PDA

View Full Version : Check in on your path to health for the week of April 1st!

charmedeebob
04-03-2011, 07:05 AM
How are you doing this week ladies? Struggling? Or are you kickin those extra calories to the curb? Are you exercising? Or only surfing the Internet? Let us know your latest happenings on your path to health!

lasnow
04-04-2011, 02:03 AM
I've been reading these posts for a few weeks, and decided to join in myself. I need support and motivation :)

In the last few months, I've dropped from 185 to 159. I was stuck at 165 forever! I didn't think I'd ever get below it. My goal is 140.

I lost the first 20 lbs just by eating less. I love food and tend to eat a lot, so I just started trying to pay more attention to my hungry/full cues and not overdo it. After hitting the plateau, I finally went back on low carb, and it definitely did the trick.

My biggest challenge is exercise. I have exercise-induced asthma and low muscle tone, so every time I try to exercise, I just end up sick or hurt. It's very frustrating.

charmedeebob
04-04-2011, 03:00 AM
*waves* Hi Lori!!! :)
that is an awesome weight loss, way to go on being so mindful of your eating! I hear you on the exercise, its so hard to be motivated. have you tried swimming? its great for non weight bearing and I bet it would be easier on your asthma. Even if you just romp around the pool with Alaric you will burn calories ;)

StarWarsFans
04-05-2011, 04:33 AM
This past week has been really good for me, thanks to my new phone! Once I got my smartphone, I dove right into the world of "apps". I found one called "My Fitness Pal" and it has made a huge difference for me. I keep track of my caloric intake with the app and it helps me stay on track. Before, I did a lot of mindless eating that I didn't even realize I was doing. For example, my daughter is potty training and gets rewarded with 2 M&Ms when she uses the restroom. I didn't even realize that I was "rewarding" myself each time I rewarded her. I was sticking those M&Ms in my mouth without even thinking. Now that I am keeping track of everything, I realized I had to put those in my calorie diary. They add up - FAST! So now I don't eat any. I'm not supposed to have that much sugar and I don't need those extra useless calories.

By doing this for 10 days straight, I have lost 1 lb. That might not seem like much, but if you've been following my postings on this from the beginning, you know that I've been stuck on my "set" weight for months now and couldn't get it to budge. So this is HUGE! I've got 4 lbs. to go to be at a comfortable weight and 9 to go to get to my ultimate goal. By keeping track of my calories and continuing to go to Zumba two times a week, I feel I can actually accomplish this. The app also really helped me to make good eating choices when I was on a trip this weekend. I was able to look up calories for different meals at each restaurant on my phone and then make the best decision. I highly recommend "My Fitness Pal"!

charmedeebob
04-05-2011, 04:46 AM
ooh, good tip Tricia! I was using that app when I first started my diet, it really does make you VERY aware of what your calorie intake is! its super easy to use too. I haven't used it in a while because the diet plan I'm on is pretty much the same every day LOL... but I will use it again when I'm putting regular food back into my diet for sure!

trina513
04-05-2011, 02:07 PM
I've been bad altely - my hubby and my bet is up April 19th - and I havent weighed myself in over a week - and havent been good abotu doing my exercises or exercising either :S I'm afraid to step on the scale - but I maybe should today to know how much I need to lose yet - I was only about 0.3 lbs away before (still would like it ideally lose 10 lbs) but that was the goal I set on Wii Fit at the time

lasnow
04-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Char, that's a great idea about swimming. I will have to hang out in my friend's pool a lot this summer. Alaric loves it, too.

Tricia, congrats on the 1 lb lost! That app sounds great. I wish I had a smartphone. I use fitday.com to track what I'm eating and my weight. It's free. You can also track your measurements and keep a journal.

Trina, good luck with your bet :)

This morning I'm down to 158. Not bad considering I haven't been eating as well as I should this week. I'm determined to get back on track today. No more finishing the last few bites of my son's ice cream or rice just so it doesn't get wasted.

My pants are seriously starting to fall off. I have to tighten my belt to the point that my pants are all bunched up around my waist. But I'm afraid to try on a smaller size yet lol. I don't want to be disappointed if they're still tight.

charmedeebob
04-06-2011, 03:28 PM
I love when pants almost fall off, it feel so rewarding :)
I've been "blessed" by my first period in almost 2 years today. UGH UGH UGH. But it does explain the raging need for chocolate lately! I'm hoping to get back on track after these few horrid days LOL!

