PDA

View Full Version : Check in on your path to health: week of Feb 25, 2011

charmedeebob
02-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey healthy scrappers, how are you all doing today?
How was your week? Tell me about your challenges and your successes, no matter how small! If you were challenged by that piece of pie at the family get together, but said "no thank you", that was a success!
Your fun fact of the week, I've found you a FREE recipe book! Go to this link and click on the top left where it says "Order Cookbooks". I ordered the one for Healthy Family meals and it was 100% free!
http://hp2010.nhlbihin.net/healthyeating/

marshmella
02-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Hello! My week was pretty good. I did eat a piece of cake at my niece's 4 yr bday party on Tuesday. LOL! I do allow myself cheats though. It helps me so I don't feel so guilty and I can get back on track easier. I don't want to cheat and feel like a failure and then quit. KWIM? It's also my time of the month, but I usally struggle the week prior so I am doing good.

How was your week Char? I seen you got fit into some pants that haven't fit you in a long time!!! That is awesome.

StarWarsFans
02-26-2011, 02:25 AM
This week was awful for me. I fell of the bandwagon HARD. My husband had to go to work early and work late all week which is always really hard on me. My 2 kids (ages 2 & 4) always seem to act their very worst when Daddy isn't home much. When you add my health problems flaring up this week as well, it just equals stress with a capital "S".

And what do I do when I stress? I eat. What do I eat? Crap! I'm supposed to be on an all natural, sugar-free, gluten-free diet. When I stick to that my weight is maintained and my health problems don't flare up as badly. When I choose to eat sugar and gluten and other junk, it starts a downward spiral. I put on weight which depresses me, my health goes down the tubes, and then I get stressed and eat even more junk. It's a vicious cycle that I need to pull myself out of!

So, I've decided that starting tomorrow I am drinking just water and eating only fruits and vegetables. I'm going to be much more concious of what is entering my mouth. It helps that DH will be home tomorrow and is going to watch the kids for me so I can de-stress. So here's hoping that next week will be much, much more healthy!

nutsaboutgabe
02-26-2011, 12:26 PM
I did great until last night. The whole week was going well, but at ladies night a woman who was painting with our group brought cheese and slices of Italian meat! I don't normally ever even want those things, but I did last night. :(

Laura
02-26-2011, 03:23 PM
hehe! I'm laughing inside reading all of these comments because I really want to cry! I know how all of you feel. I also fell off the wagon and tapped into those extra weekly points that I'm allowed. I felt terrible after eating fast food! My body was not at all used to it and I swear I'm still bloated from it! Anyway, it's ok that we all "cheated" a little. It will only make us stronger and more concious of what we are eating! Here's to next week ladies! http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c244/l0ckd0wn420/smileys/tenerife-forum-cheers-smiley.gif

Laura
02-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Ok everyone! Today was my weigh in...... despite the fact that I had me some McDonald's, and a frappe, I still lost 2 pounds! Man I was sweating it but it totally worked out! It just goes to show you that you can splurge once in a while and still keep on losing :) I hope this helped some of you since I know a lot of us cheated this week! Don't get down on yourselves! :smiley-vault-misc-1We can do this together!:GroupHug:

StarWarsFans
02-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Way to go Laura! :)

charmedeebob
02-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Great to hear you had a mostly good week Barb and Michaela, but like you said, if you dont' allow the odd treat here and there you will feel deprived and overdo it, so I think kudos to you for treating yourself in moderation!

Tricia, I'm sorry to hear you had a rough week, it is hard when you are stressed. Haha whenever I had a hard day with the kids I used to go straight to Dairy Queen so I know exactly how you feel! It is hard to find other things to distract yourself from eating....I've taken on a LOT for designing in the next several weeks so at least I have that to distract me! Did you get back on track yet?

Laura, that is a great weight loss! I'm glad that you were able to still maintain your momentum despite a little slip. Its true, just because you had one un-healthy meal doesn't mean you should "throw in the towel" and ruin your whole week, you got back at it and still lost!

