PDA

View Full Version : the Queen Mother speaks...

Ginger&JuliesMom
02-05-2011, 03:23 AM
Greetings Ladies...
I wish to formally introduce myself to the kingdom of Gingerscraps...I am so proud of my daughters. I take full credit for all their talent. However, being an old lady, I am not up to speed with the digital madness. I am trying, however. I got a new computer and an air card and plan to blog my way across the USA starting this spring. We (the King and I) will be spending the summer in Alaska, the fall in New England, and next winter somewhere along the Gulf Coast. I am going to scrapbook it all the way...hoping Ginger will help me!!

Juliemomof4
02-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Hi Mom! So, how fancy you are posting at GingerScraps. Yes, you can take credit for all of our talent...you are the Queet Mother and we learned it all from you. Welcome to our little digital world mommy.

Psychozoe
02-05-2011, 04:50 AM
lol! What a great trip you're gonna have! Alaska... wow, pick up some gold in Nome for me, ?? Say Hi to Sarah Palin if ya see her at the Alaska Walmart, hehehe.... but most of all, it's nice to meet you and so excited not only for your geographical journey, but your digital journey as well!

Ginger&JuliesMom
02-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Thanks...I am taking my sewing machine along also...I am an avid quilter - art quilts my favorite. I plan to see quilt shows all across the country and have a book with all the quilt shops in the country listed. My soul is fed with needle and thread.

GingerScraps
02-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Well hello mother of mine :)
I knew the digital bug would worm it's way into your blood sooner or later ;)
Your lessons will begin soon!
And ladies..... She might even do some blogging for us on the GS blog!! You will NOT beleive what she can do, she is truly the most talented crafter I have ever met.
Martha Stewart has nothin on her!

Oh and her name is Cathy :) I'm gonna make her a sigi and cute avatar tomorrow :)

nutsaboutgabe
02-05-2011, 12:19 PM
I am looking forward to hearing about trip across the USA and seriously if you are in CT please let me know because I'd love to meet you! I only wish I had 1/10 of the crafting talent you have :)

Harmonystar
02-05-2011, 03:56 PM
WOW! So pleased to meet you Queen Mother Cathy! :) Julie talks about you in her crafting segments all the time! I'm so excited to get to know you better and have you part of the Gingerscraps family! (Umm though I suppose you always have been :) )

jenevang
02-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi, Queenie Cathy! Welcome to the dark side :smiley-vault-signs- . Glad to meet you and can't wait to hear of your adventures.

Get 2 Scrappin'
02-05-2011, 04:44 PM
How awesome to have you! I have a fabulous Quilt Shop right across the street from me. They are going to be featured in the Better Homes and Gardens Quilt Sampler (http://quiltedthreads.com/News/Articles/Quilted-Threads---A-Featured-2011-Quilt-Sampler-Sh.aspx) edition this year! If you get up to NH - maybe you could check it out!!!!
Can't wait to see your works and hear of your journey and probably most of all to suck up some more creativity!!! Welcome!!!!

CariCreates
02-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Hello and WELCOME Queenie Cathy! So thrilled to meet the mom of two such wonderful & talented ladies! Your trip sounds wonderful - can't wait to follow along! :D

http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn287/CariCreates/Smileys/?action=view&current=20121.gifhttp://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn287/CariCreates/Smileys/?action=view&current=20121.gifhttp://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn287/CariCreates/Smileys/?action=view&current=20121.gifhttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn287/CariCreates/Smileys/20121.gif

Shananigans
02-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Hi Queen Mom!! We definitely love your girls - they are such fantastic people!

Where in New England are you planning on going? I live in CT now, but grew up in NH, and RI. It is beautiful up here, well, normally it is - and will be again once we get rid of all this snow!!

I'm so glad you are joining us!!

Ginger&JuliesMom
02-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Don't know where we are going yet. I want to see Fall in all it's splendor. Fall is my favorite season here in N. Calif foothills where we live... but New England in the Fall is on my "bucket list"...where shall we go and what is the best time to see it?

Shananigans
02-05-2011, 07:45 PM
You want to go to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. North Conway is one town (has outlet shopping - TONS of great stores and restaurants, plus there is a quilt store somewhere nearby).

