PDA

View Full Version : It's time!

jtbusman(Jamie)
05-23-2011, 02:17 AM
I stepped on the scale this morning...ugh...double ugh...I've been having a hard time getting back into the routine of exercise and have been eating horribly.......soooooooo, since the scale was UP, I'm determined to get the pounds off! It's not that bad, just 15 lbs - so manageable. I did great today with food choices, I've decided I'm writing everything down. When I write things down, I"m very successful. AND, I"m telling everyone here so that will hopefully keep me accountable! We were outside planting today, so that was some good physical exercise. Tomorrow I will either go for a run/walk outside (it's been awhile so might not be able to run very far...lol) or I'll do my Jillian Michaels Shred it w/ weights DVD (w/ the kettlebell which is an awesome workout)!

So that's it! I"m going to watch my food intake and exercise - I'll check in next week to help keep myself accountable! Anyone else want to join me?????

trina513
05-23-2011, 03:06 AM
I think they started a thread or post or something somewhere about this....I was doing well until I threw my back out - now its been 2 weeks since I've exercised! :( UGH!

Lisa
05-23-2011, 04:06 AM
I am sooo with you! I can't believe summer is nearly here already. I walk the dogs every AM, but that's not nearly enough, we gotta start running!

Three more weeks of school, then I'm off for the summer. I plan on hitting the pool 4x a week ...now if I can only stick with that plan. I do have a swim buddy, hopefully it will work out and we will help motivate each other.

jtbusman(Jamie)
05-23-2011, 05:03 PM
okay, since I was too tired, I didn't realize where I was putting this thread, so I have now moved it the Healthy Kitchen area! I wrote down everything I ate yesterday - since I want to lose, I want to be at 1200-1500 calories/day. I was at 1500 on the nose yesterday and it made me realize how much I was overeating! Yikes! Anyone have a good calorie counting (free) site they can recommend? Is there an app for Blackberry that anyone knows of?

StarWarsFans
05-25-2011, 04:12 PM
I use My Fitness Pal (http://www.myfitnesspal.com). It's free to use online and there is an Android App, bou I'm not sure about Blackberry.

jtbusman(Jamie)
05-25-2011, 04:53 PM
I will have to look into that, thank Tricia! I found the Mynetdiary and it looks awesome, it's free online, but not for BB - only free for iphone....another reason I want an iphone...lol

Oh, and I weighed myself this morning....I'm down 3 lbs since Sunday (and that's JUST watching my calories!!!!) Woot! I'll take it!!

jtbusman(Jamie)
05-25-2011, 07:22 PM
I use My Fitness Pal (http://www.myfitnesspal.com). It's free to use online and there is an Android App, bou I'm not sure about Blackberry.

It IS free for Blackberry! I downloaded it on my laptop now too - (so I have no excuse, right)! Thanks for the tip!

Anna xx
05-25-2011, 08:38 PM
I joined ww and yesterday was my 2nd weigh in lost 4lb's 1st week, 2lb yesterday am over the moon.. Been told a healthy amount to lose is 1-2lb per week so don't over do it girls xx

jtbusman(Jamie)
05-25-2011, 08:44 PM
I joined ww and yesterday was my 2nd weigh in lost 4lb's 1st week, 2lb yesterday am over the moon.. Been told a healthy amount to lose is 1-2lb per week so don't over do it girls xx

I do know that Anna! I just started tracking my calorie intake on Sunday, so I'm well aware that you can have bigger numbers the first week and then it slows down to a healthy pace. Plus, it all depends on how much exercise you're incorporating too! In all honesty, I'm all about losing inches rather than pounds - and as long as clothes fit an look good that's all that matters to me (as long as I am eating healthy and exercising). That 3 lbs in 4 days just tells me how much I was overdoing it calorie wise before I starting paying attention!

You are so sweet to care though! And congrats to you on another 2 lbs!!! Way to go!!!!

fdgtgrl
05-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Live Strong is a good App too for iPhone (don't know if there version for other phones)
I'm there too !!! Yesterday I stepped on a scale and it said I've gain yet more weight :(
It is really time for me to do something about it *sight*
I got a membership to 24h fitness through Costco but haven't started going yet :-/

Just can't motivate myself: aggrrr !!!

jtbusman(Jamie)
05-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Live Strong is a good App too for iPhone (don't know if there version for other phones)
I'm there too !!! Yesterday I stepped on a scale and it said I've gain yet more weight :(
It is really time for me to do something about it *sight*
I got a membership to 24h fitness through Costco but haven't started going yet :-/

Just can't motivate myself: aggrrr !!!