StarWarsFans
04-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Pants falling off are GREAT!

AmyP
04-06-2011, 03:35 PM
I love when pants almost fall off, it feel so rewarding :)
I've been "blessed" by my first period in almost 2 years today. UGH UGH UGH. But it does explain the raging need for chocolate lately! I'm hoping to get back on track after these few horrid days LOL!
I remember when mine returned when my baby was 14 months old. One of the blessings of extended nursing- so that was 23 months without a period. Anyway it returned (very unexpected and unprepared) when I as on vacation the day before my birthday- I think "she" was out for vengeance lol.

Ladies my husband I a are going to start p90x this month. We have to read all the literature about it first. I am excited AND scared. I'm only telling you because I will need the accountability. It will include exercise and an eating plan. I'm excited about the exercise (even though I know it is going to beat me up), but I'm scared about the self-discipline. Anyone want to do p90x with us? lol!

charmedeebob
04-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Amy, that was why mine was so delayed too, I nursed for the full 12 months and it always seems to work for me to hold it off. Sigh, I was done nursing, but now I wish I had hung in there LOL....oh well, this too shall pass!
Good for you on the p90x. I'm not sure what that is, but the exercise will be great for sure!

trina513
04-06-2011, 04:02 PM
My mom just got that program - I did it one day with her (while I was visiting) seems fun - I should have stolen it and brought it here :D Then we could do it together - or maybe I'll have her bring it next week when she comest o watch the kids so I can sub - wanna wait to start it Amy? Otherwise I'll just be a few days (or a week) behind and we can still keep each other accountable. I dont think I'll use the diet stuff or wahtever it is in there - but the exercise will be good for me.

I sitll havent weighed myself - but biking starts tonight! WHOO HOO! We bike every Wednesday from the first wednesday in April to the last Wednesday before Labor Day. I'm SOO excited - its fun and GREAT exercise - we go an average of 30 miles (beginning of the season more like 18-20, sometimes towards the middle when we have the most "light" we'll go 40-50!)

lasnow
04-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Ugh, Char, that sucks.

I'm just checking in real fast to say I now have more motivation to eat right. The smaller pants fit! LOL. I finally wore them today, and now I don't want to go back to the bigger ones.

nutsaboutgabe
04-07-2011, 12:33 AM
I nursed Gabe for 2 years and mine still came back when he was around 14 months! I was ticked.

Amy, that was why mine was so delayed too, I nursed for the full 12 months and it always seems to work for me to hold it off. Sigh, I was done nursing, but now I wish I had hung in there LOL....oh well, this too shall pass!
Good for you on the p90x. I'm not sure what that is, but the exercise will be great for sure!

StarWarsFans
04-07-2011, 03:12 AM
My husband did P90X and lost 50 lbs.! He is wanting to do it again just for maintainance/toning and wants me to do it with him, but it is SOOOO time consuming, that I haven't agreed to it yet. We'll see. But I can tell you that it really works Amy!

AmyP
04-07-2011, 08:27 AM
P90x is my ticket to a bikini in August ladies- LOL!

- wanna wait to start it Amy? Otherwise I'll just be a few days (or a week) behind and we can still keep each other accountable. I dont think I'll use the diet stuff or wahtever it is in there - but the exercise will be good for me.
I can wait! When do you think you can start?

lasnow
04-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Good luck with the p90x ladies :)

I also forgot to mention that I reached my first goal recently, which was to be at a healthy BMI. I already feel so much better about myself. I'm at 156 this morning, so just 16 lbs to go :)

sladd79054
04-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Wow, you are all doing great. At my weigh in this week I gained 3.8 pounds. UGH!!!! today I did pretty good though and I actually took my puppy for a walk and I was exhausted when I got home, I am so out of shape!!! I have heard good things about the p90x, I have a friend who lost 100 pounds doing that. I looked it up on the internet a few months ago but isn't it expensive? although I am paying 45.00 a month for weight watchers so that adds up each month also. Anyway, I am really hoping to be able to conquer this eventually. For some reason I thought this was going to be easy and I would lose a hundred pounds in a year and at the rate I am going it will be more like ten years but I just have to keep thinking one day at a time and set small goals. We will see what Monday brings when I have to weigh in again.