I've had a great week....as of this morning I'm up to 21lb lost! Yay me! I'm re-discovering my closet, its great :) In about 2 weeks I'm going to have to go shopping for new clothes, shucky-darn! :D

Lisa
02-27-2011, 04:58 PM
In January, like every January for the last decade, I said I'm finally going to lose those extra 30 pounds ...and here it is almost March and I'm only down four. :(

So I'm here to proclaim that March is my month - the month I will be really, really, really, REALLY good! :)

terimayo
02-27-2011, 08:27 PM
I felt lousy most of this month so I havent lost the weight I gained over the holidays and our trip to Hawaii, but I did start running again last week. Man my pace was pittiful, I was running at like 12 min. a mile and was running 4 miles. Well I am at 2 1/2 miles and the last two times I ran, my pace was around 15!!! Horrible, but at least I was out and exercising. I also made it to yoga 3 times so that was good. This week is going to be trying as I am having to leave tomorrow to go to Abilene, which is 11 1/2 hours away to take my dad to his brothers funeral. It is gonna be a hard trip as my dad is not in the best of health and my step mom is not really able to help much either. So, pray for me! I know I can do it, its just gonna be a hard trip! Keep up the great work ladies and it is a journey we are on, so if we mess up one day, just get back on track and don't beat yourself up. :)T

charmedeebob
02-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Lisa it IS your month, you can do it girl!!

Teri, take care of yourself on your journey, I'm glad you're running again as it is so great when you are dealing with stress like that!! Hugs girl!

marshmella
02-28-2011, 01:34 PM
I hadn't been back to read how everyone else was doing. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one cheating. CONGRATS Laura and Char on the wieght loss. WHOOT! I've been doing really good the past couple days although I did sneak 2 pieces of cheese into my soup last night (shhh...). I have the hardest time with bread and cheese. DH bought these most awesome looking sub rolls yesterday and I was drooling over them. I got up this morning and the cats got into them. YES, that will teach him to buy that stuff. Hee hee...

I believe that when you try to do 100% with a diet you only set yourself up to fail. Then when you do cheat you feel so guilty about it and just want to give up and think you can never do it. Giving yourself a cheat and scheduling it helps (once a week, I try to just do it sundays). Do it, get it out the way and continue on your diet. It helps a ton for me.

AmyP
02-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Hi ladies! I need to get healthier! We typically eat pretty healthy, but lately I've been going downhill and taking the easy route. I want to get back on track. I'm going to try to hang out here with you ladies for motivation and inspiration to eat better and get some exercise!

charmedeebob
02-28-2011, 03:00 PM
good for you Amy!
Michaela, I agree, everyone needs a cheat day :)
I hear you on the bread....I'm doing very low carb right now so no bread and my coworker had lunch at Subway last week and when she came back from lunch I was sniffing her she smelled so good LOL!

sladd79054
02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Everyone is doing so great. I have my weigh in tonight but I think I did really good this week. I will let you know when I get home tonight. I am actually kind of excited to go tonight. This weekend my bff and I went to Boston to see the Broadway musical Mary Poppins and we actually ate at a gym cafe so it was healthy food and only had water, I did have a bag of baked lays with my sandwich but that was the only cheat I did. Boy didn't the food smell good going through China Town YUM. I have not eaten out or had fast food or soda since January 5 when I started this and I am thinking it is about time to splurge because I feel like I am depriving myself and I really have a craving for it. I want Applebees so badly.

rdjrneace
02-28-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm here; I wanted to lose 5 lbs by end of February but I don't think I did it. I only started middle of month so I guess if I am down a couple of pounds that is better than up.

sladd79054
03-01-2011, 12:58 AM
so I had my weigh in tonight and I lost 3.4 pounds this week for a total of 12.8 which is 5% of my weight. I was pretty excited. Now we shall see what this week brings.

trina513
03-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Way to go Lisa!! That's awesome!! I havent weighed myself in a while - but hope I'm still going down. Last we checked hubby had gone up and I'd gone down - let's keep it that way - LOL - we're having a competition between the two of us - I think it ends in march sometime - I should go check...LOL

KricketD
03-01-2011, 03:47 AM
Good job guys! I'm with you about cheating though. If I deprive myself totally, I will cheat bad! Steady, good food is the way to go for me. Since I just started this morning, I haven't lost anything! :) We will see how this goes!

charmedeebob
03-01-2011, 06:27 AM
congratulations on such a fabulous week Lisa, you must feel fantastic! keep up the good work, its hard, but in the long run you will be so glad you did! hooray for you!