Trees start changing colors from North to the South, so I'm thinking end of Sept to the middle of October (but I wouldn't go later then that) should be a good time.

You can hike mountains (or drive up them) - oh you can have so much fun just enjoying the outdoors there!

http://www.visitwhitemountains.com/
http://www.newhampshire.com/foliage/foliage-change.aspx
http://www.nhtourguide.com/fall_foliage_season_report.htm

Let me know if you want me to recommend some places to stay. We try to make a yearly trip to North Conway every summer.

Will you talk to Ginger about giving me a week off this summer? lol

nutsaboutgabe
02-05-2011, 08:38 PM
I'll have to check these out too. Nice title Shannon. ;)

You want to go to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. North Conway is one town (has outlet shopping - TONS of great stores and restaurants, plus there is a quilt store somewhere nearby).

Trees start changing colors from North to the South, so I'm thinking end of Sept to the middle of October (but I wouldn't go later then that) should be a good time.

You can hike mountains (or drive up them) - oh you can have so much fun just enjoying the outdoors there!

http://www.visitwhitemountains.com/
http://www.newhampshire.com/foliage/foliage-change.aspx
http://www.nhtourguide.com/fall_foliage_season_report.htm

Let me know if you want me to recommend some places to stay. We try to make a yearly trip to North Conway every summer.

Will you talk to Ginger about giving me a week off this summer? lol

Shananigans
02-05-2011, 08:39 PM
hehe

photom
02-06-2011, 12:10 AM
I am so glad to meet you Queen Mother! This has been so fun being able to meet your girls- I'm sure you're 2x as fun as them! I can't wait to see you learn and grow in the digi world! :)

Nice title Shannon. ;)
Perfect!

Juliemomof4
02-06-2011, 05:20 PM
See MOm. You come to GingerScraps and get info you need for your trip :) Our ladies are the best. Oh and by the way Mom...how the heck are we going to survive for a whole year with out you and Dad?

Ginger&JuliesMom
02-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Thank you for the leaf info. We are dragging our 5th wheel trailer along (toy-hauler with harley inside) so we don't need lodging. However, I will miss my bath tub...Can't figure a way to take a portable one along. Hot water heater isn't big enough anyway.

Shananigans
02-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Well, you could take a kiddie pool and fill it up with warm water.....

Ginger&JuliesMom
02-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Julie Boolie ...We will be just a key pad away. Why do you think I got this new fancy computer and air card? Now someone (Ginger?) has to teach me how to "blog" and scrapbook.

GingerScraps
02-06-2011, 08:21 PM
haha... maybe you can stop by Shannons house for a bath ;)

And your lessons will begin soon :)

Shananigans
02-06-2011, 08:22 PM
The only bath we have is the one in the boys' bathroom. I really don't think she wants to go in there. I mean 3 little boys...you can imagine the mess and no matter how often I clean it it never feels clean.

Juliemomof4
02-06-2011, 08:23 PM
She better get on those lessons! :)

GingerScraps
02-06-2011, 08:28 PM
The only bath we have is the one in the boys' bathroom. I really don't think she wants to go in there. I mean 3 little boys...you can imagine the mess and no matter how often I clean it it never feels clean.
hahaha, ya I know the feeling :)

CariCreates
02-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Lovely title, Shannon! Too funny!! :D

GingerScraps
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Hahaha not to hijack my mamas thread.. but that is funny Shannon!! :) I didnt even notice till Cari pointed it out!

Shananigans
02-06-2011, 11:20 PM
I think you give me too much power sometimes....

terimayo
02-07-2011, 02:00 AM
your Highness... ! Your majesty.. or whatever I am to call you.. I know you will enjoy your travels.. When in Texas come see me.. Your hubby.. aka the King can hang out with my hubby... a real life farmer.. we can chat and I will quilt with you! Oh and when you are in Maine.. you have to go to Augusta and eat at THE RED BARN. The absolute best seafood chowder ever... we have gone to Maine the last 9 years and it wins hands down! Enjoy! :)T

AmyP
02-07-2011, 04:21 AM
It sounds like you have places all over the map to plug in your RV! :)

Ginger&JuliesMom
02-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Tamymayo: We have gone to Texas many times. Mostly Rockport area and Austin area. Will return there...where are you.. and where is the clam chowder. Mr. M (the King) is a real "foodie" and will go hundreds of miles out of the way for something truly tasty. We have a book called "eating your way across the USA" we will take along. Any other eating places anyone? Like local joints best...