Okay, I'm here to say, YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!! I did activate my Fitness Boot Camp, just have to wait for the time slot to open up. Then I don't have a choice, it's only 4 weeks, and I already paid for it, I have a babysitter lined up to watch the kids since they're done w/ school next week - and I KNOW it will motivate me to keep moving once I go! Can you tell I'm trying to stay positive here!!!! I'm sure I'll be complaining up a storm after I go with how sore I am. I've heard these boot camps are brutal! But, I'm not going to get anywhere w/out doing the work!!!!

jenevang
05-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Anybody interested in a little competition? Teams. Points for healthy habits. Incentives (of some kind)... I need a kick in the very large part of me that seems to follow me around! I can organize somethin' somethin'... Just a thought.

jtbusman(Jamie)
05-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Anybody interested in a little competition? Teams. Points for healthy habits. Incentives (of some kind)... I need a kick in the very large part of me that seems to follow me around! I can organize somethin' somethin'... Just a thought.

YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!! :36_1_33:Jen, that would be awesome! Maybe that would be the motivation I need!!! :drop: If you're willing to organize that would be FABULOUS!!!:kisses

fdgtgrl
05-26-2011, 11:32 PM
 I'm in !!!

jenevang
05-27-2011, 12:59 AM
We'll see if we can cook up something... either way, we'll still be here to challenge each other!

trina513
05-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Oooh - what's in it? I like competition ;)

fdgtgrl
06-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Well !!! I'm on the wrong track already :(
Still haven't hit the gym and eating wise, let's just say that it's not easy with a DH who is as big as a tooth-pic and can eat for 10 without putting an ounce on !!!

missdamsel
06-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Count me in. I joined the Bggest Loser at work, but can;t stay motivated!

Get 2 Scrappin'
06-08-2011, 12:36 PM
I just joined Weight Watchers and in 2 weeks I'm down 5 lbs. I'm so excited! I have worked on picking up my activity little by little. The biggest thing for me is just keeping track of everything I eat. Sure makes me aware of how much I snack with my kids and while on the computer!

I'm in this for the long haul - I have a lot of weight to lose - so anything to help with the motivation is always welcome! :)

Heather / HK Designs
06-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Well !!! I'm on the wrong track already :(
Still haven't hit the gym and eating wise, let's just say that it's not easy with a DH who is as big as a tooth-pic and can eat for 10 without putting an ounce on !!!

that was and is the hardest part for me... for the most part I eat pretty well, still eat too big of proportions!!! But my hubby has a very high caloric diet to keep his muscle mass... ugh... soooooooooooooooo needless to say when he gets home from work at almost 8:30 p.m. he is putting in a Digiorno pizza and filling the house with that smell and asking if I would like a slice.... even if you are not "really" hungry your mind sure can fool you into thinking you are hungry when someone is eating around you like that ... hours after you ate dinner...
But for the gym I don't have trouble staying motivated.. I think it is because of the classes I take.. they make me look forward to going , but before I started taking the classes I would find excuses not to go..Babysitter is not a problem because they have daycare there.. but I suggest maybe trying a class or have a friend go with you so you both are accountable to the other if you don't go... I take zumba 3 times a week and then hit weights for a 1/2 hour after.. and the other two days I do 30 minutes of weights and 20 to 30 minutes of stair master or elliptical ! At first I was discouraged because my weight was not going down.. but I knew I was doing something because all my clothes were fitting better I started doing measurements and found that I was gaining muscle mass... things that were sqeezable were no long soft and mushy but muscle now... and finally when I started zumba I lost 7 lbs... I have more to go don't get me wrong but.. at least it is a start.. I think I would do alot better if I didn't drink the things I drink.. two cups of coffee every morning with plenty of sugar and countless amounts of southern sweet tea throughout the day..... ugh.......................

fdgtgrl
06-13-2011, 05:23 AM
I manage to get my butt to the gym 2 time this week for 30 min cycling and some crunches ...
Now, I need to keep it up ...
The problem is my schedule: I'm on the road at work from 7am to 8pm !!!
I changed my work days around and will have Tuesdays all day off, so I'm Gonna look for a class ...
Now, for the food: ugh !!! That's all I'll say for now ...