a challenging language but so far I'm still learning it faster than D.L. ;)

What part of Germany were you in? I've only been to Berlin so far, and I really want to visit Munich as well. My cousin was stationed in Germany for a while but unfortunately before I moved over here!