Shananigans
02-13-2011, 12:01 AM
If you go to Maine you HAVE to go to Bar Harbor Maine. We used to camp there for 2 weeks at a time. There is a restaurant you want to go to - http://thejordanpondhouse.com/ -- they have the BEST popovers, you just have to go there.

Laura
02-13-2011, 12:43 AM
It's so nice to meet you "Mom"! I can't wait to see your travels as well! :)

Tree City
02-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Tamymayo: We have gone to Texas many times. Mostly Rockport area and Austin area. Will return there...where are you.. and where is the clam chowder. Mr. M (the King) is a real "foodie" and will go hundreds of miles out of the way for something truly tasty. We have a book called "eating your way across the USA" we will take along. Any other eating places anyone? Like local joints best...

Yes, if you're in TX come visit me too! I've always wanted to meet the Queen Mum. :) I'm in Houston...it's the fourth largest city in the US, so there must be quilt shops here lol. (There are some nice yarn stores.) And there are loads of restaurants! Or we can head to the coast and eat some super fresh seafood. Oh, if you pass through Amarillo, your DH the King might want to try eating here (http://www.bigtexan.com/free72.html). My DH really wants to try eating the 72 oz steak, but Amarillo is 8 hours from us and I can't see wasting that much gas in hopes of eating that much steak. Kind of negates the "free" part lol...if he finishes it!

Are you going to Sturgis??? I've been there during the rally, but not for the motorcycle "stuff." (My parents should have done a bit more research before planning their Road Trip to North Dakota rotfl! We were pretty much the only CAR on the road up there!)

Anyway, thanks for introducing yourself! Can't wait to "see" you around. :)

terimayo
02-14-2011, 02:24 AM

OH my gosh.. if you come to Rockport, you go right by my house... we live just north of Taft, off of HWY 181. about 15 miles from Rockport. The seafood chowder is is Augusta Maine. BUT if you come to Texas, you have to swear you will contact me! I have to meet you! I will be yalls private tour guide. My husband will get your husband out on the farm on one of his tractors! Lets do this ok??

Edited for emphasis... you MUST eat at the RED BARN IN AUGUSTA MAINE!!! Fried Clams and Laura's Seafood Chowder.. and YOU MUST call me when you are going to be in the ROCKPORT area. I will take yall to the best restraunts around. I grew up in Austin.. Would you like to adopt me as your Texas daughter? I know we will get along very well. I am known to play well with others! :)T

Juliemomof4
02-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Mom! totally take Teri up on this offer! You guys would get along GREAT! She is a cool chick like you! She even has a little convertable car like you! Hers is green though :)

terimayo
02-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Mom! totally take Teri up on this offer! You guys would get along GREAT! She is a cool chick like you! She even has a little convertable car like you! Hers is green though :)

Hope she will too!

sharonbertolino
02-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Hi Queen Mother. If you are on I-10 and want to stop in new Orleans (most people want to visit here, just not live here)- come on by, we'll have a Hurricane (the drink of course!!)

Ellasspace
02-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Welcome ...so happy to see you join us...I can't wait to hear about all your fun travels and get to know you better :)

Jodi
02-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Welcome Queen mother Cathy! Can't wait to see your adventures in digital layout form!

Ginger&JuliesMom
02-16-2011, 04:58 PM
really really intimidating...I am still waiting for lessons. Hard for a hands on, hand made stationary (real letters), outdated wallpaper book user to go digital. But I like to learn new things. On this trip I am not taking my usual oil paints and canvas stuff - but going to learn Chinese painting (from a great "kit" from my daughters) and airbrush painting (my husband bought all the supplies as a gift). Will take raw canvas to airbrush and make fabric for tote bags perhaps...But feel all thumbs at computer. Except the typing part that I learned in high school...and can type faster than both my digi daughters.