AmyP
04-09-2011, 04:36 PM
It is expensive. It is about the cost of about three or four months at a gym though (retail around $140 I think). HOWEVER we bought ours used on Amazon, so it was really affordable. We haven't started it yet. We are skimming through the booklets. There are some things that you are supposed to do before you get started like weighing, measuring the inches around body parts, and taking the before photos. Blech!

lasnow
04-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Where'd everybody go? I'm still struggling along. I still have 14 lbs to lose. I've been getting more exercise just getting outside with Alaric. He insists on having me push him up and down the sidewalk on his bike or tricycle until my back is breaking lol. I'll sure be glad when he figures out how to pedal it himself.

AmyP
04-17-2011, 02:08 PM
We've been at our exercise program this week. We will do day four tomorrow. It is pretty difficult, and is more advanced than I am used to (for now, in a couple months I'll be a pro LOL). I'm really excited about it even though my muscles are reminding me how unfit I have been living these past years lol. My short term goal is to "just show up," and establish good habits, my long term goal is not to feel self-conscience in a bathing suit lol. I will think about specific goals after I establish my short term goal.

Lori great job on getting out there and exercising. It sounds like Alaric is enjoying it too hehe.
:)

charmedeebob
04-17-2011, 04:01 PM
yeah, I'm struggling right now, I haven't even made the check in thread for the week LOL....I'll try to remember to come back here after work today and check in....I need to be accountable somehow!

trina513
04-18-2011, 04:24 AM
So I *thought* my mom had p90x - but its some other program similar to it - so glad you started w/o me Amy! I might still try to keep this up! Altho as of thur - I was 4 lbs UNDER my Goal for my DH and i's contest - and he was 5.5lbs OVER his! :) WHOOO HOOO! Official weigh in is Tuesday :D I think I may have won ;) LOL! But I just need to keep it up!

lasnow
04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Amy, congrats on starting the program and sticking with it :) Exercise is hard for me, so I admire anyone who tackles the hard stuff. Alaric is definitely enjoying me playing outside with him more :)

Char, good to see you back :)

Trina, YAY for beating your goal! That is awesome. I hope you win :)

I had to go out and buy new jeans today. I have lost 2 sizes since I started, and I only have one worn out pair of jeans in my current size. I don't want to buy too many, because I'm still hoping to lose one more size. Then I can buy stuff :)

AmyP
04-18-2011, 07:23 PM
yeah, I'm struggling right now, I haven't even made the check in thread for the week LOL....I'll try to remember to come back here after work today and check in....I need to be accountable somehow!
Hi Char! I hope the struggling gets easier.

So I *thought* my mom had p90x - but its some other program similar to it - so glad you started w/o me Amy! I might still try to keep this up! Altho as of thur - I was 4 lbs UNDER my Goal for my DH and i's contest - and he was 5.5lbs OVER his! :) WHOOO HOOO! Official weigh in is Tuesday :D I think I may have won ;) LOL! But I just need to keep it up!
Woo hoo is right! It is always nice to beat your husband in a competition. Are you nursing? I love that nursing burned calories. My little guy stopped nursing in January and I gained 2 pounds in February. I had the thought that I should have weaned him but pumped lol.

Amy, congrats on starting the program and sticking with it :) Exercise is hard for me, so I admire anyone who tackles the hard stuff. Alaric is definitely enjoying me playing outside with him more :)

Char, good to see you back :)

Trina, YAY for beating your goal! That is awesome. I hope you win :)

I had to go out and buy new jeans today. I have lost 2 sizes since I started, and I only have one worn out pair of jeans in my current size. I don't want to buy too many, because I'm still hoping to lose one more size. Then I can buy stuff :)
Thank!
I love that you had to buy more pants! That is SO cool!

trina513
04-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Yeah - I'm nursing - BEST WEIGHT LOSS PLAN EVER ;) He's not quite 5 mos (eek!!! wow - how can that be?!?!) and I'm down to where I was before I got pregnant - granted I still have another 5-10 lbs I'd love to lose - but we'll see how it goes! :D Now that summer is SUPPOSEDLY coming (more snow this week - UGH), I bike and play softball so that usually helps. But I'll keep nursing as long as I can - I love burning calories just for snuggling w/ my babe ;)

marshmella
04-18-2011, 08:19 PM
I've been slacking in this thread. Eeekkk, shame on me. But I have been doing pretty good. I have been stuck at the same weight for quite a few weeks now and I only have 2 1/2 weeks to lose my last 3lbs. I started this commit to fit program today. It's an 8 week program where I am assigned a new healthy habit each week. 1st week easy peasy... drink 12 glasses of water a day :) I can do that easily. Anyway... hope I can get back in the convo on this thread :) Just been busy lately.