PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS2 help - saving as jpeg

mscstephens
12-14-2010, 04:17 AM
I've been working in CS2 for nearly 2 years and have never had this problem before. I have 2 completed pages that are saved as PSD files. When I go to "save as" to make it a jpeg, it will not let me. I go to the dropdown and select jpeg, type the name of the file and hit save as. Then the jpeg options menu comes up and I hit OK. Then it gives me an error that says "Could not complete your request because of a program error. I hit print screen, created a new picture, and it allowed me to save the screen shot as a jpeg.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/mscstephens/Untitled-1.jpg

It just won't let me save my pages. I've tried to flatten the image first and it doesn't help. Can anyone help me figure out why I can't save as a jpeg??? :(

nutsaboutgabe
12-14-2010, 04:23 AM
I don't have CS2 so I haven't encountered this problem myself, but have you rebooted your PC?

kayabee
12-14-2010, 04:57 AM
This happened to me when my scrtach disk was full! Do you know how to clear that?

Jodi
12-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Maybe flatten the image and then save as .jpg (but don't save the flattened image as .psd) and see if that helps.

Colleen
12-14-2010, 03:42 PM
I would check on your scratch disk like Kayla said. I used to have problems too when that was full!

Otherwise, you could try saving the document as a new PSD. Then close the old PSD out. Open the new PSD and try saving as JPEG.

I hope you get something figured out!

trina513
12-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Ok - I havent had that exact error before - but it has said I cant save due to something else

Whats the scratch disk - I know it sounds familiar - and I remember seeing soemthing for it - but what does it do and how do I empty it?

mscstephens
12-15-2010, 02:23 AM
I don't know what the scratch disk is, either. I'm going to try rebooting. Tried flattening and saving, but that didn't work. Hmph. I'll let you know! Thanks, ladies!

nutsaboutgabe
12-15-2010, 02:26 AM
I think it were actually the scratch disk being the problem it would give you that specific error. I googled "photoshop scratch disk" to see what it was because I wasn't sure I knew what it was, but it was what I thought...similar to a temp folder, but I had no idea how to "clean it". Let us know if rebooting helped.

Colleen
12-15-2010, 03:09 AM
Ok - I havent had that exact error before - but it has said I cant save due to something else

Whats the scratch disk - I know it sounds familiar - and I remember seeing soemthing for it - but what does it do and how do I empty it?
I don't remember how to do it either. I learned about it from YOU! lol

kayabee
12-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Hm. I think the way I clear my scratch disk is different from everyone else. *shrugs shoulders*
There is a certain folder in my folder where I have my actual PS and then there is a folder (I can't remember the name) and I had to clear all of it and then it worked again for me. I will look into that!

trina513
12-15-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't remember how to do it either. I learned about it from YOU! lol

LOL! I was kinda afraid you'd say that!